Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #120
big dave

Drives: '13 BRM ZL1
From what I've read, road courses are brutal on your tires and brakes...not to mention the cost of racing. I'm sure it's much more fun and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to try it one day, but for now, I'll keep it going in a straight line . I'm a big fan of rally racing, would luv to give that a try 1 day too...of course not in my car though.

http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock

http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab

'94 Z28 A4. 13.64 @ 100.1 stock. 11.71 @ 117 h/c (sold)

'99 SS M6. 13.28 @ 105 stock. 12.02 @ 116.5 bolt-ons on street tires. Full weight. New combo 10.94 @ 126.9 n/a full weight on et streets. .http://youtu.be/BCJNFJrp2lg
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #121
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
For whatever reason, I have to shift mine manually around 5300 rpms otherwise it will hit the rev limiter. The shifts aren't as firm as I would like, maybe it's something programming would take care of. I thought we could take these to 6k.
I am sure we can take care of that with programming.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #122
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
From what I've read, road courses are brutal on your tires and brakes...not to mention the cost of racing. I'm sure it's much more fun and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to try it one day, but for now, I'll keep it going in a straight line . I'm a big fan of rally racing, would luv to give that a try 1 day too...of course not in my car though.
Ahhh, if you don't burn up some tires, and a tank of fuel, you're not going fast enough!

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #123
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Its funny to read some of those guys worried about their warranty yet they are willing to either drag race it,and even worse of all take it to a road course..both of which are not covered by insurance or MAY not be covered under warranty,that's in the ZL1 owners guide..I am not knocking taking it to the track or doing anything that effects the warranty ,that's easy to tell by looking up my mods.GM wont cover it on the SS models from what I understand at all...I would be more worried about crashing it on a road course,and having no coverage above all other things if I couldn't either afford to fix myself or replace it if i wanted to... As far as if i am happy with the power I would say yes,but I might have one of the only 750hp ZL1 that stays under 45 95% of the time,as I personally have only gone over 120mph once
I just like having something everyone looks at ,listens to,and then goes WOW !
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #124
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Its funny to read some of those guys worried about their warranty yet they are willing to either drag race it,and even worse of all take it to a road course..both of which are not covered by insurance or MAY not be covered under warranty,that's in the ZL1 owners guide..I am not knocking taking it to the track or doing anything that effects the warranty ,that's easy to tell by looking up my mods.GM wont cover it on the SS models from what I understand at all...I would be more worried about crashing it on a road course,and having no coverage above all other things if I couldn't either afford to fix myself or replace it if i wanted to... As far as if i am happy with the power I would say yes,but I might have one of the only 750hp ZL1 that stays under 45 95% of the time,as I personally have only gone over 120mph once
I just like having something everyone looks at ,listens to,and then goes WOW !
...incorrect, those parameters are covered under factory warranty, if the car is not modded. It's marketed and designed to be raced. Where did you get that information?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #125
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...incorrect, those parameters are covered under factory warranty, if the car is not modded. It's marketed and designed to be raced. Where did you get that information?
Its in the book,It states may not ,doesn't say wont..Its there so if someone doesn't change all their fluids or gets dirt in the grill and keeps on running,and it blows up because it overheated something GM can call ABUSE..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #126
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Its in the book,It states may not ,doesn't say wont..Its there so if someone doesn't change all their fluids or gets dirt in the grill and keeps on running,and it blows up because it overheated something GM can call ABUSE..
...now your really spinning it and back peddling....give it up before we scan the book and post...
Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #127
gen=5

under racing : it states that " Racing or competitive driving may affect the vehicles warranty" that quote is right from the GM ZL1 manual. I am sure a lot of owners don't read all the way through their manual. Its GM covering their butts...I would think that most of us that really run their ZL1 and really treat it like a race car know better than to get GM to cover it,and normally fix their own stuff anyway...
When the Z28 comes out I would think there will be the same statement,but once again those cars that will become track cars wont ever see the dealer once no matter what happens. I am about to post it for you sir..
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #128
gen=5

from GM like I said its there to protect GM if they choose to say ABUSE
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #129
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
under racing : it states that " Racing or competitive driving may affect the vehicles warranty" that quote is right from the GM ZL1 manual. I am sure a lot of owners don't read all the way through their manual. Its GM covering their butts...I would think that most of us that really run their ZL1 and really treat it like a race car know better than to get GM to cover it,and normally fix their own stuff anyway...
When the Z28 comes out I would think there will be the same statement,but once again those cars that will become track cars wont ever see the dealer once no matter what happens. I am about to post it for you sir..
you are still spinning and trying to recover lost ground. The car is fully warrantied for racing within specified parameters as far as service and factory parts are concerned. Keep reading and don't cut the paragraphs off to suit your own needs.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #130
gen=5

PROOF sir..I was never back peddling I never changed what I meant from the beginning. hope it clears things up,I also found a couple of postings about this also where owners are calling B.S on GM,but when it comes down to it,there are those that do miss treat things....I am not cutting anything off I said that it states that in the book and it does,and yes if the guide lines are not followed IT MAY AFFECT THE WARRANTY....
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #131
OldScoolCamaro

...thanks for conceeding......good night.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #132
gen=5

I understand what your saying,like i said I wasn't saying GM wont cover anything if its used on the track,come on now lol ...your putting words in my mouth guide lines have to be followed,and you know as well as I do if someone goes off track and something happens GM wont cover it,that was part of my point I think you were twisting what i meant a little bit...Its all good either way !
Old 11-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #133
gen=5

conceding HU ! I didn't, I proved it was written in the book,thanks goodnight to you to sir..
Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #134
ninsecgt

Drives: 2013 zl1
gen5

Quote:
PROOF sir..I was never back peddling I never changed what I meant from the beginning. hope it clears things up,I also found a couple of postings about this also where owners are calling B.S on GM,but when it comes down to it,there are those that do miss treat things....I am not cutting anything off I said that it states that in the book and it does,and yes if the guide lines are not followed IT MAY AFFECT THE WARRANTY....
hey guy, dont waste your time responding to oldschool because you cant teach an old dog new tricks. we hear what you're saying and do concur. good info. ps. with a name like oldschool how long do you really think he has left? to live i mean....lol
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #135
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
What it says is that racing is covered under warranty if you follow the proceedures we recommend.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #136
Mister Will

Drives: 2004 C5 Corvette A&A supercharger
This is an interesting topic, but not the OP topic. The thread has been hijacked. Should start anothjer thread. Hey that's a good idea!
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote