Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Interior Parts & Accessories

Interior Parts & Accessories All interior parts and accessories.

View Poll Results: Interested in Group Purchasing Recaro Seats for (hopefully) a discount?
Yes, I'd be interested in buying one (1) for the driver side. 31 11.27%
Yes, I'd be interested in buying two (2) for the driver and passenger sides. 214 77.82%
No 30 10.91%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #151
superdrummer38
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 186
Id be in if the price was doable and there is an option to match with inferno interior!!
superdrummer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #152
April Powers
Braaaaaaap
 
April Powers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 1le-2004 Wr450 supermoto
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Guys,

As an alternative to the Recaros, I'm looking at a set of light weight manually adjustable seats with holes for a 6 point harness. This may be a better option for the serious track rats looking for more support and safety, as well as shedding a few pounds. I'll post up once I finalize the choice.
I was thinking of the doing the same thing. Interested in what you come up with! I sat in the CTSV recaro's a couple of months ago @ COTA a couple months ago and they were AMAZING! I am still going to check this thread occasionally, but I have a feeling if there is a group buy they will be too expensive, with little to no weight savings.
I've been eying these...https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...rtster-cs.html.
My goal is too keep it as stock looking as possible(leather included) while shedding weight, and gaining more lateral support for my skinny @ss
April Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #153
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,484
You all need to come to grips with the fact that this isn't going to happen. If you want recaros trade your car in on a 14, or wait til people start wrecking/salvaging them.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #154
Caswell239

 
Caswell239's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
You all need to come to grips with the fact that this isn't going to happen. If you want recaros trade your car in on a 14, or wait til people start wrecking/salvaging them.
And why isn't it going to happen?
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #155
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,484
Because they are not offering the seats as a complete bolt-in assembly, only pieces and parts, very expensive ones at that. That's why.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #156
Caswell239

 
Caswell239's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Because they are not offering the seats as a complete bolt-in assembly, only pieces and parts, very expensive ones at that. That's why.
And who officially made that statement?
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #157
Dyk-NO

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
Posts: 910
Just get an actual aftermarket recaro seats there's cheap ones out there that came from audi s series that have carbon/Kevlar back too.
__________________
"From ZERO to a Tire-Burning HERO!"


Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #158
Orange Crush 1LE
 
Orange Crush 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
You all need to come to grips with the fact that this isn't going to happen. If you want recaros trade your car in on a 14, or wait til people start wrecking/salvaging them.
Come to grips? Patience grasshopper, they have to offer them as replacements in case someone needs replacement parts in case of a warranty claim or accident. The question is whether the price be within the budget of the customer.
__________________
Pedders Supercar Coilovers, 32mm rear sway bar,bushings; APR wing and splitter
Cam, Longtubes, CAI. 496 RWHP, 473 RW Ft-Lb
Willow Springs Raceway, 1:33.78: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343624
Buttonwillow Raceway, 1:57.47: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354128
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #159
Orange Crush 1LE
 
Orange Crush 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Powers View Post
I was thinking of the doing the same thing. Interested in what you come up with! I sat in the CTSV recaro's a couple of months ago @ COTA a couple months ago and they were AMAZING! I am still going to check this thread occasionally, but I have a feeling if there is a group buy they will be too expensive, with little to no weight savings.
I've been eying these...https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...rtster-cs.html.
My goal is too keep it as stock looking as possible(leather included) while shedding weight, and gaining more lateral support for my skinny @ss
I've been going back and forth, haven't settled on anything yet. Ideally, I'd get a seat that can accept a 6-point harness for the track, but recline and allow rear seat access. So far, I haven't found anything that fits that bill. There are a number of seats that accept a 4-point harness (including the factory Recaros), perhaps that's what I will settle on.

The other issue is that these seats have airbags. I pull the airbag fuse when I track, but it would be nice to have them functional the rest of the time.

I think I'm coming full circle back to the factory Recaros, because they have airbags and will be a perfect fit. If I put a roll bar in, I can use a 4-point harness for the track. Not as good as a 6-point, but better than the factory 3-point.
__________________
Pedders Supercar Coilovers, 32mm rear sway bar,bushings; APR wing and splitter
Cam, Longtubes, CAI. 496 RWHP, 473 RW Ft-Lb
Willow Springs Raceway, 1:33.78: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343624
Buttonwillow Raceway, 1:57.47: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354128
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #160
olblue75

 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS LS-3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Qandahar, Afghanistan.
Posts: 963
I did a build for a new Camaro and the Recaro seats are only a 2K option so its not out of the realm of possibility
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #161
ibwilson3
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 2
I am actually considering a new ZL instead of a very low mileage used one because of these seats.
Attached Images
 
ibwilson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #162
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,497
I'm sub'd, I'd definitely like 2 but for sure will get at least 1.
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #163
Z28COP
 
Z28COP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liberty Twp. OH
Posts: 218
Chalk me up for 2! yes yes yes!
__________________
2011 Synergy Green 2SS CAGS, GMPP Exhaust, ZL1 Wheels/Tires, 3.91 gears, 1LE track pack suspension, ZL1 Shifter, 1LE catch can.
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #164
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Come to grips? Patience grasshopper, they have to offer them as replacements in case someone needs replacement parts in case of a warranty claim or accident. The question is whether the price be within the budget of the customer.
They don't have to offer them as replacement as complete units for warranty claim or accident, they only need to offer the individual parts, which they already do. You can buy one piece at a time, but it's super expensive, so that answers your price question. Until these show up in salvage yards from wrecked cars you aren't getting them as complete units... Unless you buy a 2014 SS or ZL1 of course.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #165
SSRedTerror
 
Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shelby, NC
Posts: 69
How similar are these to the previous model seats? The bases look pretty similar. I wonder if the backs are swappable.
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #166
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRedTerror View Post
How similar are these to the previous model seats? The bases look pretty similar. I wonder if the backs are swappable.
Similar ish?

For the seat base, the only real difference is the side bolsters and the suede insert.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #167
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?
 
G-Oil Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 6,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
They don't have to offer them as replacement as complete units for warranty claim or accident, they only need to offer the individual parts, which they already do. You can buy one piece at a time, but it's super expensive, so that answers your price question. Until these show up in salvage yards from wrecked cars you aren't getting them as complete units... Unless you buy a 2014 SS or ZL1 of course.
So Al O. and fbodfather both saying that the Z28 parts would be available for sale (of which people specifically asked about the seats) and they said "Yes" doesn't mean anything to you?
__________________
FOR SALE: 2013 ZL1 Message me if interested
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #168
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
UF4LIFE102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL.
Posts: 3,449
When????????????????????????
__________________
UF4LIFE102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #169
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
So Al O. and fbodfather both saying that the Z28 parts would be available for sale (of which people specifically asked about the seats) and they said "Yes" doesn't mean anything to you?
Sure, parts... each individual seat part IS available. Still don't believe anyone said they're gonna sell you complete seats sold as a pair, and at a group buy price no less... They've been making the current seats since 2009 and you STILL can't buy them as complete bolt in units, only individual pieces, at super inflated prices that quickly exceed the price of complete take-outs from a salvaged car. Same will be true of the Recaro seats.

Dreams are free though.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #170
itsadryheat79
 
itsadryheat79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 10SSRS (2)79Z28 72RS 69Z
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 286
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
So Al O. and fbodfather both saying that the Z28 parts would be available for sale (of which people specifically asked about the seats) and they said "Yes" doesn't mean anything to you?
I am very optimistic and they will be available.

- I met Scott while he was visiting GoodGuys in AZ and he was questioned about this. Not saying what he said other than he was optimistic. After seeing all the 1LE and ZL1 parts GM is promoting to release to the masses over the counter at SEMA I'd be optimistic too.

And wow I learned so much about GM paint color choices truly a memorable experience personally.
__________________
- Buttons and Skulls -
miss my annimated signature.
itsadryheat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #171
lbheat
SoCal HT5(COTW 3/10/14)
 
lbheat's Avatar
 
Drives: In circles until I run out of gas.
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Puente, cali
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibwilson3 View Post
I am actually considering a new ZL instead of a very low mileage used one because of these seats.
how much are these? and would they fit an 1SS/RS?
__________________

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #172
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
how much are these? and would they fit an 1SS/RS?
The Recaros? They are a $2,000 option when you buy the car. Yes they can be bolted into older models - but getting the seats is the hard part.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #173
DZ28
 
DZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS Camaro RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Milford, MI
Posts: 679
Really would love to think this is viable but suspect a) it's never gonna happen and b) the price would freak pretty much all of us out. I think the Corbeau might be a good choice...

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...it_the_market/
__________________
IBM 2SSRS Camaro M6 w/beige leather, and sunroof... ZL1 Polished wheels w/Goodyear F1 tires, Corsa, LSR CAI, Pfadt sways, Eibach coilovers, Kooks 1-7/8's headers & hiflow cats, VMS 2.5 Cam kit, VMAX throttle body, JL Audio 12W6 subwoofer, JL Audio XD400/4 & XD600/1 amps, JL Audio door speakers, MGW shifter, heritage grill, Sparks emblems, TechAFX heater bypass, FAST LSXr, 2011 Strut brace and BMR sub-frame connectors/Tunnel brace, DSS 1000 axles...
DZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #174
April Powers
Braaaaaaap
 
April Powers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 1le-2004 Wr450 supermoto
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 26
I just got a probably 25 page plus Camaro Catalog in the mail. In it i could order anything from a douchey camaro leather jacket, to usless carbon fiber "wrapped" trim pieces, to camaro branded pajamas for my girlfriend. Is that what chevy thinks its customers want? maybe it is, and I'm in the minority. I would rather see some sort of chevy parts bin catalog, with useful things i would actually buy, ie recaro seats, carbon ceramic brakes ect. I understand that oem stuff isn't cheap, but Chevrolet could at least take a bite into the pie that is the aftermarket for these cars. Rant over
April Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #175
LiquidDragon
 
Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Powers View Post
I just got a probably 25 page plus Camaro Catalog in the mail. In it i could order anything from a douchey camaro leather jacket, to usless carbon fiber "wrapped" trim pieces, to camaro branded pajamas for my girlfriend. Is that what chevy thinks its customers want? maybe it is, and I'm in the minority. I would rather see some sort of chevy parts bin catalog, with useful things i would actually buy, ie recaro seats, carbon ceramic brakes ect. I understand that oem stuff isn't cheap, but Chevrolet could at least take a bite into the pie that is the aftermarket for these cars. Rant over

LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.