Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #376
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Tell the dealer i will help with the cost! I will send them a few $k for the motor as long as its in good running condition.

The rest sucks big time!!
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
Old 12-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #377
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
What will end up happening won't turn out pretty...

> Dealer locates a Used ZL1 that he can get you
> Insurance eventually pays you for the value of your totaled ZL1 (GEICO sucks with this from past experiences)
> Dealer sells you the Used ZL1 that he can locate
> Or you can buy it from another dealer and make the travel
> Your insurance will pay you for rental usage for its maximum allowance if selected
> You will need to pay any upfront expenses and wait for reimbursement
> you will take the driver to court and sue for what you paid out of pocket (so make sure you do not sign any documents with opposing insurance companies if/when the time comes indicating you are relinquishing them from any future suits - they do do this)
> you name the dealership in a separate lawsuit for not having a secure key drop box or warning that the key drop box is not secure.

As much as we'd love to see you walk away with a brand new ZL1, the reality is that insurance is to make you whole, not better; and this is why we carry insurance, is for unimaginable things like this happening.

Then we sue, and you will most likely win, but then you have to collect. that is the hard part. Collecting from the driver = near impossible. Collecting from the dealership if you win would be easier.

Good luck.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #378
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Sounds like a case for Judge Judy. She'd attack the employee who took the car like a badger.
It's a long shot, but I think her producers would want the case.

The show pays each party around $10k to be on the show. The loser then gets the judgment taken out of their end. The loser doesn't have to pay the judgment, he just gets a smaller check for appearing on the show.

I only mention this because if the OP has to sue the employee (who he said lives in a trailer park and is now unemployed) he'll never collect. You can't get blood from a stone. The employee might even agree to be on the show, as he won't have an open judgment against him.

Judge Judy makes me laugh whenever I see her attack morons.

Last edited by BigBoyBlue; 12-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #379
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenangels89 View Post
What will end up happening won't turn out pretty...

> Dealer locates a Used ZL1 that he can get you
> Insurance eventually pays you for the value of your totaled ZL1 (GEICO sucks with this from past experiences)
> Dealer sells you the Used ZL1 that he can locate
> Or you can buy it from another dealer and make the travel
> Your insurance will pay you for rental usage for its maximum allowance if selected
> You will need to pay any upfront expenses and wait for reimbursement
> you will take the driver to court and sue for what you paid out of pocket (so make sure you do not sign any documents with opposing insurance companies if/when the time comes indicating you are relinquishing them from any future suits - they do do this)
> you name the dealership in a separate lawsuit for not having a secure key drop box or warning that the key drop box is not secure.

As much as we'd love to see you walk away with a brand new ZL1, the reality is that insurance is to make you whole, not better; and this is why we carry insurance, is for unimaginable things like this happening.

Then we sue, and you will most likely win, but then you have to collect. that is the hard part. Collecting from the driver = near impossible. Collecting from the dealership if you win would be easier.

Good luck.
This ^

As much as I'd like to get a new car in this situation, I just don't see it happening.

AND, for the record . . . that $%@$#@^#$%&^%$& needs to be punished.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #380
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
F UM...sue for fraudulent misrepresentation...
Old 12-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #381
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
This post is going on and on,there are people which i understand have not read the posting from the start,all that is going on now is a lot of people who don't really understand the law,and how every state is different keep talking about this and that,and how insurance will replace his car with a new one,or how the police can press charges,how they understand which insurance company is liable for it...etc etc... a..
the fact of the matter,is that there are some facts about this case that most of you do not know anything about..go back and pls read my posts on page 7...I have been in contact with the OP on many different occasions on this subject,as well as the dealer...a quick lesson for a few of you..a lawyer does not work for free....they charge up to 350hr or 45 % of the recovered amount plus all other court costs,and fees for meeting with court reporters which can cost up to 1500 per meeting with recording on video as well,and fees for a judge to mediate the meetings etc etc..so that 45% can be equal to 60% really fast...so say he gets a new car which the value is 60 the lawyer will want 25k easy depending on how the agreement is arranged.could be as low as 15k if its by the hour..even if its all done really fast say the lawyer only wants 10k..fine .the OP has to pay that,it takes a court order to get the charges picked up by the dealer....or the dealer agrees to pay that as well as paying for a new car..good luck with that...

So even if the OP gets a new ZL1 less the lawyers fees,he wont be able to a afford to purchase it,or even a used one..as silly as that sounds...i know a letter from a lawyer is cheap,but the dealer will start by passing it onto the insurance company,another thing some of you may not understand or know is that when you agree to take the payout to settle the lien on a wrecked car you also agree not to sue the insured as well.because the insurance acts as the lawyer,judge,& jury for all of it,unless you turn down the pay off for your lein,and then go to court for real...
The dealer has offered to cover the gap if there is any between the insurance pay out,and the price of a replacement 2012 ZL1 which under the law and any insurance guide line is all the OP is entitled to,no matter what some of you may think..if the op had been driving the car and he was hit and injured then ,yes he when be entitled to pain ,and suffering all of the things that gets someone the extra funds some of you seem to think he is owed.
Anyway by everyone continuing to bother or harass the dealer its just making it harder for the OP to get the extra help from the dealer that the dealer does not have to do,but is still willing to last i heared,even after everything that has gone on...

offering to send a few k for the motor is not helping,if you really want to help the op just send him the cash direct..as i posted before and the op as well under the states law the neither the op or the dealer can retain the ZL1 or can they purchase it back or sell anything from or off of it.That is the state law,it has to go to a salvage yard,and then and only then can parts be sold off of it..but the yard has to purchase it through a auction site..
none of this issue is as cut and dry as some of you guys seem to think it is...There are some issues that prevent the OP from hiring a lawyer,as they wont work for free,and its not my place to discuss his personal financial issues.. i wish both of them good luck,happy holidays..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
Old 12-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #382
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Ok, confirmation. It's real. I just saw it on the NBC10 news in Philadelphia. On their 6 PM broadcast they're going to have the story on it with the owner.

