Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #35
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
My shop considers a "full" stage 2 for my evo as follows:
intake
Upper and lower intercooler piping
electronic boost controller
bigger front mount
recirculating downpipe
hi-flow cat or test pipe
catback
dyno tune

nets around 375 awhp (plus or minus a few).

With those mods he has, I think you got him, especially if he can't launch well. You still will have to play catchup from a dig but you should have him after 60.
That's bs. My friend's 2011 wrx, with the bigger oem turbo than older sti's, did 287 awhp on 91 octane.... 301 awhp on 93 octane with those very mods. He switched to e85 and did 341 awhp.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #36
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
My shop considers a "full" stage 2 for my evo as follows:
intake
Upper and lower intercooler piping
electronic boost controller
bigger front mount
recirculating downpipe
hi-flow cat or test pipe
catback
dyno tune

nets around 375 awhp (plus or minus a few).

With those mods he has, I think you got him, especially if he can't launch well. You still will have to play catchup from a dig but you should have him after 60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
That's bs. My friend's 2011 wrx, with the bigger oem turbo than older sti's, did 287 awhp on 91 octane.... 301 awhp on 93 octane with those very mods. He switched to e85 and did 341 awhp.
Apples and oranges.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #37
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Apples and oranges.
The new WRX and STi have the same engine and turbo?

Last edited by 08-G35s/6MT; 11-15-2013 at 08:10 PM.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #38
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The new WRX and sti have the same engine and turbo
May I recommend,

trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #39
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
STI, every time I see one run there lucky to get into the 12s but everyone talks how fast they are. The ones I have raced are strong on the low end, but really fall short on any kind of speed and end up being cars behind. Although I did see one running 12.30s over the summer, he must have been very modded.
He probably had meth or e85. They don't have forged pistons and the boxer design runs very hot so they have to be tuned conservatively to be safe and these knock resistant fuels help a lot. The e85 cars are way faster than the 91/93 cars in general. Typical stage 2 cars on pump gas make around 300awhp/315awtq give or take 15 or so and with e85 or meth they will generally pick up 30-40awhp and a bit more than that in torque. One of the guys I track with makes over 400awtq with e85 and that thing corner-exits like a damn rocket, but falls off hard after 100mph. They have a very large gearing change from 4th to 5th which really hurts their acceleration.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #40
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
May I recommend,

__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #41
legacy
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 98
what about spray?
__________________
2013 L99
bolt ons, tune
legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #42
joey0480
 
Drives: 2013 Evo X
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Apples and oranges.
Correct. And I am referring to evos and not a wrx/sti. 150whp is easily gained from the mods I have listed.
__________________
2013 Evo X GSR (SSS, leather, exterior package)....stage 2 bro

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Correct. And I am referring to evos and not a wrx/sti. 150whp is easily gained from the mods I have listed.
Actually, I was referring to your Evo being compared to the Subaru and him calling BS based on the false comparison.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
camaro500
 
camaro500's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 686
My close friend has a 2013 STI with turbo back, intake and tune and he only takes me off the line. From 2nd gear on he is a half car behind and ever increasing. At high speeds he is in the rear view.
__________________
Jannetty Racing 444rwhp/422rwtq +-3760lbs
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #45
grocerygetter
instigator
 
grocerygetter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 72034
Posts: 3,966
Wrx and STI are worlds apart if u can drive them at the limit. Neither is a drag racer but could be with proper mods I guess. But not their strong point IMO. A friend with a tune and downpipe was wearing out intake header bolt on camaro ss's at the track last weekend. 2-3 tenths faster in the wrx than the ss's. Granted...I think there was some driving issues on those camaros as well. But still...he was running 10.1-2 in 1kft. Strong for a wrx.
__________________
-John S.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (672/639 at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #46
Bat Maro
 
Bat Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 251
in all actuality the Subaru's aren't designed for straight lines they are rally cars. they are meant to be driven through the woods at high speeds lol im pretty sure if we race it will be from a roll and ill smoke him
__________________
2013 2SS A6- Vette Doctor tuned-375whp 392wtq
cold air inductions intake
stainless power 1 7/8" headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #47
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
in all actuality the Subaru's aren't designed for straight lines they are rally cars. they are meant to be driven through the woods at high speeds lol im pretty sure if we race it will be from a roll and ill smoke him
Yep.



Check out the save they talk about at the end. I would need a new pair of underwear after that.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #48
Blackkaz04
 
Drives: In the market
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tucson
Posts: 622
yikes! I would wear brown pants before I rode with that dude. STI is still on the bucket list for one day....
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #49
Bat Maro
 
Bat Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Yep.



Check out the save they talk about at the end. I would need a new pair of underwear after that.
ok first of all that thing is heavily worked (hes doing all wheel burn outs for christs sake) and some of those twists turns are very similar to a rally race except for the mud and what not. and lets also not forget world rally cars are pretty much stock as far as engine work goes but the suspension is heavily modded. i could post ken block videos of the same crap lol sick video but im sure i could find a camaro or a corvette doing the same/similar thing. there always have to be ONE troll who posts the video of a heavily worked scoobie and says "yep" 99% of the wrx and sti's you will see on the road dont even break 300hp at the crank. this individual is trying to set a record so of course its going to be very impressive but what subarus are world famous for is RALLY racing. this video is very impressive and insane. props to the driver hes a maniac haha
__________________
2013 2SS A6- Vette Doctor tuned-375whp 392wtq
cold air inductions intake
stainless power 1 7/8" headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #50
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
ok first of all that thing is heavily worked (hes doing all wheel burn outs for christs sake) and some of those twists turns are very similar to a rally race except for the mud and what not. and lets also not forget world rally cars are pretty much stock as far as engine work goes but the suspension is heavily modded. i could post ken block videos of the same crap lol sick video but im sure i could find a camaro or a corvette doing the same/similar thing. there always have to be ONE troll who posts the video of a heavily worked scoobie and says "yep" 99% of the wrx and sti's you will see on the road dont even break 300hp at the crank. this individual is trying to set a record so of course its going to be very impressive but what subarus are world famous for is RALLY racing. this video is very impressive and insane. props to the driver hes a maniac haha
You really need to reevaluate how you interpret the word, "yep." I was agreeing with you. That is rally. It's called tarmac rally and the sti and similar cars do very well in it, hence the production vehicle world record. Look it up. Dunlop Targa is a great example. It is not my fault you think WRC is the only form of rally.

Also, every sti sold in North America breaks 300hp at the crank. The 305bhp referenced at the beginning of the video is the bone stock power. That specific car has suspension, safety equipment, tires, and an exhaust system. It is also pretty easy to do donuts in a stock sti, you don't need a lot of power.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #51
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 7,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Good time. Congrats! Are you on the nittos? And if you don't mind me asking what are your bolt-ons. I'm hopping to cut about another 4/10s off my current best with some tires and TB & gears.
Thanks, and yea I'm running 275 Nitto 555R's on the stock 20" wheel. As far as what bolt ons, ADM Race intake, Apex scoop, TSP 1 7/8" long tubes, no cats, Corsa cat back, JRE tune and Pfadt springs (although I don't think those help on the strip)

__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.