Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Probably because you can't instinctively defend yourself....your face with something flying at you....or a fall
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
f5journal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
Outlaw77

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS I.O.M. Camaro 6MT
I can understand the military reference to this but when it comes to a work setting its different. If the employer has made a policy about not allowing hands in your pockets during work hours then the op could face a reprimand. If there is no policy, rule or standard that every employee can see and read, and have agreed to follow, then this is just a case of someone going out of their way to mess with someone for the sake of whatever their motivation is. I would speak to someone in human resources before you have this chat with the plant manager. I would find out if this was in fact a company policy, whether it be for health and safety or something else. There also has to be proper training on all H&S and company policies and procedures for all employees.

I deal with this type of stuff all the time and this type of issues always arises. Bottom line is if the employee was not trained properly on the policies, then the company is responsible for providing the training before they hand out any form of reprimand.

Good luck OP!

Kooks headers / Hi Flow Cats / Magnaflow CB / K&N CAI / Dyno Tuned by Davenport Motorsports / BMR 1" lowering springs

Wheels: RC7 Matte Gunmetal 20x10 f, 20x11 r, Super Deep Concave + 275/40, 315/35 Nitto Invos
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If it's for safety, I can understand, but can you explain WHY it's for safety?

Like, how is having my hands in my pockets unsafe?
As stated above it is for being able to protect yourself in case of an emergency whereas with your hands in your pockets you will have limited reaction time.

In our maintenance shops you really have to keep your head on a swivel. The guys/gals in there are most of the time in a rush to get something done quickly. On a few of our production lines downtime can cost a thousand dollars a minute or more.

Also, the cost of someone getting hurt is a lot more!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 2014SilveradoCCZ71
"I got a little bit of change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling"
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Yes, but I'm military and it's in the regs. Out side of the military no, but I can understand it. It's a matter of appearences. If you have time to stand around with your hands in your pocket, it looks like you don't have enough work.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Ok, ok, I think some people mistakenly think that I walk around with my hands in my pockets. Or maybe I didn't make it clear. I don't walk around with my hands in my pockets. I just happened to have one (1) hand in my pocket when I walked in the shop. Usually I have work gloves on so putting my hands in my pockets during work are not an option. I heard the expenation today. Its percieved as laziness. Ok, no more hands in pockets. Hmp! If ass scratching is percieved the same way then I'm really screwed!
I'd still be laid here on my own..........wasting my life away.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #32
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Sounds like that guy is a dick and that's his problem. So I would have issue with the dude, but I would want to talk it out with him if you have to work together. Nothing worse than needing to depend on a coworker for something and them having a beef with you and not willing to help you out.