Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #7239
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,388
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Eleven hours ago, Paris France... The sun rising over Charles DeGaulle

And now... Detroit ...I flew in with the guy from the Detroit based pawn shop show... Nice guy...
Attached Images
 
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #7240
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,305
Man I LOVE that show!! Was it the dad or the son?
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #7241
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,388
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Man I LOVE that show!! Was it the dad or the son?
Dad, I was telling him that his show is huge offshore... We watched it all the time...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #7242
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dad, I was telling him that his show is huge offshore... We watched it all the time...
Man now I am really jealous...
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #7243
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,388
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Man now I am really jealous...
Just a nice guy, one of many, though he happens to be a personality...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #7244
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
What the f--k you not going to be at Fest in your own back yard?
I was talking about the Texas Mile
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #7245
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I was talking about the Texas Mile
Got it. I was wondering if that's what you meant.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #7246
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont,tx
Posts: 120
so after the mile...sell those wheels and lets do the new concave wheels on it

MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #7247
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,388
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE@TF View Post
so after the mile...sell those wheels and lets do the new concave wheels on it

Damn, those are nice...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #7248
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,388
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
So,

Tomorrow Chris, from ProEFI is coming to the shop to help Corey with the final set-up and tuning of Brandi's ProEFI system...

There are some current upgrades and items we'll be installing and other goodies to make it all work together...

There is a new CAN display that I'll be getting as well...

I'll be heading to BlackJack speed shop probably monday to get the new tire mounted... I was headed that way yesterday, had the wheel and tire off the car and in the truck, but it got to late and jet lag was catching up to me, so I decided to wait...

I also need to meet up with Pete for an alignment... Maybe monday or tuesday... Where will be decided by availability of an alignment rack...

It's coming together, but why is it always a thrash right at the end to get everything ready... lol... oh well... If all else fail's, I'll put the car on the trailer and throw hte clothes in the back, and head out... Some of my priority list has gone by the wayside... I'll take care of registration stuff after the mile... Most probably wont be driving her on the street before then anyways...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #7249
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,919
Damn, wish I could come help out in some way... All I can say is Get er Done!!!
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #7250
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Damn, wish I could come help out in some way... All I can say is Get er Done!!!
You need a ride? I'm going to have 5 empty seats in my Suburban. I'll be heading down from Dallas by way of California.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #7251
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So,

Tomorrow Chris, from ProEFI is coming to the shop to help Corey with the final set-up and tuning of Brandi's ProEFI system...

There are some current upgrades and items we'll be installing and other goodies to make it all work together...

There is a new CAN display that I'll be getting as well...

I'll be heading to BlackJack speed shop probably monday to get the new tire mounted... I was headed that way yesterday, had the wheel and tire off the car and in the truck, but it got to late and jet lag was catching up to me, so I decided to wait...

I also need to meet up with Pete for an alignment... Maybe monday or tuesday... Where will be decided by availability of an alignment rack...

It's coming together, but why is it always a thrash right at the end to get everything ready... lol... oh well... If all else fail's, I'll put the car on the trailer and throw hte clothes in the back, and head out... Some of my priority list has gone by the wayside... I'll take care of registration stuff after the mile... Most probably wont be driving her on the street before then anyways...
Hey Bud, speaking form experience getting race cars ready.......................there never really ready there is always some little thing to do. Good Luck.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #7252
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
It is always a thrash. I know exactly what you mean. Best of luck in the mile. I'll be watching this thread for updates. Best of luck to you!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.