Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
I was planning on getting the 1LE permagrin setup in Jan but I have been hearing that people have ordered parts from Peddlers and experiencing long waits and no response from emails. I don't want to order if there is a chance that I could lose my money. Anyone know what's going on?
There is another thread in the vendor feedback session. There is a legal dispute occurring between Pedders Australia which is the parent company and Pedders USA. They most likely got a cease and desist lettter on any business until its resolved.

You can wait a little bit if your timeline allows or you can look at other options. The parts availability will be back once the legal issues get resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Guys i emailed Pedders Head Office Australia the other day and got this response back from them, to be honest it doesnt look good for anyone that has any orders with pedders usa.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been having.We are currently involved in a legal situation with the entity that has acted as U.S. distributor.
Unfortunately we cannot assist you at the moment,if you could give me any details of the various attempts you made to contact them, it would be very much appreciated.
We hope to be able to give you more information early in the new year.

Dianne Orders | Accounts Department | Pedders Suspension

Tel +61 3 9706 3500 | Fax +61 3 9706 3355 |
6 Bridge Road Keysborough, Victoria, Australia 3173
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
That would explain the lack of response to emails and such. Sorry to hear that.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
There is another thread in the vendor feedback session. There is a legal dispute occurring between Pedders Australia which is the parent company and Pedders USA. They most likely got a cease and desist lettter on any business until its resolved.

You can wait a little bit if your timeline allows or you can look at other options. The parts availability will be back once the legal issues get resolved.
I was told that awhile back but didnt want to say. Hope they resolve the issues.
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
I was gonna order the permagrin kit for christmas good thing i didn't
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #30
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The part that I don't understand is why all of the vendors still list Pedders on their websites as available. Nothing says there is a waitlist or backorder. Unless you call them before you order or are reading these threads, you have no idea you order may not get filled...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #31
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
Pedders still in business?

Pfadt Stage 4 here and loving it. No need to wait for Pedders stickers. Pfadt FTW!
2012 2SS/RS, Magna TVS2300, RX Catch Can, Borla S-Type, Pfadt Stage 4 w/ ZL Spec Sway Bars, ADM Custom Boost/AFR Gauges, Hurst Short Throw, Forgestar F14 Matte Black 20x11 & 20x9.5 Deep Concave all 4, Nitto Invo 315/35 & 275/40, Heritage Grill, Sparks Black Grill SS & Trunk SS, P13W Fog Lights (cool white) w/ DRL Harness, Blacked Out Brake light bezels, Xpel Smoke Light Kit
JHall651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #32
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post

I was under the impression that Pedders AU and Pedders USA were the same company. That really sucks if this is the case since Pete is truly a great person. We met at SEMA 2012 Camaro5 dinner party. He was great to talk to and very approachable. Hope everything works out for all parties.
BMR adjustable toe-rods. Pedders ZL1 barz, rear cradle inserts, radius arm & steering rack bushings.
Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace (minus tunnel cross-over piece for SCCA rules)
1LE 3.91 gearzzz. Drive Shaft Shop Road Race Axle Upgrade. TurnOne power steering pump.
Forgeline GA3-R 19x11 + Hoosier R6 315/30R19
426 HP @ 5550 RPM / 427 TQ @ 4700 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #33
camaro500

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I hope they pull through. Nice company that keeps healthy competition in the market.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #34
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
I was under the impression that Pedders AU and Pedders USA were the same company. That really sucks if this is the case since Pete is truly a great person. We met at SEMA 2012 Camaro5 dinner party. He was great to talk to and very approachable. Hope everything works out for all parties.
If I am correct I believe that Pedders USA is the sole national distributor for Pedders AU here in the states, not the same company. I agree about Pete! I have met and talked to him many times! He is always approachable, helpfull, and enthusiastic! Of all the vendors on Camaro5 I would have to say he is one of just a few that are genuinely interested in the sport and in his customers, not just selling bits!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #35
130R
Machine Washable.

Drives: Western Digital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I agree about Pete! I have met and talked to him many times! He is always approachable, helpfull, and enthusiastic! Of all the vendors on Camaro5 I would have to say he is one of just a few that are genuinely interested in the sport and in his customers, not just selling bits!
Then why on earth are all his customers left in the dark? How hard would it be to let everyone know what's going on? Why continue to let people order parts that may never ship? Why leave customers with warranty issues hanging in the wind?

