Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #341
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
A guy at the drive-through asked if mine was a ZL1...(go ahead, laugh)...then proceeded to tell me that the ZL1 has 800 hp stock
the fact you were in the "drive through" should be a sign that it isn't a ZL1. hahaha ZL1 people don't eat in such a..... unwealthy atmosphere! They go to restaurants with cheering crowds and get valet parking like that 18 year old guy was saying! haha

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #342
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Luckily no one is very rude about cars around here...we all seem to share the common interest in going fast whether it's in a Ford, GM, etc...

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Parts & Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning
704-307-4227
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #343
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Guy: oh man is that supercharged!?
Me: yup
Guy: its stick right?
Me: no its auto, i would have gotten stick but this car was already supercharged and i bought it for v6 pricing. So 478 at the wheels is not too shaby for the price man.
Guy: yeah i would never drive an auto, thats why my honda is stick.
Me: really....(looked at his honda and then laughed in his face)

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #344
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
A guy at the drive-through asked if mine was a ZL1...(go ahead, laugh)...then proceeded to tell me that the ZL1 has 800 hp stock
Well the more stickers you have on car the more hp...so you must of had a ton of them on your car

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #345
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
most negative comments come from some one who is unhappy with there own life and we all know misery loves company.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #346
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
"You're too young for this car you need to give to me"
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #347
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
A kid in a primered-out 90's model Civic hatchback pulled up next to me at the gas station a few months ago. I could barely comprehend what he was saying over the incredibly loud/rough idle coming from his little 4 cylinder motor.

When he revved his motor, a puff of smoke that resembled a fart popped out of his rusty exhaust can. That kid told me that he wanted to race for "pink slips" and that he'd "smoke me". He had a serious look on his face. I just laughed at him and he drove away after restarting his Civic after it stalled.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #348
Lacpac

Drives: Crystal Red Tintcoat
I can't wait to run across a 2015 Mustang owner that buys 4 banger Eco-boost engine. I'm sure they will have some decent performance but I'm saving this line for them. "Hey my neighbor had a 1977 4 cylinder mustang 5 speed....."
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #349
white20112ss

Drives: white camaro
Ooh is not just the ss is rs too that's why is so fast lol
white20112ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #350
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I told someone I had a Camaro they said "oh.... so your gay then?"

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #351
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Quote:
I actually had to pay for it myself, my dad wasn't going to help me get it, but it is payed off and for that I'm greatful
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #352
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK2DRUL View Post
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
Do what I do....don't believe a word of it....not only is he driving a zl1..he's eating at high end restaurants with valet parking. HHmmm all at 18...

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.... Hurst shifter.....SPI dyno tuned.

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #353
zizzle

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Two months after buying mine, the SO is in Starbucks while I'm sitting outside looking in the window of a parked SS on display, I overhear a guy scream "GET A MUSTANG".

I watched him drive off in a Ford Windstar.
zizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #354
hercamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS Red w/black
Recently I have heard...."Your husband lets you drive his car?" and my favorite is always, "it must be an automatic..." Ummmm??? No and No

I do like to watch people trying to figure out my plates.....Most think I am a redneck who can't spell. Living in Cowboys county, I wanted a plate that only a true MN Vikings fan would get....and they do!
hercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #355
LGM30G
Rocket Scientist.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Black.
For me, the one and, only snide comment came just after i purchased my 2013 ZL1 in July.....
I had a commitment too attend an event 750 miles away in Kansas and, what better way to put the required break in miles on the motor and, do it in style?

*Roadtrip!*

I had'nt been there very long when the owner of a new Challenger R/T decided to "introduce" himself and, make several ill placed comments about the fit/finish, quality of metal used in the construction and, general performance of my vehicle....

He was told to walk away.....now.....

Later on a good friend of mine passed on too him that when/if he ever decided to head east too Indiana....maybe to attend an event that "I" was the club president for and, sponsored.

He might....
1. Not want to re-introduce himself.
2. Do not ask me why i traded in my new SRT8 Challenger for this car.
3. Do not ask to follow me home to see my personal collection of Big Block, Multi-carb, Extremely Rare, Fully restored (by my hands) 60's/70's MOPARS......
4. Stay away.

I still consider myself to be a true Moparman but, 27 years ago i sold an original 69 Z/28 that i've always missed.....This new ZL1 brought back alot of great memories and, reopened my eyes to what a modern muscle can do to make you feel 18 all over again.

Some people will never understand. The SRT8 was fun...this is alot more.....
LGM30G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #356
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM30G View Post
For me, the one and, only snide comment came just after i purchased my 2013 ZL1 in July.....
I had a commitment too attend an event 750 miles away in Kansas and, what better way to put the required break in miles on the motor and, do it in style?

*Roadtrip!*

I had'nt been there very long when the owner of a new Challenger R/T decided to "introduce" himself and, make several ill placed comments about the fit/finish, quality of metal used in the construction and, general performance of my vehicle....

He was told to walk away.....now.....

Later on a good friend of mine passed on too him that when/if he ever decided to head east too Indiana....maybe to attend an event that "I" was the club president for and, sponsored.

He might....
1. Not want to re-introduce himself.
2. Do not ask me why i traded in my new SRT8 Challenger for this car.
3. Do not ask to follow me home to see my personal collection of Big Block, Multi-carb, Extremely Rare, Fully restored (by my hands) 60's/70's MOPARS......
4. Stay away.

I still consider myself to be a true Moparman but, 27 years ago i sold an original 69 Z/28 that i've always missed.....This new ZL1 brought back alot of great memories and, reopened my eyes to what a modern muscle can do to make you feel 18 all over again.

Some people will never understand. The SRT8 was fun...this is alot more.....
Great post. My favorite Mopars were the 60's and early 70's Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Cudas and Roadrunners.

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #357
LGM30G
Rocket Scientist.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Great post. My favorite Mopars were the 60's and early 70's Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Cudas and Roadrunners.
Thank-you Bird....

One thing i've learned over the years is that if you love cars, you LOVE cars.
You may see something that doesn't suit your style or the brand may not be you personal favorite....but, you have to respect the owner for what their vision of beauty is.

We never truly "Own" our cars, we keep them for the next owner...and, so on.....(If of course we don't wreck the dang thing!)

This ZL-1 truly excites me, makes me childish and, occasionally scares the out of me...

It's a fun car for sure! Rolling down the road giving the peace sign...
LGM30G is offline   Reply With Quote