Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #351
StealthZL1
 
StealthZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 271
A kid in a primered-out 90's model Civic hatchback pulled up next to me at the gas station a few months ago. I could barely comprehend what he was saying over the incredibly loud/rough idle coming from his little 4 cylinder motor.

When he revved his motor, a puff of smoke that resembled a fart popped out of his rusty exhaust can. That kid told me that he wanted to race for "pink slips" and that he'd "smoke me". He had a serious look on his face. I just laughed at him and he drove away after restarting his Civic after it stalled.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #352
Lacpac
CAI, MRT 2.0, Ported TB
 
Lacpac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 RS, Crystal Red Tint
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Loves Park, IL
Posts: 132
I can't wait to run across a 2015 Mustang owner that buys 4 banger Eco-boost engine. I'm sure they will have some decent performance but I'm saving this line for them. "Hey my neighbor had a 1977 4 cylinder mustang 5 speed....."
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #353
white20112ss
 
Drives: white camaro
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 42
Ooh is not just the ss is rs too that's why is so fast lol
white20112ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #354
matthew9440
 
matthew9440's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DuBois, PA
Posts: 601
I told someone I had a Camaro they said "oh.... so your gay then?"
__________________

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #355
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)
 
OK2DRUL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 656
Quote:
I actually had to pay for it myself, my dad wasn't going to help me get it, but it is payed off and for that I'm greatful
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #356
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK2DRUL View Post
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
Do what I do....don't believe a word of it....not only is he driving a zl1..he's eating at high end restaurants with valet parking. HHmmm all at 18...
__________________


k@n cai..jba shorty headers...vmax ported throttlebody...solo hi flow cats...lba power cables..magna flow competition exhaust.

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-10-2014 at 10:46 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #357
zizzle
 
zizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Wanye
Posts: 28
Two months after buying mine, the SO is in Starbucks while I'm sitting outside looking in the window of a parked SS on display, I overhear a guy scream "GET A MUSTANG".

I watched him drive off in a Ford Windstar.
zizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #358
hercamaro
 
hercamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS Red w/black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richardson/Garland TX
Posts: 157
Recently I have heard...."Your husband lets you drive his car?" and my favorite is always, "it must be an automatic..." Ummmm??? No and No

I do like to watch people trying to figure out my plates.....Most think I am a redneck who can't spell. Living in Cowboys county, I wanted a plate that only a true MN Vikings fan would get....and they do!
hercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #359
LGM30G
Rocket Scientist.
 
LGM30G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Black.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Ross, Indiana
Posts: 15
For me, the one and, only snide comment came just after i purchased my 2013 ZL1 in July.....
I had a commitment too attend an event 750 miles away in Kansas and, what better way to put the required break in miles on the motor and, do it in style?

*Roadtrip!*

I had'nt been there very long when the owner of a new Challenger R/T decided to "introduce" himself and, make several ill placed comments about the fit/finish, quality of metal used in the construction and, general performance of my vehicle....

He was told to walk away.....now.....

Later on a good friend of mine passed on too him that when/if he ever decided to head east too Indiana....maybe to attend an event that "I" was the club president for and, sponsored.

He might....
1. Not want to re-introduce himself.
2. Do not ask me why i traded in my new SRT8 Challenger for this car.
3. Do not ask to follow me home to see my personal collection of Big Block, Multi-carb, Extremely Rare, Fully restored (by my hands) 60's/70's MOPARS......
4. Stay away.

I still consider myself to be a true Moparman but, 27 years ago i sold an original 69 Z/28 that i've always missed.....This new ZL1 brought back alot of great memories and, reopened my eyes to what a modern muscle can do to make you feel 18 all over again.

Some people will never understand. The SRT8 was fun...this is alot more.....
LGM30G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #360
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM30G View Post
For me, the one and, only snide comment came just after i purchased my 2013 ZL1 in July.....
I had a commitment too attend an event 750 miles away in Kansas and, what better way to put the required break in miles on the motor and, do it in style?

