Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #7589
Redemption
Just Because!
 
Redemption's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 6,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
We should get together, your only about an hour from me, I'm in Turlock just over the hill.
for sure.
__________________
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #7590
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
The black box on the front right is the coolant for the intake, its a liquid to air system, the coolant flows from the black tank into the intake through the stainless hard lines you see on the intake near the throttle body, their are also lines at the rear of the intake, it flows through an inter cooler inside the intake (think about a Whipple or Maggie blowers intercooler) it then flows out the opposite side of the intake, it then flows through a huge heat exchanger in the grill (think radiator) to cool the fluid before it circles back through the system. Like Robert said, we also have an ice tank inside the spare tire well with another heat exchanger inside of it, with the flick of a hidden switch in the console it sends ice cold water through the entire system dropping intake temps down about 200 degrees, the cold water easily lasts through staging & a 1 mile run. The black box on the left is where we moved the fuse box, did it to balance out of the engine bay & clean up all the clutter. Why? Because Racecar/Showcar!


WOW
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #7591
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
The black box on the front right is the coolant for the intake, its a liquid to air system, the coolant flows from the black tank into the intake through the stainless hard lines you see on the intake near the throttle body, their are also lines at the rear of the intake, it flows through an inter cooler inside the intake (think about a Whipple or Maggie blowers intercooler) it then flows out the opposite side of the intake, it then flows through a huge heat exchanger in the grill (think radiator) to cool the fluid before it circles back through the system. Like Robert said, we also have an ice tank inside the spare tire well with another heat exchanger inside of it, with the flick of a hidden switch in the console it sends ice cold water through the entire system dropping intake temps down about 200 degrees, the cold water easily lasts through staging & a 1 mile run. The black box on the left is where we moved the fuse box, did it to balance out of the engine bay & clean up all the clutter. Why? Because Racecar/Showcar!
Wow, there's a lot going on there

I was only posing the question because I was not aware you were using a separate heat exchanger to reduce the coolant temperature.

That being said, wouldn't you would want to have the heat exchanger located in the line prior to running the liquid coolant through that sweet looking intake?

Regardless, that is one really awesome setup
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #7592
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Wow, there's a lot going on there

I was only posing the question because I was not aware you were using a separate heat exchanger to reduce the coolant temperature.

That being said, wouldn't you would want to have the heat exchanger located in the line prior to running the liquid coolant through that sweet looking intake?

Regardless, that is one really awesome setup
It starts to flow through the entire system when the car is started, think of a cars coolant system without a thermostat, its all inline, so it does go through the exchanger before the intake. I hope I'm explaining this all well.

Street loop=coolant tank, coolant flows into intake, through heat echanger inside intake, out other side of intake, back to heat exchanger in grill, back to coolant tank & repeat the cycle.

Race loop=coolant tank, coolant flows through heat exchanger inside of ice box, coolant flows into intake, through heat exchanger inside intake, out other side of intake, back to heat exchanger in grill, back to coolant tank & repeat the cycle.

Switches in the console=the switches on the right are to select my street tune which is 91 octane, or my race gas tune which is C16, pretty damn cool, just flip a switch & fill it up with my fuel of choice. The switch on the right is to activate the pump for the ice tank, I drive around with it off, if I'm gonna make some runs I just add ice & flip the switch to drop intake temps to freezing levels

Cord & the button=figured I'd include a pic of my line lock, I just plug in the quarter inch plug, step on brakes & push the button, release my foot from the brakes while holding the button, my front brakes stay locked while my back brakes release, I can then do a huge tire heating burn out without frying my rear brakes, when tires are heated I just release the button & the front brakes release back to normal.

The ice lasts for 1 mile runs before its starts to go back to normal which is still a lot better than an air to air system that we had data on.

Iat2 at the start after staging & heating tires 90 degrees
Iat1 at the start after staging & heating tires 160 degrees

End of run
Iat2 140-150
Iat1 310-320
At 19 psi
Attached Images
   
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #7593
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 822
Once again I'm sorry Robert for putting all this on your page, maybe I should start my own.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #7594
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,658
I'll bet if you start one for yourself, he (or any other mod, for that matter) can probably help relocate some posts into your thread

This is all very interesting to me. I just hope I'm not sounding like I'm second-guessing all that artwork.
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #7595
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I'll bet if you start one for yourself, he (or any other mod, for that matter) can probably help relocate some posts into your thread

This is all very interesting to me. I just hope I'm not sounding like I'm second-guessing all that artwork.
Not at all, I love telling people about it & sharing pictures. I can talk about cars for hours
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #7596
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Not at all, I love telling people about it & sharing pictures. I can talk about cars for hours
Bro, you are more than welcome to hang out here... I love reading this stuff as well... Whenever you decide, I can relocate the posts to your thread... Or copy them over so this one continues to flow...

I can talk cars for hours as well, often I'm sure people get tired of hearing it... Sorry, it's what I like...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #7597
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro, you are more than welcome to hang out here... I love reading this stuff as well... Whenever you decide, I can relocate the posts to your thread... Or copy them over so this one continues to flow...

I can talk cars for hours as well, often I'm sure people get tired of hearing it... Sorry, it's what I like...
Cool! Its easier to just take up residency here then, I'll be that friend that just moves in on your couch, years later you'll wonder if I'm ever gonna leave.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #7598
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Cool! Its easier to just take up residency here then, I'll be that friend that just moves in on your couch, years later you'll wonder if I'm ever gonna leave.
Lmao... Only build thread reasonably able to claim 3000 rwhp....with only two cars...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #7599
mylftft

 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 822
Very true, lets issue a challenge! You & I will take on any other 2 cars on the forum in combined top speed.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #7600
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Very true, lets issue a challenge! You & I will take on any other 2 cars on the forum in combined top speed.
I'm game....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #7601
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Very true, lets issue a challenge! You & I will take on any other 2 cars on the forum in combined top speed.
First rule, all cars must drive in reverse in this challenge.
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #7602
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
First rule, all cars must drive in reverse in this challenge.
Go for it... But I'll be driving in 1st through 5th... and going forward....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.