Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Some people have all sorts of problems with UDP installs while others have no issues at all. I had mine installed and there were no installation, driveability, or accessory issues. The battery is fine, the alternator is fine, the car starts right up, and the AC is fine. What I think may be contributing to some of the problems is that some people or shops may not be installing it correctly. There is a specific way the pulley is supposed to be mounted and bolted on. It has to be followed precisely. Make sure that whoever does the install knows the procedure and follows it to the letter. The install instructions should come with the pulley. If it doesn't, then find them online and print them out. When you go to the shop, make sure they follow it even if you have to stand over them and watch them do it. If it is done correctly and isn't a rush job, then I'm sure you won't have any problems.

And make sure you get a brand new pulley bolt from the dealer if one doesn't come with the pulley. Do not try to re-use the old bolt.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #27
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Fluidampr 25% under drive on accessories other than A/C. The output of the alternator is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and it is all determined by load and need.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote