Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Solid subframe bushings or toe/trailings?

If you had to choose between a solid subframe bushing (ADM or Pfadt), or upgraded toe rod & trailing arms, which would you pick?

Application:
2010 2SS/RS M6 - daily driver

See signature for mods list (coming soon items expected within next 3 months)

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Start with the solid subframe bushings first! They are the foundation of the entire IRS! Actually, if you can swing it financially, do everything all at once! You'll have to lower the cradle to do the driver's side toe link so might as well do it when you have the cradle down for the bushings! Also, when you do the trailing arms make sure you replace the outer bushings if the don't come with the arms.
ssmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
100% agree with everything Mike said!!!! Good Advice!!!
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
I agree^ Solid Subframe bushings first.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I just wasn't sure if the step from inserts to solid was as good as the upgrade on the toe rods/trailing arms (with outer bushing).

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
I just wasn't sure if the step from inserts to solid was as good as the upgrade on the toe rods/trailing arms (with outer bushing).
Well inserts are better than just then the factory bushings (obviously)

But if you can swing it, full replacement solid bushings are the way to go. Cradle has to come down anyways but thats jmo.

Went with the LSR toe links, trailing arms and they have definitely improved the handling, I also need to get some outer bushings.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
I had inserts but didn't feel much improvement till I went with the full bushings!
ssmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
You have to drop the cradle a little bit to get the toe rod bolts out anyway. Do it all.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
It is best to do them both at once to avoid doing things twice. I also recommend doing the Upper control arm bushings while you are doing the subframe bushings.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #10
Snidely Whiplash
Suppressed HK co-pilot

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Well inserts are better than just then the factory bushings (obviously)

But if you can swing it, full replacement solid bushings are the way to go. Cradle has to come down anyways but thats jmo.

Went with the LSR toe links, trailing arms and they have definitely improved the handling, I also need to get some outer bushings.
I did both bushings with my BMR trailing arms.

You WILL notice that poly outer bushing the first time you drive it. It gives "feedback" on road condition and things out back don't move around as much.
2014 LS3 - BMR full poly rear trailing arms, LG Motorsports Super Pro 1 7/8" headers, 3" full exhaust, 2.5" inlet GHL mufflers, LGM tune by Anthony Forney - barely broken-in motor with 1500 miles on it - 409.83 RWHP with 401.10 RW torque WITH STOCK AIRBOX. Have since added a VMAX ported TB and Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI. That should put me at 420 RWHP - give or take a few.

Back when folks were killing brain cells huffing glue, I was huffing 327s with 6-71s and having more fun than the glue guys.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Start with the solid subframe bushings first! They are the foundation of the entire IRS! Actually, if you can swing it financially, do everything all at once! You'll have to lower the cradle to do the driver's side toe link so might as well do it when you have the cradle down for the bushings! Also, when you do the trailing arms make sure you replace the outer bushings if the don't come with the arms.
Exactly.