There is no excuse for not letting your valued customers know what's up and what's being done to resolve the issue(s).
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #36
AG1LE

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Unless you truly understanding the legal issues Pete is facing, it's pre-mature to draw conclusions about what kind of communications he can or should have with his customers right now, even seemingly innocuous communications. This could be a situation in which he simply cannot communicate with his customers until the legal issue is resolved, regardless of how frustrating it is to Pete and his customers.
AG1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #37
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Unless you truly understanding the legal issues Pete is facing, it's pre-mature to draw conclusions about what kind of communications he can or should have with his customers right now, even seemingly innocuous communications. This could be a situation in which he simply cannot communicate with his customers until the legal issue is resolved, regardless of how frustrating it is to Pete and his customers.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #38
AG1LE

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
yeah, something like that
AG1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #39
camaro500

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
amazing
Old 12-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #40
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
Then why on earth are all his customers left in the dark? How hard would it be to let everyone know what's going on? Why continue to let people order parts that may never ship? Why leave customers with warranty issues hanging in the wind?

There is no excuse for not letting your valued customers know what's up and what's being done to resolve the issue(s).
Good point, but I guess you'll have to ask Pete yourself! That is if you can get ahold of him! LOL! I'm thinking that he may have been given notice not to communicate anything until the legal issues are resolved. We are doing nothing but speculating at this point!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Then why on earth are all his customers left in the dark? How hard would it be to let everyone know what's going on?
The only thing I can speculate as to why someone would/could not communicate with the customers is if he's in jail or on the run. It has happened before to people. They just vanish.

If Pedders AU can say something about having a legal situation, then so can Pete. He doesn't have to disclose details, but he CAN state something to the fact that he's having some issues, hold one while we get things resolved, etc., etc.

But because he's incommunicado, my bet is he's not in a place that has internet readily available at the moment or he simply doesn't want to be found.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #42
Avalnch

For those who are truly interested and perhaps even need some contact, why not call down-under. Eh Mate?
http://www.pedders.com.au/contact
BMR adjustable toe-rods. Pedders ZL1 barz, rear cradle inserts, radius arm & steering rack bushings.
1LE 3.91 gearzzz. Drive Shaft Shop Road Race Axle Upgrade. TurnOne power steering pump.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
For those who are truly interested and perhaps even need some contact, why not call down-under. Eh Mate?
http://www.pedders.com.au/contact
See post #26 in this thread. It's already been done.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #44
Avalnch

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
See post #26 in this thread. It's already been done.
Great minds think alike. Lazy minds get repeated.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #45
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
glad I found this I have been trying since Nov. 20, to get a response on how to send in Blown XA for rebuild. Like said no answer to emails or calls. no matter what is going on they should post something even if it said they currently were not operating. Now I have to figure out how to get my shock fixed? anyone know where I can get a seal kit and what weight the shock oil is?
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #46
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLS3SS View Post
glad I found this I have been trying since Nov. 20, to get a response on how to send in Blown XA for rebuild. Like said no answer to emails or calls. no matter what is going on they should post something even if it said they currently were not operating. Now I have to figure out how to get my shock fixed? anyone know where I can get a seal kit and what weight the shock oil is?
I dont think they rebuild these, they just send anew shock body that fits into the clevis
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #47
130R
Machine Washable.

Drives: Western Digital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLS3SS View Post
Contact BC Racing and see if they have a rebuild kit for them. If not, they should be able to service them.
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #48
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks

Quote:
Contact BC Racing and see if they have a rebuild kit for them. If not, they should be able to service them.
Thanks for the info, If I would have known I was not going to get support from Pedders I would have went with another vendor guess I got sucked in thought it was a good company with a good product. Less than impressed now. For post before I would send it in for replacement if I knew how to send it and that I would get something back. Car is not much good with only 3 shocks and can't mix with another companies. Pete's name is not even listed in the call directory now so not even sure if he even works there anymore. very frustrating if I knew in a month I could get it replaced I would wait not knowing causes stress
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #49
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
I made the decision back in 2009 to go with BMR rather then Pedder's because of the availability of there product. I have no regrets, US made to boot.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #50
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I made the decision back in 2009 to go with BMR rather then Pedder's because of the availability of there product. I have no regrets, US made to boot.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Me too!!!!
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote