Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 PBM M6 Pontiac GTO
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
You should of went out there and half throttled it. make him think he is actually keeping up with you for a few seconds then just nail it.
This is something I would have done and have done a few years back... they hate it, really makes their face red especially if they stick around for the "post-race" laugh... but Now days it really isn't worth the potential trouble... Wisdom comes with age... man I miss being a bit younger...
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
72MachOne99GT

 
72MachOne99GT's Avatar
 
Drives: 1972 Mach 1, 1999 GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
No I'm not a retard posting this for no reason. While us Camaro guys were hanging out last night an arrogant little chump pulls up in a v6 mustang and starts telling stories about how he has never lost to a SS before. I laughed and said let me post this on Camaro5 cause I'm more than sure they've bent many of these over their knee for an ass whipping. He challenged me to a street race, I told him it wasn't worth my gas, and of course he said I was scared to lose blah blah blah. We argued for a bit cause he has "American muscle" stickered on his windshield and I told him he at least needed a v8 to wear that. Long story short, he tried to peel off while blaring his Skrillex and we all just kind of laughed and moved on.

His v6 is probably faster than loads of older v8 muscle cars...other than sounding douchey to one another, this story is a success!
__________________
2013 GT500- Grabber Blue/stripe delete, Base, Recaros,
1999 GT- Atlantic Blue, gears, exhaust, tires 13.6@100
1972 Mach 1- Med Lime Green Metallic, 351-4V, auto,
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
No I'm not a retard posting this for no reason. While us Camaro guys were hanging out last night an arrogant little chump pulls up in a v6 mustang and starts telling stories about how he has never lost to a SS before. I laughed and said let me post this on Camaro5 cause I'm more than sure they've bent many of these over their knee for an ass whipping. He challenged me to a street race, I told him it wasn't worth my gas, and of course he said I was scared to lose blah blah blah. We argued for a bit cause he has "American muscle" stickered on his windshield and I told him he at least needed a v8 to wear that. Long story short, he tried to peel off while blaring his Skrillex and we all just kind of laughed and moved on.
while i commend your approach to the situation... i disagree with that statement.. i've had V6's before that would tear up imports and keep up if not take out some V8's.. that to me qualifies as American Muscle as well..
__________________
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
Pluto

 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
while i commend your approach to the situation... i disagree with that statement.. i've had V6's before that would tear up imports and keep up if not take out some V8's.. that to me qualifies as American Muscle as well..
To each his own I say...either way I have owned my car for 13 months and it has yet to see a race. I've got nothing to prove and I can easily do a search to see everyone else's run. I bought my Camaro cause I love the way it looks and I love the power. I didn't buy it to prove anything to anyone especially some scrub with a Mustang his mommy bought him.
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
This is something I would have done and have done a few years back... they hate it, really makes their face red especially if they stick around for the "post-race" laugh... but Now days it really isn't worth the potential trouble... Wisdom comes with age... man I miss being a bit younger...
Its the best! I had a 2006 Mustang GT that had full exhaust, 3:90 gears and a tune auto. Had a kid whos daddy bought him a new V6 Camaro. He came up talking how his car would blow me away there was no way my 300 HP Mustang was going to beat his 325 HP camaro on and on so finaly i told him lets line them up. Well we did and he got smoked. We got back to the lot and he came up throwing a fit talking about how i had to have sprayed at least a 100 shot to beat him like that, and i cheated (ii have never ran N20 on any of my cars). fast forward a year and a half and i have my old 13 Mustang GT im just out for a nice cruse, same kid flags me down wanting to race. says he has a full exhaust tune and a CAI saying he smokes 5.0's all the time. I told him well im stock, but it has the track pack from the factory and i dont mind showing you what its got. He said please you need a blower from the factory to keep up with this chevy power. Anyways we line them up and im feathering the go pedal to stay even with him through 1st and most of second then just nail it and leave him wishing he had a blower. Of corse he went out saying we were even till 100 until he let off and i ricer fly byed him lol. the race didnt even go above 85 lol.

