Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #324
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
both stock doesn't the gt500 have a S/C that kinda takes away from stock lol but i guess stock from dealer
Stock means as it comes from the factory. Just because a car has a FACTORY supercharger does not mean it isn't stock, it just means it is more blessed from the factory.......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #325
1sikss
 
Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: houston
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Probably feeling the weight and size, that can hid how quick a car is really going. Don't kid yourself, they ARE mid 12 second cars STOCK.
i know there heavy but from factory 12s should feel better and run better... they are but i thought it would feel fast it really dies out after 1st gear and then the one my cousin raced was slow too.. i like them but i thought they feel a little faster imo not worth 50k they should feel way faster for 50k
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #326
1sikss
 
Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: houston
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
They both have run high 12s stock, yes, but the LS2 GTO is definitely not an every day high 12 second car. Fastest recorded stock time I know of is a 12.6@109 for the GTO and a 12.2@113 for the GT500. Both bone stock, down to the tire.
the 2007 gt500 run low 12s man they seemed super slow I've seen a couple on the street run and they don't look like 12 second cars…. guess they are i thought they were the worst gt500 made compared to the 2013 lol
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #327
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
the 2007 gt500 run low 12s man they seemed super slow I've seen a couple on the street run and they don't look like 12 second cars…. guess they are i thought they were the worst gt500 made compared to the 2013 lol

.4 tenths is nothing, throw a tune and slicks on the gto for 500 bucks and it's right with the gt500


I went from a 13.2 to a 12.7 with literally nothing changed to my Camaro besides a cutout, it was just a cooler day.... like I said
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #328
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
the 2007 gt500 run low 12s man they seemed super slow I've seen a couple on the street run and they don't look like 12 second cars…. guess they are i thought they were the worst gt500 made compared to the 2013 lol
They've run as fast as 12.20s bone stock, down to the tire. It's a hard car to get off the line right. And you're right, it is the "worst" GT500, especially compared to the 13+. Didn't the 13 run a best of 11.20 or 11.30 stock? Haven't really researched it much since I can't buy one anyways but I thought I read that somewhere.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #329
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,525
Is it me or did this thread take a turn for the worst...

How does this....

13' 1LE VS 10' challenger R/T hemi 5.7

Translate into a 4th gen Camaro, then a butt ugly 5.0, then back to a GT500...

For those that may not know this... It is possible to start a new thread...
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #330
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Is it me or did this thread take a turn for the worst...

How does this....

13' 1LE VS 10' challenger R/T hemi 5.7

Translate into a 4th gen Camaro, then a butt ugly 5.0, then back to a GT500...

For those that may not know this... It is possible to start a new thread...
That's the circle of life on Camaro5, what are you, new? lol
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #331
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee
 
SRT8Tech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville FL.
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Is it me or did this thread take a turn for the worst...

How does this....

13' 1LE VS 10' challenger R/T hemi 5.7

Translate into a 4th gen Camaro, then a butt ugly 5.0, then back to a GT500...

For those that may not know this... It is possible to start a new thread...
Shheeeshhhh...its what always happens when starting a Camaro vs Challenger thread.
__________________
2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger..........SOLD
2010 Mopar 10 Challenger.................SOLD
2010 R/T Classic Challenger...............SOLD
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD


Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #332
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
That's the circle of life on Camaro5, what are you, new? lol
No... (haha)

I just thought wow this thread has so many responses... Wait only to page 3 is it relevant..

Safe to say a Ford Mustang be it GT or GT500 is not a decent track car. It is though a decent 1/4 mile car. My opinion based on all the one sided information I choose to read.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #333
MEDISIN

 
MEDISIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Probably feeling the weight and size, that can hid how quick a car is really going. Don't kid yourself, they ARE HIGH 12 second cars STOCK.
There, fixed it for you Stew.