I'm gonna sit here and watch and report back.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #383
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Maybe some lawyer will do it pro bono in order to get some exposure.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #384
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6
Channel10 news in Philly at 6 pm today is covering the story. Btw my uncle is the camera man. I just want all u people too put yourself in Mr. Hoopers shoes. I guarantee most of you want a new car. And to tell you the truth I would too. Especially the way I have taken care of it. Yes I have children and a wife and yes they are the most important thing to me but my ZL1 is also important to me. Just not as important to me as my FAMILY are....the dealership is just plain and simple liable for the incident regardless that the fact is they we're closed. They gave that criminal the keys to the dealership. Period. They are on the hook for it. Just my .02. Good luck Mr. Hooper. Most of us are behind you
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #385
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Ok, confirmation. It's real. I just saw it on the NBC10 news in Philadelphia. On their 6 PM broadcast they're going to have the story on it with the owner.

Cool. They even have live streaming from their website, but sadly I'll miss it at 6pm.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #386
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
Channel10 news in Philly at 6 pm today is covering the story. Btw my uncle is the camera man. I just want all u people too put yourself in Mr. Hoopers shoes. I guarantee most of you want a new car. And to tell you the truth I would too. Especially the way I have taken care of it. Yes I have children and a wife and yes they are the most important thing to me but my ZL1 is also important to me. Just not as important to me as my FAMILY are....the dealership is just plain and simple liable for the incident regardless that the fact is they we're closed. They gave that criminal the keys to the dealership. Period. They are on the hook for it. Just my .02. Good luck Mr. Hooper. Most of us are behind you
Yup, look up two posts
Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #387
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
streaming now:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...158473335.html
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #388
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Quote:

Thanks for the tip! thanks for the internet!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #389
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Chevy isn't going to like this.

Probably airing in the next 5-10 minutes.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #390
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Airing NOW!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #391
frankzlt1

Drives: 1996 ss camaro #1762
Just saw the news reel.Good luck Mr Hooper with everything. Hope the dealer will do the right thing.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #392
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Yep, aside from saying it was a 2011, it was a nice little summation of the story and I like the fact that they couldn't get the actual owner on the phone and they had to talk to the owners son.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #393
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
unreal.. i'm lost for words seeing this. wouldn't want to live that at all..
hope for him he gets a new Z
Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #394
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Yep, aside from saying it was a 2011, it was a nice little summation of the story and I like the fact that they couldn't get the actual owner on the phone and they had to talk to the owners son.
I missed it. Anyway to watch it again?
Old 12-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #395
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
I missed it. Anyway to watch it again?
I'm looking through the website. It doesn't appear to be on the website just yet.

the link is: www.nbcphiladelphia.com
Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #396
jdarc1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Unfortunately gen =5 is correct. I had a similar situation with a valuable item in for repairs at a very prestigious facility. One of their employees went in at night after hours and robbed the place along with everyone items. I had to go through my insurance company to get reimbursed and my ins. Company went after the establishments ins.company. I only got what my item was worth at the time of the theft. Nothing more or less. I know it sucks but its the truth. Actually I was not entitled to anything more. I was made whole. The original op is only entitled to be made whole again for what his vehicle was worth at the time of the incident. It does suck but its a reality. Now the dealership as a good gesture should work with him to get him back to where he was but its not mandatory.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #397
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarc1 View Post
Unfortunately gen =5 is correct. I had a similar situation with a valuable item in for repairs at a very prestigious facility. One of their employees went in at night after hours and robbed the place along with everyone items. I had to go through my insurance company to get reimbursed and my ins. Company went after the establishments ins.company. I only got what my item was worth at the time of the theft. Nothing more or less. I know it sucks but its the truth. Actually I was not entitled to anything more. I was made whole. The original op is only entitled to be made whole again for what his vehicle was worth at the time of the incident. It does suck but its a reality. Now the dealership as a good gesture should work with him to get him back to where he was but its not mandatory.
You know, when you put it in those terms, I still think the OP only gets made whole with a new car.

Let me put it like this, now that you phrase it this way. If I had my Rolex, which I purchased new, in for repairs and it disappeared, I would not accept so called "market value" or a replacement used watch. I would take exactly and only a new equivalent.

That being stated, we're sitting here thinking that a new ZL1 will cost the dealership some unimaginable amount of money over what the insurance payout will be. Wrong, it wouldn't cost them that much. They wouldn't pay a sales commission on it and they would be paying actual cost on it. So basically they are being putzes by not just saying they'll take care of it.

Doesn't matter that much to me. I'll probably never be in a position to buy from that dealership as I probably won't live anywhere near there for no other reason than just because. But you never know what jobs might come my way. However, I'm sure this will end up costing them some business from members on this forum that will buy a car in that area at some point in the future and will drive a little further to go to another dealership.

Sorry I missed the live stream. Hopefully it will be up on the news' site soon for viewing.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #398
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Ok, I'm sorry, but is anyone else seeing an advertisement for 1st State Chevrolet on the NBC10 website?
Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #399
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
How much is a used ZL1 worth though? I would think they could work a deal out on a new 2013 ZL1 at least.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #400
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Ok, I'm sorry, but is anyone else seeing an advertisement for 1st State Chevrolet on the NBC10 website?
I didn't see it

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1