Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
I'm with you man. You can buy a small lathe for the price of the PFADT bushings.
$300 lathe from harbor freight + $70 in aluminum stock.

$370 solid rear subframe
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
snickerdoodle
 
Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 250
I have personally seen the welds on a subframe cracked. If you want to go solid run a bead around the bushing housing. If you have seen the weld points you should be well aware of what I am talking about. Pete is right
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
I have personally seen the welds on a subframe cracked. If you want to go solid run a bead around the bushing housing. If you have seen the weld points you should be well aware of what I am talking about. Pete is right
I find it hilarious however that Pete, says that they will crack. But then fully says buy my product. The hypocrisy
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I find it hilarious however that Pete, says that they will crack. But then fully says buy my product. The hypocrisy
One is solid the other is not and allows flex. Thats not hypocrisy its you not understanding the difference in the product lines.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6
 
Dexman1349's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
One is solid the other is not and allows flex. Thats not hypocrisy its you not understanding the difference in the product lines.
Full bushings (urethane/delrin) versus solid bushings (aluminum)
__________________
2/7/2014: 419 hp, 419 tq

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
One is solid the other is not and allows flex. Thats not hypocrisy its you not understanding the difference in the product lines.
Thank you for you very informative information about my misunderstanding of product lines between derlin with a aluminum core/ derlin bushing inserts/ full aluminum bushings. My point, was he stated that if the guy himself made them that they would cause a weld to crack. But, he then said that with their product their haven't been any reported cracking yet. Thanks.
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
EarlyApex
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Damascus Or
Posts: 406
Since all of the other joints that input loads to the subframe are rubber bushed (stock) or urethane (modified) shock loads to the subframe will not be greater using solid aluminum subframe mounts. At worst you might have some vibration/noise transfer to the main frame but with the links and rear axle housing isolated there shouldn't be much vibration in the subframe to transfer.
__________________
EarlyApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Thank you for you very informative information about my misunderstanding of product lines between derlin with a aluminum core/ derlin bushing inserts/ full aluminum bushings. My point, was he stated that if the guy himself made them that they would cause a weld to crack. But, he then said that with their product their haven't been any reported cracking yet. Thanks.
Wrong again. Pedders only sells poly bushings in 2 durometers. They flex. They have never sold delrin or aluminum. They don't flex. Pete disagrees with the use of solid which he doesn't sell. He recommends poly that he and others sell that flexes. Again, that is not hypocrisy its you not understanding product line differences.

I'm not making a statement either way about the likelihood of cracking. On that I'm neutral.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Wrong again. Pedders only sells poly bushings in 2 durometers. They flex. They have never sold delrin or aluminum. They don't flex. Pete disagrees with the use of solid which he doesn't sell. He recommends poly that he and others sell that flexes. Again, that is not hypocrisy its you not understanding product line differences.

I'm not making a statement either way about the likelihood of cracking. On that I'm neutral.
dude OH shit!!!! I didnt realize that was pedders ( seriously dont kill me ) I thought that was pfadt responding and typing the whole time. MY BAD.

But yes you are 100% correct on that part.
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #27
MikeLA2011ss
 
Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lafayette la
Posts: 130
lol im so confused
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #28
j5ady
 
Drives: 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Killeen TX
Posts: 13
Still no dimensions?!?!

Last edited by j5ady; 07-21-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Forgot question mark
j5ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #29
Draven1327
Socal Mayhem
 
Draven1327's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS (KYORI)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fontana
Posts: 386
no one wants to give up the dimensions lol trade secret i guess lmao
__________________
Draven1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #30
j5ady
 
Drives: 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Killeen TX
Posts: 13
Ok i guess Ill have to be the one to take my car apart!
j5ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
GroundSpeed
 
GroundSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Camaro 2SS & '03 S10 V6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12
Does anyone know the dimensions for the rear subframe bushings?
GroundSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.