Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #43
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Read the news, shipping out known defective or hazardous products happens all the time (not naming companies, but there are widely know cases involving tires, body armor, magnetic toys, cribs, etc). Companies are ran by people both honest and dishonest, ethical and non ethical. This even happened on this forum with a vendor no longer on here. I work for a place that deals with filing civil suits and returning money to harmed parties. You'd be surpirsed at the lengths people go to when they're desparate.
Exception to the rule....

Over this recession most of those companies were weeded out. It's easier to fail and harder to succeed these days wether you own a pet shop, a bakery or you're an auto parts dealer.

Some are/were too big to fail but those companies that do things right are the ones that made it through. With social media and the overall public knowledge and word of mouth has made it borderline impossible for companies to get away with this and survive for long.

Agreed that there are idiots and bad companies out there "getting away" with things, but in this case.....I just see a sour person throwing Maggie under the bus bc of what happened.

Looks like most of us see it for what it's worth: A company that had a product they sold fail .....and immediately replaced for the consumer at no cost(per their warranty). But to EXPECT them to pay for labor and when they did not......to very publically slay them for upholding their warranty...
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #44
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,758
Just got the car back from the shop. Running great and no oil leak. They replaced the o rings not included with the valley cover from Magnuson and the intake manifold gaskets. After being removed and installed twice, they thought it best to just replace em since they were in there. Just over 700 bucks out the door. While putting everything back together, they cracked both of the supercharger engine covers so now I need to get 2 new ones. They said that they cracked because of the increased heat in the engine bay, they were brittle and "this just happens sometimes" At this point, i am so tired of asking people to take some personal responsibility, i just shut my mouth, handed over my Visa and left. Apparently I am asking too much as a consumer! Wonder how much new ones will cost me.
__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #45
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,855
I have mixed feelings about this thread and some of the viewpoints being made, as I truly am familiar with both sides. As someone who takes customer service seriously, I would put myself in the shoes of the customer and probably want to try and do something additional for them to ease their pain. Then on the flip side, I can see where that is a slippery slope, for many of the reasons Maryland Speed discussed which are valid points, and policies are in place for a reason.

I don't think Magnuson technically did anything wrong in this situation, that being said I would have viewed it as an opportunity to make a customer extremely happy who wants to talk about how we helped them out by going above and beyond our policy. Sometimes I view circumstances like this as an opportunity for the most influential advertising available, word of mouth. Like I said, I don't feel they did anything wrong, I just would have chosen to optimize this circumstance and make it into some positive marketing at a relatively low cost by maybe helping out with some labor cost. In the end they followed their policy which you agreed to, but for you OP, of course the situation is not a fun one and I hope it all worked out ok for you.

That's just my .02 cents, probably only worth a penny though
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #46
06x6spdGTO
 
06x6spdGTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kearney
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
I have mixed feelings about this thread and some of the viewpoints being made, as I truly am familiar with both sides. As someone who takes customer service seriously, I would put myself in the shoes of the customer and probably want to try and do something additional for them to ease their pain. Then on the flip side, I can see where that is a slippery slope, for many of the reasons Maryland Speed discussed which are valid points, and policies are in place for a reason.

I don't think Magnuson technically did anything wrong in this situation, that being said I would have viewed it as an opportunity to make a customer extremely happy who wants to talk about how we helped them out by going above and beyond our policy. Sometimes I view circumstances like this as an opportunity for the most influential advertising available, word of mouth. Like I said, I don't feel they did anything wrong, I just would have chosen to optimize this circumstance and make it into some positive marketing at a relatively low cost by maybe helping out with some labor cost. In the end they followed their policy which you agreed to, but for you OP, of course the situation is not a fun one and I hope it all worked out ok for you.

That's just my .02 cents, probably only worth a penny though

Your post is pure GOLD!!

Thank you for being a solid dealer, and doing your best to satisfy a customer! I wish there were more people like yourselves that do the little things to make a positive expierence out of a bad situation'
__________________
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #47
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
Your post is pure GOLD!!

