Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
SteveV

Drives: 2013 VR Camaro 2SS 1LE
New Tires for the Winter

Well, I just got back from Atlantic Tire in Cary, NC where I had my Michelins installed.

Like another member suggested, I went with 285/35-20 in the front and 295/35-20 in the rear. Stuck pretty good in 46 degree weather on the way home from the tire shop.

Check it out...

You can tell from these pics that they fit really good.

The last pic is of my originals. I'll be wrapping them in plastic and packing blankets tonight and putting them in my garage attic.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Michelin Super Sports or Michelin A/S 3's? I saw you posting about A/S 3's in another forum and was just curious if you changed your mind. The tread pattern definitely looks like Super Sports...
Old 10-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
May I ask why so many of you go for wider tires at the rear when Chevy itself is saying 285 all the way is instrumental in giving the 1LE the great grip and handling it has?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
May I ask why so many of you go for wider tires at the rear when Chevy itself is saying 285 all the way is instrumental in giving the 1LE the great grip and handling it has?
For me I plan on using the GY for on track duty and the PSS for everyday driving. Since I don't drive 10/10's on the street I went with the wider tires in back partly for looks.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Congratulations Steve, looks great!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
SteveV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Michelin Super Sports or Michelin A/S 3's? I saw you posting about A/S 3's in another forum and was just curious if you changed your mind. The tread pattern definitely looks like Super Sports...
I went with the Super Sports. I was told they stick better than the A/S 3.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
SteveV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
A fair question to be sure. And the simple answer is that I like having wider tires for street use as it was way too easy to break traction accelerating around town before.

When I actually take her to a track, I plan on going with the original tires. You'll note that I saved them for a reason.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Looking good! Unless you're driving in the snow, Super Sports are the tire for this car. I may step up to 295s in the back on my street wheels too. I'm keeping the 315s front and rear on my track wheels for optimimum handling at the track.
Willow Springs Raceway, 1:33.7: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343624
Buttonwillow Raceway, 1:53.9: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote