Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
You are 100% correct. There is horrible customer service just about everywhere today. I would GLADLY pay a little bit more for being treated with respect, and knowing the vendor appreciates me. It's tough to find these days.
Sadly.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
apexslider

Drives: 2014 AGM 1SS/1LE
This is a good thread, many people don't know about the law of denied warranty claims. However, at the end of the day its still a crap shoot. I just picked up a 2014 SS and am a little apprehensive to put on a cat-back system due to this fact. It would be great if we had a list of mod friendly dealerships.
apexslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #31
ntrimm

Drives: 2013 ZL1. Black on Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexslider View Post
This is a good thread, many people don't know about the law of denied warranty claims. However, at the end of the day its still a crap shoot. I just picked up a 2014 SS and am a little apprehensive to put on a cat-back system due to this fact. It would be great if we had a list of mod friendly dealerships.
Talk to your dealer (service manager) first and be upfront and honest with them about what your mod plans are. Some of them are ok with mods. Good luck
ntrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Yea my dealership is the best one I bought a car from they installed my CAI when my car came in and said when you get your headers call us. After that the wife wanted a Camaro took her up and got her a 2013 RS they gave her a 750.00 CR for stripes and a few other things also helps when the GM races at Sebring track lol.
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #33
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexslider View Post
Cat backs are a freebie. If someone tries to give you any grief about that I would laugh and let them know I was headed down the road to their competition.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #34
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Very informational!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
Very informational!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
RED2011_SS

Drives: 2011 SS
Send a message via Yahoo to RED2011_SS
I'm new to this site but I LOVE the fact that GM has it's customer care reps on here to see what our concerns are. I worked in Ford service for years and know first hand how much that means to the customer. Thanks GM
RED2011_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
when I had a CEL and Engine power loss ( faulty wire in the steering column issue ) They didnt refuse warranty but they literrally blamed it on my HID and my car. LOL got me all frustrated that my car shuts down on me and they told me its my HIDS XD

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2011_SS View Post
I'm new to this site but I LOVE the fact that GM has it's customer care reps on here to see what our concerns are. I worked in Ford service for years and know first hand how much that means to the customer. Thanks GM
Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #39
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Chase, where can we get one of those "I void warranties" T-shirts that you were wearing in the pics at SEMA?

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too

Last edited by azw131; 11-15-2013 at 01:27 PM.
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #40
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
Chase, where can we get one of those "I void warranties" T-shirts that you were wearing in the pics at SEMA?
Gearhead Gear
Old 11-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #41
Apex Motorsports

Here is a link to a consumer information article posted by the US Federal Trade Commission on their website. Below is the relevant text from that article.

Quote:
Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?

No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

Tips To Avoid Warranty Issues

Here's how to get the most out of your vehicle's warranty:

Read your warranty - Often bundled with your owner's manual, the warranty gives a general description and specific details about your coverage. If you have misplaced your owner's manual, look for it online.

Check the "Owners" section of your manufacturer's website. -
Be aware of your warranty period. If problems arise that are covered under the warranty, get them checked out before the warranty expires.

Service your car at regular intervals - This is a good idea in any case. But for the sake of keeping your warranty intact, follow the manufacturer's recommended service schedule. Details are in your owner's manual.

Keep all service records and receipts, regardless of who performs the service - This includes oil changes, tire rotations, belt replacement, new brake pads, and inspections. Create a file to keep track of repairs; it will come in handy if you have to use your warranty. If you ever have a warranty claim and it appears that you did not maintain your vehicle, your claim could be denied.

Complain - If you think a dealer's service advisor denied your warranty claim unfairly, ask to speak with a supervisor. If you still aren't satisfied, contact the manufacturer or go to another dealer. You also may wish to file a complaint with your state Attorney General, local consumer protection office, or the FTC.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #42
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Great write-up! Finding a great dealer is the secret for sure!
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, warranty