*Roadtrip!*

I had'nt been there very long when the owner of a new Challenger R/T decided to "introduce" himself and, make several ill placed comments about the fit/finish, quality of metal used in the construction and, general performance of my vehicle....

He was told to walk away.....now.....

Later on a good friend of mine passed on too him that when/if he ever decided to head east too Indiana....maybe to attend an event that "I" was the club president for and, sponsored.

He might....
1. Not want to re-introduce himself.
2. Do not ask me why i traded in my new SRT8 Challenger for this car.
3. Do not ask to follow me home to see my personal collection of Big Block, Multi-carb, Extremely Rare, Fully restored (by my hands) 60's/70's MOPARS......
4. Stay away.

I still consider myself to be a true Moparman but, 27 years ago i sold an original 69 Z/28 that i've always missed.....This new ZL1 brought back alot of great memories and, reopened my eyes to what a modern muscle can do to make you feel 18 all over again.

Some people will never understand. The SRT8 was fun...this is alot more.....
Great post. My favorite Mopars were the 60's and early 70's Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Cudas and Roadrunners.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #361
LGM30G
Rocket Scientist.
 
LGM30G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Black.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Ross, Indiana
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Great post. My favorite Mopars were the 60's and early 70's Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Cudas and Roadrunners.
Thank-you Bird....

One thing i've learned over the years is that if you love cars, you LOVE cars.
You may see something that doesn't suit your style or the brand may not be you personal favorite....but, you have to respect the owner for what their vision of beauty is.

We never truly "Own" our cars, we keep them for the next owner...and, so on.....(If of course we don't wreck the dang thing!)

This ZL-1 truly excites me, makes me childish and, occasionally scares the out of me...

It's a fun car for sure! Rolling down the road giving the peace sign...
LGM30G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #362
Synyster

 
Synyster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Do what I do....don't believe a word of it....not only is he driving a zl1..he's eating at high end restaurants with valet parking. HHmmm all at 18...
Could be YouTube money, app programming, inheritance....

It's really not that hard to believe.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #363
richard200593
 
richard200593's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 212
The only time I ever get negative feedback is if someone asks if it's a 6 or 8, to which I've learned to respond "if you can't tell why does it matter".. This is by no means a hit on v8 guys I would love to have one just not reasonable for me.
__________________
Performance mods:
mrt v2.0 exhaust

Cosmetic mods:
Bmr 1.2/1.4 drop springs/Oracle plasma drl lights/footwell ambient lighting/Plasti dipped bowties, emblems and bezels

Audio mods:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/Subthump stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #364
maxx210
 
Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 66
A girl I work with, her boyfriend, now husband has an '05 GTO or something like that that he bought used. When he heard that I had bought my ss, he immediately went online and started looking at the specs of his gto compared to the ss. He stated," You have a little more power than me, but I can beat you." I just respond, "Okay, cool. What all does your gto have on it?" He responds, "I don't know." The car definately doesn't sound stock is what I am thinking. And, he doesn't know or just doesn't want to say. So, I start lightly modding mine. Catback, cai, ported Tb. I just happen to blow past his wife in her car a couple months ago. She says, "Wow your Camaro sounds mean. It's impressive!" Retrochambered cb, thanks again Chase. She tells her husband apparently. He comes to my work the next day telling me he just ordered a turbo for his gto. "It was an offer he couldn't refuse." I say, "Cool dude, that will really liven things up." He takes her home that day, so she is waiting to clock out. I say to another guy I work with, "See ya' I'm heading out." Her husband chimes in, "Don't let me catch you on the road." I'm like, "Oook. Later." Now every time I see this guy it is, "I got some new electric fans for my car", or "I just installed some under drive pulleys." It was hilarious at first, now it is getting kind of sad.
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #365
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM30G View Post
Thank-you Bird....

One thing i've learned over the years is that if you love cars, you LOVE cars.
You may see something that doesn't suit your style or the brand may not be you personal favorite....but, you have to respect the owner for what their vision of beauty is.

We never truly "Own" our cars, we keep them for the next owner...and, so on.....(If of course we don't wreck the dang thing!)

