Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
djzl1
 
Drives: zl1 Grey
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: madera
Posts: 5
zl1 F fuse pull

Just wanted to know is there anything wrong with pulling f8 fuse for exhaust to make it sound louder. My dealer told me it will mke the car slightly slow. Did anyone else try it. What are the results. Thanks again
djzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about - no offense.

There's no downside to the fuse pull.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Bigtime53
 
Bigtime53's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 609
What he said is correct. ^^^^^^
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
white1LE
 
white1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 470
+1
__________________
13 ZL1 M6
ATI Balancer
18% OD pulley
Roto-Fab CAI
LPE 700+ package installed along with the new Magnuson Heartbeat 700 rwhp
Cars I built and sold;
94 Z28 385 stroker and D1 SC
99 C5 vert LS7
05 GTO 441 LS7
13 C5 1LE w/ SLP TVS2300
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
SamHouseIII
I Carry!
 
SamHouseIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fletcher, Ok
Posts: 2,564
wow.....just to mess with the dealer, i would ask how it does that?
__________________
I am a Modaholic!! Please Help!! Do Not feed my addicition....See build...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261540

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1
 
BAD ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzl1 View Post
Just wanted to know is there anything wrong with pulling f8 fuse for exhaust to make it sound louder. My dealer told me it will mke the car slightly slow. Did anyone else try it. What are the results. Thanks again

I pulled my f8 fuse, and yes, I gave up 50 or so HP and about 2 seconds in the quarter mile, but it sounds great.

Dont mean to come off like an A hole to your question, more so meant to come off like an a hole to your dealer. Some people just spout crap just to be spouting. Dealers should not be BS ers when we are spending this kind of money.
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
rzrbck_zl1
 
rzrbck_zl1's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 303
Agree with SamHouseIII - ask the dealer just how the heck pulling this fuse affects the performance... I pulled the F8 fuse over a year ago, no downside.
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
bowtiefamily
 
bowtiefamily's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 585
__________________
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #9
djzl1
 
Drives: zl1 Grey
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: madera
Posts: 5
Thanks for the help everyone
djzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
joes407


 
joes407's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: florida
Posts: 2,355
active exhaust on the ZL-1 has no performance gains or losses, it has active exhaust strictly to meet the governments sound requirement
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #11
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10
 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,478
Due to how rich these cars run it will turn the outer tips black with soot quicker, but that's why they make rags and cleaner. Also, the decel pop will now contain decel backfire, which can be annoying. On mine, the addition of a CAI helped with both of these issues.
__________________
Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage
Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6
 
PNYSLAR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Elkmont, Alabama
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Due to how rich these cars run it will turn the outer tips black with soot quicker, but that's why they make rags and cleaner. Also, the decel pop will now contain decel backfire, which can be annoying. On mine, the addition of a CAI helped with both of these issues.
__________________
2012 Summit White ZL1 Manual 6sp Blk 10 spoke, "Thanks Champion Chevrolet" delivered 6/9/2012 #1588
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
kaamacat
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 (Bright Yellow)
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbck_zl1 View Post
Agree with SamHouseIII - ask the dealer just how the heck pulling this fuse affects the performance... I pulled the F8 fuse over a year ago, no downside.
Depending on what he (dealer) is referring to, some autos have a primary and secondary routing for the exhaust where at lower rpms the exhaust is in a closed, but also the ECU is tuned... ultimately (in theory) if you keep it active at all times you loose the small backpressure at low rpms and hp/tq. (That does make sense, but, I'd want to see a dyno on it). These cars or exhaust systems really are not all that robust/complex to do that.

The main reason typically is for low speeds/rpms = in town areas and such for noise restrictions. BUT that mostly is in Europe. (And we not be Europe)
__________________
BobR

2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6Sp, MicroSuede
2011 Porsche GT3RS - sold
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
CA SGT
1AS2RSK
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1, # 1668 Victory Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calif
Posts: 21
My dealer pulled mine for me during mechanic inspection on delivery.
CA SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post
Depending on what he (dealer) is referring to, some autos have a primary and secondary routing for the exhaust where at lower rpms the exhaust is in a closed, but also the ECU is tuned... ultimately (in theory) if you keep it active at all times you loose the small backpressure at low rpms and hp/tq. (That does make sense, but, I'd want to see a dyno on it). These cars or exhaust systems really are not all that robust/complex to do that.

The main reason typically is for low speeds/rpms = in town areas and such for noise restrictions. BUT that mostly is in Europe. (And we not be Europe)

But that doesn't apply to the ZL1 correct? The dealer is talking out of his or her ass period!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
camguynj
 
camguynj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP Blue Ray Metallc
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
Which one does Shoeless Joe Jackson like best ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
exhaust, f8., fuse, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.