Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #103
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Give me some time and will get you set. LOL
Ok Ofer, it'll be here...
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #104
teknoprep
 
Drives: Chevy Equinox
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Thumbs up Siri Eyes Free Update

First, let me say thanks for the wonderful forum & thread. I've been looking everywhere for information on MyLink, and this place delivered!

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox, and was bummed when I heard that the 2014 Chevy models were being updated with Siri Eyes Free:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1014-siri.html

I purchased the 2013 model because I was told the 13/14 Equinox were exactly the same, and there were no added benefits for the 2014 Equinox. I am constantly driving for work, and the hands-free functionality of Siri would be highly beneficial for me. Given your extensive knowledge, including The Stig's wonderful posts, what do you guys think about the following:

-Do you think Chevy will also release an update for the 2013 model year cars with MyLink?
-Is the hardware the same in the 2013 & 2014 MyLink models?
-Are the systems across different car models (Camero, Equinox, etc) the same, or do they have different software?
-Does Siri Eyes Free require any extra hardware, or is it just a software update?
-If they don't release it for the 2013 cars and it is compatible, do you think there will be a way to obtain the 2014 file and do a self-update on my 2013?

As others have said, the MyLink support has not been very helpful on this issue. They don't know anything about software version #'s or updates, simply, check with your local dealer.

Thanks so much!!
teknoprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #105
PR325xi
 
Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: anywhere
Posts: 149
How awesome would It be to have custom firmwares. I'm sick of not being able to update and being stuck with a kinda useless system since not even xm works where I live. At least I want Siri and bring your own maps on my 2013 camaro... At least!!!!!
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #106
drdivo
DrDivo
 
drdivo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 61
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoprep View Post
First, let me say thanks for the wonderful forum & thread. I've been looking everywhere for information on MyLink, and this place delivered!

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox, and was bummed when I heard that the 2014 Chevy models were being updated with Siri Eyes Free:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1014-siri.html

I purchased the 2013 model because I was told the 13/14 Equinox were exactly the same, and there were no added benefits for the 2014 Equinox. I am constantly driving for work, and the hands-free functionality of Siri would be highly beneficial for me. Given your extensive knowledge, including The Stig's wonderful posts, what do you guys think about the following:

-Do you think Chevy will also release an update for the 2013 model year cars with MyLink?
-Is the hardware the same in the 2013 & 2014 MyLink models?
-Are the systems across different car models (Camero, Equinox, etc) the same, or do they have different software?
-Does Siri Eyes Free require any extra hardware, or is it just a software update?
-If they don't release it for the 2013 cars and it is compatible, do you think there will be a way to obtain the 2014 file and do a self-update on my 2013?

As others have said, the MyLink support has not been very helpful on this issue. They don't know anything about software version #'s or updates, simply, check with your local dealer.

Thanks so much!!
What I have from the "Horse's Mouth" is that the 2013 MyLink won't get the Siri Eyes Free and that it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. At least for the 2013 Camaro. Not all the Chevy models have the same MyLink hardware.
__________________
Best regards, DrDivo
drdivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #107
teknoprep
 
Drives: Chevy Equinox
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdivo View Post
What I have from the "Horse's Mouth" is that the 2013 MyLink won't get the Siri Eyes Free and that it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. At least for the 2013 Camaro. Not all the Chevy models have the same MyLink hardware.
Dang! That's quite upsetting, since I specifically inquired about this when I recently purchased my car. Chevy's website was quite confusing when I was doing research before my purchase - when you clicked the MyLink button on the 2013 Chevy Equinox's page, it went to a page talking about Siri Eyes Free integration (they have since updated the links after the announcement). Given this hadn't come out yet for the 2013 or 2014 models, I was told a simple software update would enable the functionality, and that the 2 models were completely identical (except some minor Options changes). Looks like this might not be the case.

Thanks for the info!
teknoprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #108
rdsesq
 
Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 22
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the IPOD initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #109
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the IPOD initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
What firmware do you have now?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #110
suzook

 
Drives: camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Stony Brook,NY
Posts: 1,114
WE REALLY need to hack the $hit out of mylink so we can get more features.
__________________
2016 2SS, NAV,NPP,MAG Ride,Sunroof
Hyperblue/JetBlack
suzook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #111
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
WE REALLY need to hack the $hit out of mylink so we can get more features.
It's being worked on
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #112
teobilly
 
teobilly's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Varese Italy
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
It's being worked on
__________________
FOLLOW ME: LOVECARS: matteobilato INSTAGRAM: matteobilato

MODS: Hennessy performance Air Induction System-Strut tower brace hennessey performance-American Racing long tube headers-Gm performance exhaust 4.5”-Hennessey cam 233/242 133-Eibach pro kit springs-Engine conversion from l99 to ls3-Eibach wheel spacers-Push rod 7.400-Precision industries 3200 single disk converter-160 degree thermostat gm ls3-Nkg tr6 spark plugs high performance-Ls9 head gaskets high performance-Granatelli Motor Sports Spark Plug Wires
teobilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #113
tamphuong
 
Drives: Convertible 1LT RS , SOLO cat back
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: BMR sways, Toe arms, Bushing for street, KW v1 coil over, VTC, Oil catching can. Air filter, BT
Posts: 68
I wonder how back up firmware from my link?
tamphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #114
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamphuong View Post
I wonder how back up firmware from my link?
You can't unfortunately.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #115
gbpucci
 
Drives: Cruze Sport6 LTZ
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2
I have an unofficial information thas is possible to unlock video play feature by deleting a configuration file in file system of mylink !!! Anyone know how to read the system files of the unit ?
gbpucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #116
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpucci View Post
I have an unofficial information thas is possible to unlock video play feature by deleting a configuration file in file system of mylink !!! Anyone know how to read the system files of the unit ?
Possibly. What configuration file do you delete?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #117
gbpucci
 
Drives: Cruze Sport6 LTZ
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Possibly. What configuration file do you delete?
I did not get more information about the file, location, etc., only that you can play video.

There is a way, through a PC or something like that, to boot mylink and gain access into your file system ??

[]s !!
gbpucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #118
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpucci View Post
I did not get more information about the file, location, etc., only that you can play video.

There is a way, through a PC or something like that, to boot mylink and gain access into your file system ??

[]s !!
Our MyLink doesn't have the ability to play video - period. So deleting a configuration file to disable the "Vehicle In Motion" screen, wouldn't give you the ability to play videos.

And no - you can't remote into the MyLink system and delete/edit files.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #119
GTPprix
I hack cars.
 
Drives: Lots ;)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Macomb Township, MI
Posts: 362
Send a message via ICQ to GTPprix Send a message via AIM to GTPprix Send a message via Yahoo to GTPprix
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpucci View Post
I have an unofficial information thas is possible to unlock video play feature by deleting a configuration file in file system of mylink !!! Anyone know how to read the system files of the unit ?
LOL Epic first post; no.
GTPprix is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.