This ZL-1 truly excites me, makes me childish and, occasionally scares the out of me...

It's a fun car for sure! Rolling down the road giving the peace sign...
You ever watch Graveyard Cars on Velocity? Love the cars they work on but can't stand the guys on the show.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #366
jdsblueray2013
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chi town, south suburbs
Posts: 212
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
Very sweet ride. What year is your Challenger, and what's the color?
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #367
Trob85
Svt lol
 
Trob85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Topeka
Posts: 638
I have new one the other day, a ton of snarky people around here. Anyways have my car under a car cover so this guy asks what it is, I tell him and he goes on to say I don't care about that piece of junk. With a dumb look on my face from the shock of how stupid some people are he goes on to say i would care if it was a truck or could tow. By this point I'm trying to hold myself back from crushing his face, had to pop a few pills from the va to calm down, so I've heard enough I interrupt him and say, weeeeeel with everything I've done to that it has enough torque and horsepower to pull your trailer hard enough it would rip the siding off. Needless to say he got real quiet and walked away.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #368
jravenfan
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eldersburg MD
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I have new one the other day, a ton of snarky people around here. Anyways have my car under a car cover so this guy asks what it is, I tell him and he goes on to say I don't care about that piece of junk. With a dumb look on my face from the shock of how stupid some people are he goes on to say i would care if it was a truck or could tow. By this point I'm trying to hold myself back from crushing his face, had to pop a few pills from the va to calm down, so I've heard enough I interrupt him and say, weeeeeel with everything I've done to that it has enough torque and horsepower to pull your trailer hard enough it would rip the siding off. Needless to say he got real quiet and walked away.
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
__________________
jravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #369
Trob85
Svt lol
 
Trob85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Topeka
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #370
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
He probably looked like his FORD truck.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #371
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter
 
Norm Peterson's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
Like this?
Attached Images
 
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #372
Detleg
DNFT
 
Detleg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tobaccoville, NC
Posts: 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Detleg Send a message via Skype™ to Detleg
Well no Jealousy here, nothing but praise from people, must be because i live below the Dixie line where people in general are friendlier.
Detleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #373
trcsr
 
trcsr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Conv
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 93
Smile

One of the worst comments I got was from my wife. When I got the car it was the plain Rally Yellow. I got a lot of comments about how great it looked. When I was shopping for the racing stripes she was not happy and said "you won't be getting as many comments about how great it looks with them on". Wrong! I have received at least as many if not more remarks since then. She likes the hockey stick side stripes so I think I will be getting them soon. As soon as the weather warms up a little I am going to get the windows tinted and that should really make an improvement in its looks.

Another remark I got was from a man who was in the Miata Club that I was in before I got this. He didn't like the narrow windows. I reminded him that in the 50's one of the more popular things to do when building a hot rod was to chop the top; with the Camaro, the top is already factory-chopped!
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #374
April Powers
Braaaaaaap
 
April Powers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 1le-2004 Wr450 supermoto
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 26
I don't get back handed comments. What I do get is people yelling at me in neighborhoods to "slow down." I NEVER speed in neighborhoods, my car is just loud. Sometimes I keep driving, sometimes I haven't had my coffee yet
A couple weeks after I bought my car I was driving through my neighborhood doing 25 (speed limit 30) A lady screams at me to slow down. I reverse in front of her house, and ask if there is a problem. She goes off on a rant about speeding and about how someone killed her cat. I asked her if she had a radar gun, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I then told her that I was doing 5 under, and that I live in the neighborhood and don't speed. She goes off on another tangent, and I tell her to save it for someone who's speeding. She was watering her lawn and got pissed off threw her hands in the air and sprayed my car. I wanted to lay down some fat strips in front of her house, but cooler heads prevailed. I went home and visited a neat website called www.poopsenders.com
Click the link, you won't be disappointed
April Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #375
tekteq
HT5 in the 626
 
tekteq's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: 626, California
Posts: 288
I always get the "why'd you get an auto" comment on mine...ironically its always by people who don't even know how to drive stick.
__________________

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ SLP Loudmouth Axleback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.