Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
Electronic Gremlins

Long story short I popped a tire and had to use the spare that came with the car, which is much smaller than my 20in wheels I have now. While having the spare on the car I got lights on my dash for abs and traction control. I figured it was because the car was tilted and so it couldn't calculate properly. Those lights went away after three restarts.

Then my door locks won't work by pushing down the little pin on the door or when pressing the lock button on the door with the car off. The locks go down then pop back up. The other night my door locks opened and closed on two separate occasions, so I know I didn't accidentally press the button.

Got my new tire today and all is well except the door locks are still having the same problem. A few minutes ago I took the car for a "spirited drive" to get some groceries with the car in sport mode. The car WAS NOT in manual mode. I get to a light after driving a bit hard and the car starts to downshift as I'm slowing down it and it was rev-matching just like it would when you press the button. It did this on three gears before I was completely stopped so once again I didn't accidentally press the button. After getting the groceries I drove exactly how I was before but the car drove completely normal with no rev-matching.

For all of you out there that know far more about these cars than I do, can I please have your opinion on why my car might be doing this.

Here is the link to my thread of my past issues over the summer. The car has been perfectly fine after those issues were fixed. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299010
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
trust me it wasn't my choice, it was the cheapest
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
bump
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
bump
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
I was driving the car in auto mode today and it misssed its shift just before redline and it hit the rev limiter. Then every time I took off from a light in manual mode it woukd get to about 4k rpm and it would shift and the dic would say its in D again.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
tomlink

 
tomlink's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to tomlink Send a message via MSN to tomlink Send a message via Yahoo to tomlink Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
If this was a computer, and it pretty well is, I'd say reboot. That probably means a fuse-pull that lots of threads here mention.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
No aftermarket stereo. And no the footwell lights are fine. I followed instructions I found on here exaclty it is only a power and a ground. If the car was always wired wrong would it always have problems. There seems to be a wave of alot of problems that comes on very quickly but doesnt leave quick at all.

My fob does work and the doors do lock with the key just not with the lock or the button. it locks at first then it unlocks.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
Sorry guys my last post was a bit confusing. By waves I meant that there was problems in june then no problems and now there is problems again. Everything I wrote up on this new thread happens everyday. The link I put up is just the history of the car
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
I think im gona remove all of my lights and dump the car at the lot and not pick it up until its fixed because they have the tendancy of telling me nothing is wrong with the car.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
Long story short I popped a tire and had to use the spare that came with the car, which is much smaller than my 20in wheels I have now. While having the spare on the car I got lights on my dash for abs and traction control. I figured it was because the car was tilted and so it couldn't calculate properly. Those lights went away after three restarts.

Then my door locks won't work by pushing down the little pin on the door or when pressing the lock button on the door with the car off. The locks go down then pop back up. The other night my door locks opened and closed on two separate occasions, so I know I didn't accidentally press the button.

Got my new tire today and all is well except the door locks are still having the same problem. A few minutes ago I took the car for a "spirited drive" to get some groceries with the car in sport mode. The car WAS NOT in manual mode. I get to a light after driving a bit hard and the car starts to downshift as I'm slowing down it and it was rev-matching just like it would when you press the button. It did this on three gears before I was completely stopped so once again I didn't accidentally press the button. After getting the groceries I drove exactly how I was before but the car drove completely normal with no rev-matching.

For all of you out there that know far more about these cars than I do, can I please have your opinion on why my car might be doing this.

Here is the link to my thread of my past issues over the summer. The car has been perfectly fine after those issues were fixed. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299010
jasonfichter,

I apologize for the electrical issues that you are experiencing. I'd be more than happy to oversee an official diagnosis of this concern at your local dealer. We want you to feel like your vehicle is operating as it was designed to and are willing to exhaust all measures to ensure that we can make it right. Feel free to contact me privately if necessary.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
jasonfichter,

I apologize for the electrical issues that you are experiencing. I'd be more than happy to oversee an official diagnosis of this concern at your local dealer. We want you to feel like your vehicle is operating as it was designed to and are willing to exhaust all measures to ensure that we can make it right. Feel free to contact me privately if necessary.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Okay thank you very much. It won't go into the dealer for a while because my other car that i normally drive, got its bumper ripped off by a parking space stop so i have to fix that first.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
Okay thank you very much. It won't go into the dealer for a while because my other car that i normally drive, got its bumper ripped off by a parking space stop so i have to fix that first.
Oh wow,

Apologies to hear about that as well. Please keep me updated on your situation and let me know if my assistance is needed.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
jasonfichter
 
Drives: The Beast From The East
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 335
I took the car to the dealer and the first thing I witnessed as I drove up was a Service rep whip a silverado around the parking lot and almost hit the concrete wall. I was hoping to god that he wouldn't be my rep but guess what, he was. We went through the write up about my car and he stepped out and I think the other rep new what I was thinking, because he said, don't worry the valets don't drive like he does. Im still a little worried because the valets and techs should be the only one driving my car, but there is still a chance he will drive it.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
I took the car to the dealer and the first thing I witnessed as I drove up was a Service rep whip a silverado around the parking lot and almost hit the concrete wall. I was hoping to god that he wouldn't be my rep but guess what, he was. We went through the write up about my car and he stepped out and I think the other rep new what I was thinking, because he said, don't worry the valets don't drive like he does. Im still a little worried because the valets and techs should be the only one driving my car, but there is still a chance he will drive it.
Oh no,

That's not pleasant to hear. Let me know how the diagnosis turns out. We're here in case you need additional assistance.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.