Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
EVERY dealer reacts this way when this kind of thing happens. EVERY dealer that does this gets blasted all over internet blogs. EVERY dealer that does this is found wrong in court, yet the CONTINUOUSLY do this. Contact Jalopnik and Autoblog. Contact GM. Hire a lawyer.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
Unbelivable !! Sure this Guys
Old 12-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
Sue
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
What in the?? Do they think they will get away with this?

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Parts & Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning
704-307-4227
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
First, contact Chevrolet Customer service and get the situation escalated within GM. They will take this seriously.

Second, lawyer up.
Exactly. Make sure that you get in touch with a decision maker, not a customer service rep. This involves writing a letter (sent via USPS, not email) to higher-ups at GM. They need to punish this dealer or at least force them to give you a new/newer car. Perhaps GM does this as a gesture of goodwill.

In the past when I have had problems with a company, even a big company, I have written letters to their executive offices. Sure, the mail is screened, but I always get a favorable response from the company. The executive usually has a "fixer" who goes out of their way to fix things for you.

Two other things you should do:

1. Lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Businesses hate having unresolved complaints on the BBB website. The dealer is no different.

2. See if your local news/paper has a "shame on you" type of segment. It's a long shot, but if you get to tell your story, it may shame the dealership into stepping up.

BTW, has the dealership already said that they won't give you a newer car? They should be going overboard to make this up to you.

If they don't, I'd raise holy hell. No reason you should be in this situation!

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #23
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Not only is the dealership liable for your car from an insurance standpoint, but they have also committed a felony on a criminal level. An employee "of the dealership" STOLE your car and wrecked it. I would have their ass handed to them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
I'm going to guess the paper you signed to have the dealership service your car has some fine print on it somewhere stating they are not liable for any loss or damages to your vehicle while it's in their possession. That's probably why they're telling you it's not their problem.

If the car is totaled, Isn't your insurance company going to reimburse you the market value of the car?

To me it's no different than if someone stole the car from in front of your house and totaled it. Your insurance company should reimburse you the fair market value of the car and then go after the dealership's insurance to get their money back.

If the dealership had any decency, it would pay the difference between what your insurance reimburses and the cost of a new ZL1.

Like others have suggested, get yourself a good lawyer and be patient. This could take a while to settle.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Looks like you just got yourself a brand new Z28! Look on the bright side! Watch Chevy contact you and be on their knees! Contact chevrolet and they should have that dealer shut down. Chevy has never been someone to treat their owners like that. Ugh reading this upsets me..
Old 12-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
That's wild. Get a lawyer ASAP
Old 12-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Yeah, this sucks. Probably worth a consultation with an attorney.
Otherwise, people love seeing these businesses called out on the local news.
Such publicity will cost far more in sales and service than helping you into a suitable replacement.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Looks like you just got yourself a brand new Z28! Look on the bright side! Watch Chevy contact you and be on their knees! Contact chevrolet and they should have that dealer shut down. Chevy has never been someone to treat their owners like that. Ugh reading this upsets me..
Might've able to own the dealership. This is BS good luck op

Ryan
Old 12-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Something as insane as this, I would also contact your local news station and tell them everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
Edwin320

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS M6
That sucks! Unless you signed a waiver absolving the dealership of all responsibility (highly unlikely), their position is a joke, a bad joke. I'm not so sure you'd be entitled to a 2014 ZL1 to replace your 2012 though, but an attorney could tell you for sure. Hire one sooner rather than later.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: 02 SS SLP
Considering their employee essentially stole your car while it was in the dealers' posession,they owe you a new '14 with zero out of pocket. IMHO.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #32
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Go Public
Hire a Well Known and a Hardass Lawyer to bring them to their knees.
Call the BBB
Call GM and raise hell on the dealership
RECORD EVERYTHING
Keep Everything on File / on Voice / on Record / Pictures Etc.

Do not settle for less, they owe you a brand new car and deserve to be shut down for this criminal activity and refusing the fact they are at fault.

On side note pull out some civil justice on the punk who stole the car, so he can never get another job at a dealership again.

Reading this brings a a flame inside me , i mean holy crap today's people are so pathetic to even accept the fact they are at fault.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #33
novaman
Drives 2013 ZL1 Convt.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convt. 1972 lsx nova
I had this happen to me with a dodge ram 2500 the dealership (of course being nice) had one of the salesmen take my truck to fill it with LSD and was totaled when he pulled out of the gas station, the paid the truck off and put me in a 10 2500 free of charge, thats service, never had to threaten nothing took me upstairs and told me to pick any 2500 slt long bed i wanted, rolled the payment that was left, the truck totaled was a 08 2500 4x4 sport, now my loyalty will always be at that dealership and have bought numerous work trucks.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #34
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
On Sunday, December 15, 2013, my prized 2012 Camaro ZL1 took its last breath at 4:47 pm. The car was at the dealer in Georgetown, DE for paint issues (under warranty). It had been locked in the service bay over the weekend. On Sunday afternoon, an employee of the dealership (service writer) entered the locked building, removed the keys to my car from the service department, and went on a joyride. The car was totaled when he lost control and sheared off a telephone pole.
not responsible.... uh WHEN the hell did paint issues require a TEST drive???
there is the FIRST clue that something was wrong about this story... next thought is what would warrant a hard test ride that results in a wreck that TOTALS the car.... if it was a small bump or fender bender this would be acceptable and the dealership would need to correct the issue... but something is COMPLETELY wrong with this whole thing...

1. Contact GM and demand to speak to the Regional Service manger
2. Contact a lawyer and seek legal advise
3. I would think that dealership insurance should be public knowledge
4. call GM daily until someone responds and gives you a satifactory answer
Ex- BMW service manager and warranty admin mode off....

on a personal note I am so incredibly sorry to hear this man good luck and yes please please keep us posted!

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1