Some people are just punks who think daddys money bought them the fastest car ever. OP you obviousley ran into one of the punks. your car would smoke him no doubt.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Quick

 
Quick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Union City,Tn.
Posts: 859
I got these mods and he has these mods who will win threads are SAD. I remember when people would actually race their cars to see who would win.
__________________
OBX 1 7/8 LT's w/high flow cats. Doug Thorley catback w/x pipe. Cold air intake by CAI w/apex scoop.V-max ported throttle body.DynoSpeed tuned by Forest.369 rwhp/385 rwtq

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
Pluto

 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
I got these mods and he has these mods who will win threads are SAD. I remember when people would actually race their cars to see who would win.
I have plenty of experience with getting in trouble for street racing. Like I said, I was making a point to this dude about his car.
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I have plenty of experience with getting in trouble for street racing. Like I said, I was making a point to this dude about his car.
Could have made the point more effectively if you had both gone to the track...just saying.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #26
Pluto

 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Could have made the point more effectively if you had both gone to the track...just saying.
Track is like 2 hours one way and another 4.5 hours the other way. If I didn't want to waste gas on this punk then why would I drive either to prove something we all already know?
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
Quick

 
Quick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Union City,Tn.
Posts: 859
If you already knew the outcome...why post about it.

Do you really know or are you afraid to find out?
__________________
OBX 1 7/8 LT's w/high flow cats. Doug Thorley catback w/x pipe. Cold air intake by CAI w/apex scoop.V-max ported throttle body.DynoSpeed tuned by Forest.369 rwhp/385 rwtq

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #28
hiddenangels89
 
hiddenangels89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California
Posts: 189
Ignore these people. Its a questions, and there are always those 'don't waste my time' people - who in the same, could have skipped over this thread and are just trolling.

the v6 would have loss.

-May
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
Pluto

 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,036
Really honestly not that big of a deal man I'm not so insecure like that I guess losing races bothers people? Just doesn't affect my life in that sort of way...
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #30
Bizlipkick
 
Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenangels89 View Post
Ignore these people. Its a questions, and there are always those 'don't waste my time' people - who in the same, could have skipped over this thread and are just trolling.

the v6 would have loss.

-May
This. While yea, the thread isnt the most creative, everyone has a choice to post, etc. For people to get on here and post about it being a time waster- then obviously it did its job because they wasted time posting. I am also not sure when we starting putting V* camaro's in talks with V6 mustangs, but I digress. Allot of the straight line stuff you see is because the camaro comes with taller gears. You start lining up 3.91 camaro's with 5.0's, and you start to see the same acceleration figures/1/4 miles, etc.
Bizlipkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #31
Pluto

 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizlipkick View Post
This. While yea, the thread isnt the most creative, everyone has a choice to post, etc. For people to get on here and post about it being a time waster- then obviously it did its job because they wasted time posting. I am also not sure when we starting putting V* camaro's in talks with V6 mustangs, but I digress. Allot of the straight line stuff you see is because the camaro comes with taller gears. You start lining up 3.91 camaro's with 5.0's, and you start to see the same acceleration figures/1/4 miles, etc.
I don't care what people think and I appreciate the optimism...but having a faster car isn't at the top of my list. I consulted this forum for quick replies so I could read them to the loud mouth. Obviously there is a lot of insecurity and the misunderstanding of superiority because someone has a faster car. Nobody was there for the conversation when he was saying things like "ask any forum about my car" or "my car does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds I know this because I timed it myself". I figured I might get laughs if anything (maybe a wave?). I came to the realization that people are people even if they are on the same team.
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x
 
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 536
Y is this even a post? A stock SS ls3 would beat it
__________________
2012 45th Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Driver Mod: Stage 5
Full Bolt-ons + Tune 418RWHP/420RWTQ
H/C + Bolt-ons + Tune 485RWHP/435RWTQ
Full BMR Stage 2&3 Suspension
3.91 1LE Gear Diff Swap
MGW Short Throw Shifter
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.