Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
KevininPHX
 
KevininPHX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2 LT RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arizona United States
Posts: 36
2014 Best Resale Value Awards: Sports Car - Kelley Blue Book


Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE


GM has really made some headlines lately.


Owning a muscle car used to bring with it a number of supplementary expenses, particularly when it came time to sell, but the Chevrolet Camaro V6 keeps practicality in check thanks to laudable resale value, a lengthy 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and EPA fuel economy figures of up to 30 mpg on the highway. If ever there was a good time to own a modern-day muscle car, it's now.

From where we sit, the 2014 Camaro is a design tour de force. It's great looking from every angle and instantly recognizable as a Camaro without drawing too heavily on designs from previous generations. While its aggressive front end immediately grabs your attention, our favorite element of the design is the synergy between the flared rear fenders and the roof. GM designers say it was extremely difficult to accomplish this look using factory stamping techniques, but the end result was a smashing success.

Camaros of old were great in a straight line but less impressive through corners, especially if the road surface was uneven. Employing a multi-link rear suspension in place of a live axle, the current-generation Camaro is much more at home in these types of challenging situations. And with 323 horsepower on tap, the 2014 Camaro V6 can give the V8-powered Camaros of yore a serious run for their money.

For all its impressive performance figures, though, the Camaro's most compelling quality is quite possibly its sticker price. With an enticing $24,500 starting MSRP and low depreciation, the Chevy Camaro offers a considerable amount of bang for the buck.

The whole article is available at:
http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...44728798791800
KevininPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,689
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This sucks because I want to buy one used and will apparently be waiting for even more years. GM did too well!
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
HmBuilder2
 
Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central coast, CA.
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevininPHX View Post
GM has really made some headlines lately.


Owning a muscle car used to bring with it a number of supplementary expenses, particularly when it came time to sell, but the Chevrolet Camaro V6 keeps practicality in check thanks to laudable resale value, a lengthy 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and EPA fuel economy figures of up to 30 mpg on the highway. If ever there was a good time to own a modern-day muscle car, it's now.

From where we sit, the 2014 Camaro is a design tour de force. It's great looking from every angle and instantly recognizable as a Camaro without drawing too heavily on designs from previous generations. While its aggressive front end immediately grabs your attention, our favorite element of the design is the synergy between the flared rear fenders and the roof. GM designers say it was extremely difficult to accomplish this look using factory stamping techniques, but the end result was a smashing success.

Camaros of old were great in a straight line but less impressive through corners, especially if the road surface was uneven. Employing a multi-link rear suspension in place of a live axle, the current-generation Camaro is much more at home in these types of challenging situations. And with 323 horsepower on tap, the 2014 Camaro V6 can give the V8-powered Camaros of yore a serious run for their money.

For all its impressive performance figures, though, the Camaro's most compelling quality is quite possibly its sticker price. With an enticing $24,500 starting MSRP and low depreciation, the Chevy Camaro offers a considerable amount of bang for the buck.

The whole article is available at:
http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...44728798791800

Just another reason (like I need one) to love my 2014 Camaro RS
HmBuilder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi
 
AdamEL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,380
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Win!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
Just telling us something we already knew, now the whole world knows....
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Jalberdi99

 
Jalberdi99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: @ ur moms house in VA
Posts: 1,396
Is this only for the 2014? I mean the 2010-2013 looks 90% like the 2014
__________________
Jalberdi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
Is this only for the 2014? I mean the 2010-2013 looks 90% like the 2014
They base the estimate on what previous years of the same car have done or are doing.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
fussboss
 
fussboss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HmBuilder2 View Post

Just another reason (like I need one) to love my 2014 Camaro RS

YUP!!
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
DagoCountyGee

 
DagoCountyGee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North County
Posts: 1,064
So my little v6 is considered a modern day muscle car
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
So my little v6 is considered a modern day muscle car
Shhh you don't want to cause an uprising....
And it's in the sports car Catagory to boot
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
The Blue Angel

 
The Blue Angel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,035
Wait til the insurance companies hear about this.
__________________
2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
A Road Warrior
The Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
bigbob11
 
bigbob11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 259
Dam, who let the cat out of the bag
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe
 
007s 'Vert's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vegas Baby!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,771
I guess now I will just have to hang onto Lil'Blue
__________________
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
Silverlsinva


 
Silverlsinva's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 3,124
Well I didn't just focus on the sports car category and Gm has a lot of cars and trucks in the categories except in the luxury area where I thought caddy has since stepped up their game in the quality dept. But it doesn't seem to show here. But I guess if you want something that doesn't depreciate that much get a Toyota FJ cruiser only 70.1 percent depreciation after 36 months that is like wow to me. Even that whole category is amazing the midsize suv one. Oh and I see no fords on any of the lists except for the fusion.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.