C&D: 0-60 in 4.2, 12.6 1/4mile at 115mph, 4305lbs
MotorTrend: 0-60 in 4.4, 12.8 1/4mile at 112mph, 4271lbs
Edmunds: 0-60 in 4.6, 12.8 1/4mile at 110mph, 4371lbs
MotorWeek: 0-60 in 4.9, 12.9 1/4mile at 110mph

This gives us an average of 0-60 in 4.5, 12.8 1/4mile at 112mph for the 392 Charger.
__________________
2012 - Present: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, A6, Airaid and Tune by R.P.M. = 515 hp/487 lb-ft.
2009 - 2012: 2010 2SS RS IBM M6, MGW Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms/Tunnel Brace, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Kooks 6511-Complete (Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers), dyno tuned by R.P.M. = 415 hp/412 lb-ft.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #334
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee
 
SRT8Tech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville FL.
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
There, fixed it for you Stew.

C&D: 0-60 in 4.2, 12.6 1/4mile at 115mph, 4305lbs
MotorTrend: 0-60 in 4.4, 12.8 1/4mile at 112mph, 4271lbs
Edmunds: 0-60 in 4.6, 12.8 1/4mile at 110mph, 4371lbs
MotorWeek: 0-60 in 4.9, 12.9 1/4mile at 110mph

This gives us an average of 0-60 in 4.5, 12.8 1/4mile at 112mph for the 392 Charger.

OOooooooo, mag times again???
Don't worry about the real world numbers. Go for the mag times, those are the most accurate right....LOL. Dont worry about these time slips right here. They cant be accurate right??? A mag didn't do them......
Attached Images
 
__________________
2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger..........SOLD
2010 Mopar 10 Challenger.................SOLD
2010 R/T Classic Challenger...............SOLD
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD


Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #335
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Lol reminds me of a local guy who went to Tulsa and ran a claimed 12.0 @ 118 mph in his intake/tune only 2013 5.0 on slicks and skinnies.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #336
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee
 
SRT8Tech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville FL.
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Lol reminds me of a local guy who went to Tulsa and ran a claimed 12.0 @ 118 mph in his intake/tune only 2013 5.0 on slicks and skinnies.

That's about what they run with intake, tune, bigs and littles......Ive seen em in the 11's with those mods.

My friends 2011 5.0 ran an 11.9 @ 120 with intake, tune, mid pipe and 18" drag radials. It was a factory 3.73 gear car.......

My other friends automatic 2012 5.0 ran a 12.0 @ 119 with just tune, intake, GT500 mufflers and slicks.

Pretty common...........
__________________
2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger..........SOLD
2010 Mopar 10 Challenger.................SOLD
2010 R/T Classic Challenger...............SOLD
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD


Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #337
MEDISIN

 
MEDISIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Tech View Post
OOooooooo, mag times again???
Don't worry about the real world numbers. Go for the mag times, those are the most accurate right....LOL. Dont worry about these time slips right here. They cant be accurate right??? A mag didn't do them......
Here we go with your allegedly stock 392 slips again. Let's look at the complete list of 392 "hero runs" in addition to yours.