Thank you for being a solid dealer, and doing your best to satisfy a customer! I wish there were more people like yourselves that do the little things to make a positive expierence out of a bad situation'
100% agreed! Well said. well worth 3 cents!
__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #48
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
I have mixed feelings about this thread and some of the viewpoints being made, as I truly am familiar with both sides. As someone who takes customer service seriously, I would put myself in the shoes of the customer and probably want to try and do something additional for them to ease their pain. Then on the flip side, I can see where that is a slippery slope, for many of the reasons Maryland Speed discussed which are valid points, and policies are in place for a reason.

I don't think Magnuson technically did anything wrong in this situation, that being said I would have viewed it as an opportunity to make a customer extremely happy who wants to talk about how we helped them out by going above and beyond our policy. Sometimes I view circumstances like this as an opportunity for the most influential advertising available, word of mouth. Like I said, I don't feel they did anything wrong, I just would have chosen to optimize this circumstance and make it into some positive marketing at a relatively low cost by maybe helping out with some labor cost. In the end they followed their policy which you agreed to, but for you OP, of course the situation is not a fun one and I hope it all worked out ok for you.

That's just my .02 cents, probably only worth a penny though
I understand this logic to a degree. That said, I have never seen a manufacturer actually do it. Especially not for someone who was not the original purchaser. It certainly would make this situation better for everyone.

The one other issue is people generally are much faster to post complaints, or negative feedback than they are to tell everyone how great you are (unless you ask them).
__________________
www.marylandspeed.com * 443-730-9428 * Great Prices and Experienced Service!


Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 10-31-2013 at 07:11 PM.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #49
SNSSTR
All About That Speed
 
SNSSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,187
While I don't completely agree with the way the OP did not go to Hennessey, I also empathize with his situation.

Customer service is important and you have to do your best to help a customer when an issue arises. I am personally a 'vendor' in another industry, sell products strictly online, and deal with warranties on a regular basis. When one of my customers has an issue with their product, regardless of the brand, they know or have been told to come to me so that I can assist them with their warranty in any way possible. That doesn't mean, "come to me and I'll give you the manufacturer's phone number or email." It means taking an interest in their issue, contacting my rep or their warranty department on the customer's behalf and using my company's leverage when necessary to assist the customer in getting a satisfactory solution that is fair to both the manufacturer and the customer. That's the least I can do to take care of the people who are purchasing things from my company instead of someone else's.

You build a reputation in any industry. You can be an average company that fulfills orders and sends the customer on their merry way, or you can take an interest in each and every customer and go above and beyond to make sure they come back to you and tell their friends to do the same.
__________________

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #50
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,758
I would have probably contacted Hennessey first but.........I noticed an oil leak that looked very similar on the floor of my garage to the oil leak that I had fixed last year under a recall warranty for an oil cooler line. I made an appt at the dealership just sure that it was the same thing (because who would have expected the valley to be bad) and after I dropped it off, the called and said that the leak was from the valley cover and they had the supercharger off already and had already contacted Magnuson and Magnuson was sending out the part. At that point I was kinda stuck having them fix it...........That is when I called Magnuson and this all started. Had I had a crystal ball, Im sure it would have gone down differently.
__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #51
sykb47l
 
sykb47l's Avatar
 
Drives: 73' VW Bug
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
If the Warranty covered Parts and Labor on these superchargers that would just drive the price up.

