Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #463
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 UPDATE 12/30

I have been laying low upon advice of my attorney, but I wanted to give everyone an update.

The dealer's general manager called this morning and asked that I come over to discuss a settlement with him. He told me the dealership WOULD make good on replacing my ZL1.

In the meantime, let's not continue to try the dealership in the court of public opinion. Hopefully we can all post good comments about the dealership and remove the negative ones.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #464
1LESSPROBLEM

Drives: blown
Hopefully they give you a new ZL1, that would only be the right thing to do. And to keep your insurance company out of it.
Cam
Weld
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #465
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
I have been laying low upon advice of my attorney, but I wanted to give everyone an update.

The dealer's general manager called this morning and asked that I come over to discuss a settlement with him. He told me the dealership WOULD make good on replacing my ZL1.

In the meantime, let's not continue to try the dealership in the court of public opinion. Hopefully we can all post good comments about the dealership and remove the negative ones.
They should have manned up from the beginning:(
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #466
restore-z28

Drives: 1969 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
They should have manned up from the beginning:(
I would agree, if this dealership had done the right thing from the start I am sure you never would have posted and defended your position in a public forum. Glad to hear the Dealership will try again to make you whole, I would like to think all the folks that posted to their Facebook page and on this thread made the difference. Rather than asking them to remove the negative posts I would suggest leaving them in place. Understand fully the Owner of the Dealership had nothing to do with the situation but the fact he called you a prick and would not resolve the issue after the accident speaks volumes about their business practices.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #467
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
I think they finally understand the severity of the issue. They probably never imagined the negative publicity this was gonna do. I would also tell them to press charges to the fullest extent on their former employee.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #468
BHW7

Drives: 2010 2SS
Restore I tend to disagree, it seems like the whole reason the issue got out of hand betweeen the Op and dealer was the mob mentality of some individuals. A situation like this takes time to resolve and it just wasn't given time to play out by the insurance companies before the negativity started. Now as for the dude who took the car everybody knows he is the true problem behind all this.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #469
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post

Appease those suckers , really .
Say good things about them ?
And remove the NEGATIVE ONES , are out of your mind .
Those jackals are/were trying to run over you , and now that the ropes are getting around their necks , all of this according to YOUR OWN WORDS
I do understand the way you are acting , but the shit that they made you walk on , it's not right .
Just stay away from here for a while until. The case is solved , per dealer/lawyer advice
But on the end you may get what's right , not because they wanted to make it right , but because you came in here and tell your story , just keep it in mind !!!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #470
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
Can't speak for NY.
In PA they are.
Where in PA do you live?

I've never had my cars driven for inspection purposes in all of PA. Turned on yes, driven, nope.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #471
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Going by the HORRIBLY LENGTHY ORDEAL the M5 owner had to deal with, I assume unfortunately even THIS owner will not experience anything less.

In otherwords, we are likely to see this be a LENGTHY ONGOING ordeal of what should really be a SIMPLE FIX (take responsibility)..

I feel SO incredibly sorry for what the owner is going thru, and when he likely *WILL* have to go thru before this is rectified.

The difference here is that the owners car is TOTALED other than the fact that the M5 was still salvageable (and ended up being reused by the owner).

I hope what I have said is NOT the case and things will go THE RIGHT WAY for john. :-(

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #472
Stecky

Drives: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Where in PA do you live?

I've never had my cars driven for inspection purposes in all of PA. Turned on yes, driven, nope.
Same State you do.
Look it up. Chapter E
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/inspections/pub_45.shtml
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PA INSP.pdf (45.9 KB, 274 views)
Old 12-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #473
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post
Going by the HORRIBLY LENGTHY ORDEAL the M5 owner had to deal with, I assume unfortunately even THIS owner will not experience anything less.

In otherwords, we are likely to see this be a LENGTHY ONGOING ordeal of what should really be a SIMPLE FIX (take responsibility)..

I feel SO incredibly sorry for what the owner is going thru, and when he likely *WILL* have to go thru before this is rectified.

The difference here is that the owners car is TOTALED other than the fact that the M5 was still salvageable (and ended up being reused by the owner).

I hope what I have said is NOT the case and things will go THE RIGHT WAY for john. :-(
The M5 was Totaled but the owner was able to repurchase the car from the insurance company (Texas) and rebuilt the car which is branded Salvage...so, you really have to love the car to do what the M5 owner did. The damage was more than the retail value of the car and it looked NOTHING like the ZL1 the owner here lost. I hope that John is given a car as good or better than the one that was destroyed. And I hope it is done quickly.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #474
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
Same State you do.
Look it up. Chapter E
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/inspections/pub_45.shtml
My vehicles have always been driven. Don't see a way around it unless you know someone who does the old "lick and stick".
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #475
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
PQ

AMEN. own my own business and I cant believe how many people think they are great employees, I have 15 people working for me 3 are great 2 are ok the rest are just another guy. No one understands all the hidden costs till the try to open a business and fail. I cant wait till mine is big enough to sell it and retire and as a business owner my idea of retiring is to stop working 70-80 hours a week and only do 40 hours a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post

TSA?

Padre
That was only for the person I quoted. You three were just tagged in the rest of my post. lol
Old 12-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #476
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wow, so not only are businesses supposed to share ownership with their employees without ANY liability going to the employee but the business is also supposed to be liable FOR the employee 24/7?

If service based jobs could go overseas we'd have nothing left.

It would be a good business decision for the dealer to make it right by the customer ASAP. But we go back to the notion that people should be FORCED to make the decisions they make.

This mentality is sickening to me.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1