SRT8Tech 12.253@113.86 1.907 60' 392 A5 stock
Capo 12.395@12.395 1.906 60' 392 A5 Stock
newmoon 12.464@112.00 1.929 60' 392 A5 stock (Error on MPH on time slip)
KyHemiRT 12.517@110.84 1.849 60' 392 A5 stock
SparkChicken 12.566@111.76 1.913 60' 392 A5 stock
Kakdiesel1 12.593@113.71 2.070 60' 392 A5 stock
Flying Dutchman 12.630@111.92 2.033 60' A5 stock
bskylerj 12.650@110.44 1.904 60' 392 A5 stock
555ss 12.685@109.16 1.878 60' 392 M6 Stock
DonP 12.696@110.06 1.912 60' 392 A5 stock
Red Barron 12.744@109.92 2.021 60' M6 Stock
hemi420 12.769@113.35 1.933 60' 392 M6 stock
MrBohica 12.789@115.09 2.1011 60' 392 stock
CrankCase 12.805@109.05 2.007 60' M6 stock
rayzazoo 12.847@109.89 1.976 60' 392 A5 stock
GodsRodsHEMI 12.911@110.33 2.059 60' 392 A5 stock
Hoopester 12.974@112.09 2.059 60' 392 M6 stock
Madcoder 13.013@107.22 2.174 60' 392 A5 stock
Whisky Tango Foxtrot! 13.093@109.31 2.121 60' 392 M6 Stock
Mayra 13.220@107.30 2.161 60' 392 A5 stock
Litos 13.268@106.58 2.119 60' 392 A5 stock
rmeaux 13.320@108.56 2.228 60' 392 M6 stock
SRT8PWR 13.393@108.47 2.272 60' 392 M6 Stock
kwoolums67 13.709@102.79 2.079 60' 392 Stock
AZZKIKR 13.730@102.62 2.146 60' M6 382 Stock
B5Classic 14.350@102.00 2.454 60' 392 M6 Stock

So from this list of fastest times by owner, the 392 is indeed a high 12's car.

Average fast time 392 owners: 12.98 @ 109.4mph
Average fast time 392 magazines: 12.95 @ 112.0mph

If anything the magazine times OVERACHIEVE vs actual owners.
__________________
2012 - Present: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, A6, Airaid and Tune by R.P.M. = 515 hp/487 lb-ft.
2009 - 2012: 2010 2SS RS IBM M6, MGW Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms/Tunnel Brace, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Kooks 6511-Complete (Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers), dyno tuned by R.P.M. = 415 hp/412 lb-ft.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #338
07-SRT
 
07-SRT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT -2007 Charger SRT8
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Here we go with your allegedly stock 392 slips again. Let's look at the complete list of 392 "hero runs" in addition to yours.


SRT8Tech 12.253@113.86 1.907 60' 392 A5 stock
Capo 12.395@12.395 1.906 60' 392 A5 Stock
newmoon 12.464@112.00 1.929 60' 392 A5 stock (Error on MPH on time slip)
KyHemiRT 12.517@110.84 1.849 60' 392 A5 stock
SparkChicken 12.566@111.76 1.913 60' 392 A5 stock
Kakdiesel1 12.593@113.71 2.070 60' 392 A5 stock
Flying Dutchman 12.630@111.92 2.033 60' A5 stock
bskylerj 12.650@110.44 1.904 60' 392 A5 stock
555ss 12.685@109.16 1.878 60' 392 M6 Stock
DonP 12.696@110.06 1.912 60' 392 A5 stock
Red Barron 12.744@109.92 2.021 60' M6 Stock
hemi420 12.769@113.35 1.933 60' 392 M6 stock
MrBohica 12.789@115.09 2.1011 60' 392 stock
CrankCase 12.805@109.05 2.007 60' M6 stock
rayzazoo 12.847@109.89 1.976 60' 392 A5 stock
GodsRodsHEMI 12.911@110.33 2.059 60' 392 A5 stock
Hoopester 12.974@112.09 2.059 60' 392 M6 stock
Madcoder 13.013@107.22 2.174 60' 392 A5 stock
Whisky Tango Foxtrot! 13.093@109.31 2.121 60' 392 M6 Stock
Mayra 13.220@107.30 2.161 60' 392 A5 stock
Litos 13.268@106.58 2.119 60' 392 A5 stock
rmeaux 13.320@108.56 2.228 60' 392 M6 stock
SRT8PWR 13.393@108.47 2.272 60' 392 M6 Stock
kwoolums67 13.709@102.79 2.079 60' 392 Stock
AZZKIKR 13.730@102.62 2.146 60' M6 382 Stock
B5Classic 14.350@102.00 2.454 60' 392 M6 Stock

So from this list of fastest times by owner, the 392 is indeed a high 12's car.