If you have a problem with paying labor on your car when something goes wrong then just start installing the parts yourself or stop modding your car......
I agree.
__________________
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #52
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
I agree.
Its not a matter of having a problem with paying for something I break or something that is reg maintenance...its when its somebody else's fault for a known problem. I received a message from a Magnusson rep the other day that states that they did/do know of the problem but unfortunately it is a "no labor" warranty.......
__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #53
Retro69

 
Retro69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan, UT
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
I would have probably contacted Hennessey first but.........I noticed an oil leak that looked very similar on the floor of my garage to the oil leak that I had fixed last year under a recall warranty for an oil cooler line. I made an appt at the dealership just sure that it was the same thing (because who would have expected the valley to be bad) and after I dropped it off, the called and said that the leak was from the valley cover and they had the supercharger off already and had already contacted Magnuson and Magnuson was sending out the part. At that point I was kinda stuck having them fix it...........That is when I called Magnuson and this all started. Had I had a crystal ball, Im sure it would have gone down differently.
Did you authorize the dealer to do any tear down to find your oil leak? I worked as a tech in Chevy dealerships for ten years and if we had to remove any parts to diagnose an oil leak we had to have authorization from the customer before doing so. Typically the service advisor would get a written authorization for maybe a half an hour's labor to see what's up. If it took more than that to find the problem we had to go back to the customer to authorize more. i.e. "We think the leak might be under the supercharger and will have to remove it to be sure. It'll take xx hours labor / parts to do so."

Unless you did authorized them to go that far seem like the dealer might have overstepped their bounds by doing so. Water under the bridge at this point perhaps but maybe some food for thought going forward.
__________________

480 rwhp ERL 416 ci with JDP Stage II Big Bore Cam
JDP tune, CAI intake, Dynatech LT headers, hi-flow cats
VMAX CNC Ported TB. GMPP Z/28 suspension package
Prothane sub-frame bushings.
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #54
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Did you authorize the dealer to do any tear down to find your oil leak? I worked as a tech in Chevy dealerships for ten years and if we had to remove any parts to diagnose an oil leak we had to have authorization from the customer before doing so. Typically the service advisor would get a written authorization for maybe a half an hour's labor to see what's up. If it took more than that to find the problem we had to go back to the customer to authorize more. i.e. "We think the leak might be under the supercharger and will have to remove it to be sure. It'll take xx hours labor / parts to do so."

Unless you did authorized them to go that far seem like the dealer might have overstepped their bounds by doing so. Water under the bridge at this point perhaps but maybe some food for thought going forward.

Somedays I wish I didn't know how many people I've been screwed by ( my perception)

But ...no.....I don't remember specifically authorizing them
__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #55
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Did you authorize the dealer to do any tear down to find your oil leak? I worked as a tech in Chevy dealerships for ten years and if we had to remove any parts to diagnose an oil leak we had to have authorization from the customer before doing so. Typically the service advisor would get a written authorization for maybe a half an hour's labor to see what's up. If it took more than that to find the problem we had to go back to the customer to authorize more. i.e. "We think the leak might be under the supercharger and will have to remove it to be sure. It'll take xx hours labor / parts to do so."

Unless you did authorized them to go that far seem like the dealer might have overstepped their bounds by doing so. Water under the bridge at this point perhaps but maybe some food for thought going forward.
Very valid point IMO.....

OP, I'd go down THAT rabbit hole. GM shop itself might be different than an aftermarket entity, though. Check the warranty....
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #56
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Its not a matter of having a problem with paying for something I break or something that is reg maintenance...its when its somebody else's fault for a known problem. I received a message from a Magnusson rep the other day that states that they did/do know of the problem but unfortunately it is a "no labor" warranty.......
It does suck... but every supercharger company is that way. Some do sell a total powertrain warranty which would have covered labor which you did not have. Sure It's easy for a company to save face and pay for install on something that cost 100-200 dollars but superchargers cost 10X that and an Easy way to be out of business.

Some Companies would not have even sent you the part since you are not the original buyer of the supercharger.

My wife has a 09 yukon SLT that are known to have problems with door lock actuators. The car is less than 5k miles out of the bumper to bumper warranty and I've replaced 2 in the last few months. Does it suck Yes it does but It's just that way it is. Trust me all of us know it sucks I'm sure even Maggie people agree it sucks but if they did it for you they would have to do it for everyone that had a problem. That would be an Easy way to close up shop.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.