Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But does he recommend it? I doubt IPF does...especially not with their warrantied setups. If you don't have their extended warranty, then I'm guessing they may not care.

But I was told by Arno (I think??...its been a while) that 9 psi was basically the max on the standard system and they felt that was a strong but safe level for an other stock LLT. I've never seen him say much about using a smaller pulley for more boost.

In fact, I've seen him say that using higher boost can result in less power in some cases ( I can't remember exactly why right now)...but if the tune for it is good, and the fuel is there I don't see why it wouldn't make more power.
Is it recommended, No probably not. These Kits hit 10psi when you ring it out to 7200 rpm, and what him and I were talking about 14psi at 7200 rpm, the main goal was to have more power down a little lower. Arno said that there should be no fuel problems at 14psi... but Iv gone lean at the top of 4th so I know I'm not getting enough fuel at the top end. Im dying for the HPTuners, I want some one in my car when they tune it...

as for the less power with more boost, I think thats due to the high compression, need to retard the timing to much. I don't know if thats a problem the 14.. I think Gretch and Cant_See_Me ran 14 for awhile with few engine problems.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #16
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
I've been running 14#s with no fueling issues

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #17
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
HP you have a "stock" LFX right? as far as pistons, stroke...
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #18
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
HP you have a "stock" LFX right? as far as pistons, stroke...
far from stock. but yes all stock internals.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote