Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
Dznyfn
 
Dznyfn's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 384
RAGGTOPP is what I use, beads water and has UV protection
__________________
Dznyfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
croat
 
croat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th rs convertible
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new york city
Posts: 16
Autogeek.net has 32oz 303 for $19.99 . Enough for two applications !
croat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
I used 303 on my old top and will use it again on the new top.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
not
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Autogeek.net has 32oz 303 for $19.99 . Enough for two applications !
Thanks, it is a good price, even with the $7.95 shipping it is less than $16.29 a bottle I paid for 16oz size.

However, that link above from Amazon I posted has it for less but you have to order 3 bottles.... It's a conundrum I tell you. There is even some other re-sellers with a very low price and the shipping effectively doubles it.

Anyways, however you go, can't go wrong with 303!
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
kevinw

 
Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kansas city
Posts: 1,760
i have used 303 on my interiors and on my boat vynal. it is a good product and i am sure it or Raggtop either works well. i bought raggtop as that is what Haartz told me to use. i think it important to use either one, whether a person uses Colgate or Crest, as long as you brush your teeth, it dont matter which product, just do it.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
Dznyfn
 
Dznyfn's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i have used 303 on my interiors and on my boat vynal. it is a good product and i am sure it or Raggtop either works well. i bought raggtop as that is what Haartz told me to use. i think it important to use either one, whether a person uses Colgate or Crest, as long as you brush your teeth, it dont matter which product, just do it.
__________________
Dznyfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Thanks, it is a good price, even with the $7.95 shipping it is less than $16.29 a bottle I paid for 16oz size.

However, that link above from Amazon I posted has it for less but you have to order 3 bottles.... It's a conundrum I tell you. There is even some other re-sellers with a very low price and the shipping effectively doubles it.

Anyways, however you go, can't go wrong with 303!
I paid $15 for mine at Ace Hardware.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
He11bent
 
He11bent's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS 'vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 536
I used 303 on my old top but two weeks ago I used the BMW convertible fabric protectorant on my new lid and I am very impressed. My boss had a 'vert BMW and he is very OCD about his cars. We discussed what he uses and that I had bought 303.

I think the application is much more robust so it protects better. First you take the entire bottle and dump it in 2.5 liters of water, park the car in the shade, make sure the top is clean and use a sponge to saturate the fabric. I kept doing this until all of the solution was gone. Then park in it the sun and let it dry. That was it.

Never got water to bead like this with spraying 303 on the cloth. Heck, it didnt bead up much when it was new! BTW my new top was 1 year old in August.
__________________
\(^^^)/ <--A Smile From He11

New Era OTR Intake
RX Catch Can
Escort 9500ix w/Firewire
Garmin GPS Hardwire
Peddlers Stage 1 Radius Rod Bush Inserts
Oracle Plasma Halo DRLs
Vitessee Throttle Control & Shift Paddles
He11bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
I used 303 on my old top but two weeks ago I used the BMW convertible fabric protectorant on my new lid and I am very impressed. My boss had a 'vert BMW and he is very OCD about his cars. We discussed what he uses and that I had bought 303.

I think the application is much more robust so it protects better. First you take the entire bottle and dump it in 2.5 liters of water, park the car in the shade, make sure the top is clean and use a sponge to saturate the fabric. I kept doing this until all of the solution was gone. Then park in it the sun and let it dry. That was it.

Never got water to bead like this with spraying 303 on the cloth. Heck, it didnt bead up much when it was new! BTW my new top was 1 year old in August.
I took the 303 and put it in a bucket, I then used a sponge and sponged it on making sure it soaked into the fabric. After it dried it beaded water just like wax on the paint. You cannot just spray it on.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
He11bent
 
He11bent's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS 'vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I took the 303 and put it in a bucket, I then used a sponge and sponged it on making sure it soaked into the fabric. After it dried it beaded water just like wax on the paint. You cannot just spray it on.
Thats what the manufacturer instructions state...
__________________
\(^^^)/ <--A Smile From He11

New Era OTR Intake
RX Catch Can
Escort 9500ix w/Firewire
Garmin GPS Hardwire
Peddlers Stage 1 Radius Rod Bush Inserts
Oracle Plasma Halo DRLs
Vitessee Throttle Control & Shift Paddles
He11bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #25
not
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
I used 303 on my old top but two weeks ago I used the BMW convertible fabric protectorant on my new lid and I am very impressed. My boss had a 'vert BMW and he is very OCD about his cars. We discussed what he uses and that I had bought 303.

I think the application is much more robust so it protects better. First you take the entire bottle and dump it in 2.5 liters of water, park the car in the shade, make sure the top is clean and use a sponge to saturate the fabric. I kept doing this until all of the solution was gone. Then park in it the sun and let it dry. That was it.

Never got water to bead like this with spraying 303 on the cloth. Heck, it didnt bead up much when it was new! BTW my new top was 1 year old in August.
Yeah, the first time I applied the 303 I did it straight spray from the bottle, as the bottle came with a spray applicator........it worked fine but quite a bit of overspray on the body and windows.

So this time, last time, I used a sponge and it is as good as before, minus the overspray, but you do tend to use more with a sponge, at least I did.

Lastly, are you guys on the metric system in GA? How much is 2.5L ?
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
He11bent
 
He11bent's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS 'vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Yeah, the first time I applied the 303 I did it straight spray from the bottle, as the bottle came with a spray applicator........it worked fine but quite a bit of overspray on the body and windows.

So this time, last time, I used a sponge and it is as good as before, minus the overspray, but you do tend to use more with a sponge, at least I did.

Lastly, are you guys on the metric system in GA? How much is 2.5L ?
LOL, no but BMW is. Luckily the bucket I was using had liters marked on it, but it is basically a quart. 1 Quart = .95 liters.
__________________
\(^^^)/ <--A Smile From He11

New Era OTR Intake
RX Catch Can
Escort 9500ix w/Firewire
Garmin GPS Hardwire
Peddlers Stage 1 Radius Rod Bush Inserts
Oracle Plasma Halo DRLs
Vitessee Throttle Control & Shift Paddles
He11bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
TopL3ssSS
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I took the 303 and put it in a bucket, I then used a sponge and sponged it on making sure it soaked into the fabric. After it dried it beaded water just like wax on the paint. You cannot just spray it on.
To add to what Angrybird has said above:

I went a slightly different direction & used a 4" thick nap paint roller to apply the 303, and a 1" sash brush to get the tight spots, after having first cleaned the top using 303 cleaner & a horsehair brush. Went on very well, nothing got on the paint or glass. Spraying the product doesn't cover as well, gets overspray on glass and paint, that's hard to get off. I wasted nearly 1/2 of a 32 oz bottle spraying my first around in the Spring & got disappointing results.
__________________
TopL3ssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.