Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
I have never run direction tires backwards. This will be interesting. One other thought. ANY front Camaro will work for this is there is an SS or 1LE owner close by.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member
 
KLR ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: #708 Summit White ZL1 Del. 5/17
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pearland Tx.
Posts: 1,040
You could take it back and have the tech recheck the allignment and see if it is the same as the adjustments. If so you could return it to the stock settings and try that. if it still pulls it could be an issue with the electric steering since the force feels different from left to right. Let the tech drive it that did the allignment. That is the most bothering problem when you have to take it back and forth to the mechanic to try and resolve an issue. I've been there done that with my 2010 SS.
__________________
Sometimes dreams do come true. #708
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Ahhh yes what Pete says. SS wheels work too and someone may have as set in the garage.

Eric also has a great point about electric steering. One reason I mentioned PTM5.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Front cast has .4* difference, could that be anything?
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I have never run direction tires backwards. This will be interesting. One other thought. ANY front Camaro will work for this is there is an SS or 1LE owner close by.
I'll have to check around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
You could take it back and have the tech recheck the allignment and see if it is the same as the adjustments. If so you could return it to the stock settings and try that. if it still pulls it could be an issue with the electric steering since the force feels different from left to right. Let the tech drive it that did the allignment. That is the most bothering problem when you have to take it back and forth to the mechanic to try and resolve an issue. I've been there done that with my 2010 SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ahhh yes what Pete says. SS wheels work too and someone may have as set in the garage.

Eric also has a great point about electric steering. One reason I mentioned PTM5.
The tech that did this is Jaime, so I have every bit of confidence that his work is spot on, that's the reason I drove 50 minutes to get an alignment, lol. However he said he would look into the calibration of the machine.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Front cast has .4* difference, could that be anything?
Setting caster, which is NOT adjustable from the factory on a 5th Gen Camaro, 0.50 different side to side helps with driving on crowned roads. It is a standard practice.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Setting caster, which is NOT adjustable from the factory on a 5th Gen Camaro, 0.50 different side to side helps with driving on crowned roads. It is a standard practice.
That's what I thought, but wanted to double check that nothing got thrown off when it was curbed.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Looks like according to tirerack you can cross rotate directional tires for trouble shooting purposes.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Looks like according to tirerack you can cross rotate directional tires for trouble shooting purposes.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12
Yeah, I've done it before. Swapping front tires is one of the 1st things to do when troubleshooting a pull.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Looks like according to tirerack you can cross rotate directional tires for trouble shooting purposes.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12
Great find. I learn something new every day.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #28
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
I got a hold of someone from the club, I will be going later tonight and putting his wheels on. I really hope this is the issue..
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
I'll be watching.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #30
Aqua_Blue_SS
 
Aqua_Blue_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 343
A guy at work went to Firestone and had his road force balanced.
Aqua_Blue_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #31
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Schedules didn't work out so I didn't get to try the wheel swap. However I took an hour drive tonight on roads I've never been on and it seem to steer a lot better. Maybe the other roads had more of a crown than I thought, maybe it's all in my head. Which is why I'm gong to have mlee drive my car tomorrow.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #32
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Schedules didn't work out so I didn't get to try the wheel swap. However I took an hour drive tonight on roads I've never been on and it seem to steer a lot better. Maybe the other roads had more of a crown than I thought, maybe it's all in my head. Which is why I'm gong to have mlee drive my car tomorrow.
Mike can create a pull just by sitting in a Camaro. Maybe you should bring a friend or two with you to compensate.

















JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Hahahahaha I'll sit shotgun with a few sand bags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #34
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member
 
KLR ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: #708 Summit White ZL1 Del. 5/17
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pearland Tx.
Posts: 1,040
Just make sure its before the margaritas. Lol.
__________________
Sometimes dreams do come true. #708
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.