Average fast time 392 owners: 12.98 @ 109.4mph
Average fast time 392 magazines: 12.95 @ 112.0mph

If anything the magazine times OVERACHIEVE vs actual owners.
hmmm.... I actually ran SRT8Tech 4-5 times.... Your right his car is not stock-( IT HAS A CATCH CAN)
So what about all the high 13 second Camaros we see at the track....= BAD DRIVERS right? This is the 2nd 392 he has owned and continues to run mid to low 12's.... Get over it already
__________________

2015 Camaro 2SS

2014 Mustang GT-SOLD
2007 Charger SRT8-SOLD
2014 Camaro SS- SOLD
2013 Mustang 5.0 M6- SOLD
2007 Super Bee-SOLD
07-SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #339
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Lol reminds me of a local guy who went to Tulsa and ran a claimed 12.0 @ 118 mph in his intake/tune only 2013 5.0 on slicks and skinnies.

That's about where he should be...
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #340
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee
 
SRT8Tech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville FL.
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Here we go with your allegedly stock 392 slips again. Let's look at the complete list of 392 "hero runs" in addition to yours.


SRT8Tech 12.253@113.86 1.907 60' 392 A5 stock
Capo 12.395@12.395 1.906 60' 392 A5 Stock
newmoon 12.464@112.00 1.929 60' 392 A5 stock (Error on MPH on time slip)
KyHemiRT 12.517@110.84 1.849 60' 392 A5 stock
SparkChicken 12.566@111.76 1.913 60' 392 A5 stock
Kakdiesel1 12.593@113.71 2.070 60' 392 A5 stock
Flying Dutchman 12.630@111.92 2.033 60' A5 stock
bskylerj 12.650@110.44 1.904 60' 392 A5 stock
555ss 12.685@109.16 1.878 60' 392 M6 Stock
DonP 12.696@110.06 1.912 60' 392 A5 stock
Red Barron 12.744@109.92 2.021 60' M6 Stock
hemi420 12.769@113.35 1.933 60' 392 M6 stock
MrBohica 12.789@115.09 2.1011 60' 392 stock
CrankCase 12.805@109.05 2.007 60' M6 stock
rayzazoo 12.847@109.89 1.976 60' 392 A5 stock
GodsRodsHEMI 12.911@110.33 2.059 60' 392 A5 stock
Hoopester 12.974@112.09 2.059 60' 392 M6 stock
Madcoder 13.013@107.22 2.174 60' 392 A5 stock
Whisky Tango Foxtrot! 13.093@109.31 2.121 60' 392 M6 Stock
Mayra 13.220@107.30 2.161 60' 392 A5 stock
Litos 13.268@106.58 2.119 60' 392 A5 stock
rmeaux 13.320@108.56 2.228 60' 392 M6 stock
SRT8PWR 13.393@108.47 2.272 60' 392 M6 Stock
kwoolums67 13.709@102.79 2.079 60' 392 Stock
AZZKIKR 13.730@102.62 2.146 60' M6 382 Stock
B5Classic 14.350@102.00 2.454 60' 392 M6 Stock

So from this list of fastest times by owner, the 392 is indeed a high 12's car.

Average fast time 392 owners: 12.98 @ 109.4mph
Average fast time 392 magazines: 12.95 @ 112.0mph

If anything the magazine times OVERACHIEVE vs actual owners.

You make me LOL a lot......LOL.

So the bad drivers blow the bell curve.
So the car is capable of low-mid 12's stock but since there are bad drivers out there those don't count right?? LOL LOL LOL
Move along sonny......
__________________
2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger..........SOLD
2010 Mopar 10 Challenger.................SOLD
2010 R/T Classic Challenger...............SOLD
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD


Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74

Last edited by SRT8Tech; 11-30-2013 at 12:32 PM.
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.