Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #1301
McCarthy

Drives: 2014 Mustang
What people such as PQ are missing is this;

If they called Mr. Hooper the monday after this happened and said "We are very sorry, we had a rogue employee break into the dealership and totalled your vehicle. While this is a very trying time for us here at the dealership, as well as you, we would like to offer our heartfelt apologies and assure you we will make this right again"

Then offered the car with 3k more miles + $4,000 cash, i'd be able to see reason for John to take it. HOWEVER, they offered this after what? Two weeks? Three? Of beating around the bush and trying to get out of it in every possible way.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #1302
ZZ572
720R

Drives: 1973 Camaro 572
I don't own a Gen5 Camaro ('73 for me), but several of my family members do. I came here near the beginning, hoping to voice my support for the OP, but quickly found anything I would've said had been and will be repeated 100 times over (other than if my dealer called me a prick or compared me to the criminal who stole my car, they'd no longer get my respect or the benefit of any doubt...and that's all I have to say about that).

But, I did want to comment on the vendors here who are offering to ease the pain a little. It speaks volumes of your service, and I know I can feel confident in your business. Needless to say, a LED Interior upgrade, a cold-air intake, and a nice sway bar will fit nicely for upcoming birthdays, and I'd like you to know you've caught the attention and gained a customer who might have not known about your business, had it not been for your class act in this matter! Thank you, Diode Dynamics, CAI, and PFADT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
jhoop302,

When you get your new ZL1, please send me a PM with your shipping address or give me a call: (314) 205-3033 ext. 206

I will make sure you receive a free Diode Dynamics full interior LED conversion kit for your new ZL1. http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...o-led-kit.html

We wish you the best of luck with this situation and hope you receive the best resolution. No customer should ever have to deal with this hardship.

Thanks,

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
jhoop302-

We have been following this thread since the beginning and really feel bad for what you and your wife are having to go through with the loss of your ZL1. One of the things we pride ourselves on here is customer service, and since you have had to face a nightmare with this whole ordeal, we would like to show you that there are still companies out there that value their customers. I don't believe that you had our CAI on your original ZL1, but we would be honored to have our CAI on your new Camaro. We would like to offer you a brand new CAI for the replacement vehicle once you receive it. Just give us a call, ask for Bill, and I'll make sure you have something to smile about, hell, we'll even throw in a few Microfiber Detailing cloths to keep it clean!

If you want to check out the specs of the system, here they are: http://www.coldairinductions.com/201...d-black-finish

I see that PFADT racing did right by you too!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
jhoop302 -

You have experienced all of our worst nightmares with what happened to you and your wife's ZL1 Camaro. Everyone here is shocked about your experience and want to do something to help ease the pain and get you excited about your next Camaro. We'd like to offer you a set of our ZL-Spec Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars for your next Camaro, free of charge. We hope you can put this behind you and fall in love with your next Camaro. Let us know when you have picked out your new vehicle and we will hook you up.

-take it easy

Kerry @ Pfadt

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2012-ca...ble-sway-bars/

Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #1303
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
What people such as PQ are missing is this;

If they called Mr. Hooper the monday after this happened and said "We are very sorry, we had a rogue employee break into the dealership and totalled your vehicle. While this is a very trying time for us here at the dealership, as well as you, we would like to offer our heartfelt apologies and assure you we will make this right again"

Then offered the car with 3k more miles + $4,000 cash, i'd be able to see reason for John to take it. HOWEVER, they offered this after what? Two weeks? Three? Of beating around the bush and trying to get out of it in every possible way.

However the Dealership lost Possession of the vehicle when the service writer took the car and the keys for a joy ride. Dealerships obligations ceased at that point with anything to do with the car. Period. That is why the cops didn't require the dealership to provide insurance for the accident... The accident report will have Nothing to do with the dealership on it aside the thief taking it from there. It would not have mattered who took the car. As soon as they fired that baby up they were responsible.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #1304
rraff
Banned

Drives: Roof & 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
You couldn't be more wrong! I've been a member of Camaro5 for quite some time but couldn't for the life of me remember my old username and password, I don't live on internet forums like some, lol.

I'm a performance car enthusiast who has owned both Ford and Chevrolet products as well as others and may just pull the trigger on a C7 once my GT500 is paid for and if I do, I'll purchase that car from First State Chevrolet! They have treated my family well for over 25 years and I feel as badly for them as I do the Hoopers..
No Mas Panto lonase
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #1305
McCarthy

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
However the Dealership lost Possession of the vehicle when the service writer took the car and the keys for a joy ride. Dealerships obligations ceased at that point with anything to do with the car. Period. That is why the cops didn't require the dealership to provide insurance for the accident... The accident report will have Nothing to do with the dealership on it aside the thief taking it from there. It would not have mattered who took the car. As soon as they fired that baby up they were responsible.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #1306
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraff View Post
No Mas Panto lonase

Not sure what that means nor do I have the inclination to look it up, how about in English?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #1307
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Diddo on all below...And thanks for being a class act business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ572 View Post
I don't own a Gen5 Camaro ('73 for me), but several of my family members do. I came here near the beginning, hoping to voice my support for the OP, but quickly found anything I would've said had been and will be repeated 100 times over (other than if my dealer called me a prick or compared me to the criminal who stole my car, they'd no longer get my respect or the benefit of any doubt...and that's all I have to say about that).

But, I did want to comment on the vendors here who are offering to ease the pain a little. It speaks volumes of your service, and I know I can feel confident in your business. Needless to say, a LED Interior upgrade, a cold-air intake, and a nice sway bar will fit nicely for upcoming birthdays, and I'd like you to know you've caught the attention and gained a customer who might have not known about your business, had it not been for your class act in this matter! Thank you, Diode Dynamics, CAI, and PFADT!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #1308
idon'tremember

Drives: pos s-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
do you seriously believe that???
do you have any idea what garage keepers insurance is?
http://www.dealers-insurance.com/gar...agekeepers.php
and yes i have at one time in my life owned a dealership and was required by law to carry that insurance to be able to have a dealer's license
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #1309
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
Yeah. I don't get that one.
Dealer had it, lost it, are responsible for it, period.

I don't care if the virgin Mary came and got it, it was entrusted to them, and they assumed liability for it's safekeeping when they accepted it into their possession. Whether the dealer lost possession or not is inconsequential - they assumed the risk, liability, and responsibility for it when accepting it. How their own insurance isn't covering it, I have a hard time understanding.

Say, they have a rogue employee who does an inside job and they steal 10 Corvettes on a Sunday. You mean to tell me they have no coverage for this? I find that hard to believe. I can't fathom how the OPs insurance would get stuck with this, unless it's a "we'll cover now, and go after the dealer's insurance" situation.

As to being a shill for the dealer, be pretty hard considering I'm in Florida
I use this same nick on gm-volt.com forums, and (inactive since I unloaded the Cobalt SS) have a history at cobaltss.net.

I've just been thinking logically. Dealer is responsible, no doubt, and should have handled it better, and WAY quicker. However, this is almost like an episode of "Leverage" the way it's been played out...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #1310
rraff
Banned

Quote:
Not sure what that means nor do I have the inclination to look it up, how about in English?
Liar Liar pants on Fire D.F.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1311
TurtleTamer

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post

As to being a shill for the dealer, be pretty hard considering I'm in Florida
The thought crossed my mind on you, yes, but for the record I'd like to say that I don't believe that about you. Too many statements of pure logic that I happen to agree with, and I think you do a good job of keeping neutral.

As for GT500guy, I don't have the balls to openly and DIRECTLY accuse you of such, but to clarify: I do wonder about it in general, and based solely on your claim of familiarization with the dealer as well as being (seemingly) blindly on their side, when there has been some obvious mismanagement of the situation, then there's enough evidence for me to justify a suspicion. It's also completely within the realm of plausibility that this would happen, as evidenced by the obviously fake reviews on google-plus. When the negative ones all have been left by people with names, and the positive ones are ALL five stars and ALL made by "A Google User" (at least the past five or ten, didn't look further back than that) then I'm pretty well convinced that these reviews are plants by someone in cooperation with the dealership.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1312
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong! I've been a member of Camaro5 for quite some time but couldn't for the life of me remember my old username and password, I don't live on internet forums like some, lol.
This is true.. PM sent.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1313
rraff
Banned

Quote:
I guess I should update my profile too: I drive a 2014 Mercedes Benz 450 SLC
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #1314
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Liar Liar pants on Fire D.F.
Interesting, you know nothing about me but because I've tried to interject logic into a heated debate, I'm a liar.. If that makes you sleep better at night, have at it!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #1315
rraff
Banned

Quote:
Interesting, you know nothing about me but because I've tried to interject logic into a heated debate, I'm a liar.. If that makes you sleep better at night, have at it!
I think ya been here as long as I have. I do not have a dog in this fight. I say you may or may not be sleeping with the owners (s)
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #1316
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTamer View Post
The thought crossed my mind on you, yes, but for the record I'd like to say that I don't believe that about you. Too many statements of pure logic that I happen to agree with, and I think you do a good job of keeping neutral.

As for GT500guy, I don't have the balls to openly and DIRECTLY accuse you of such, but to clarify: I do wonder about it in general, and based solely on your claim of familiarization with the dealer as well as being (seemingly) blindly on their side, when there has been some obvious mismanagement of the situation, then there's enough evidence for me to justify a suspicion. It's also completely within the realm of plausibility that this would happen, as evidenced by the obviously fake reviews on google-plus. When the negative ones all have been left by people with names, and the positive ones are ALL five stars and ALL made by "A Google User" (at least the past five or ten, didn't look further back than that) then I'm pretty well convinced that these reviews are plants by someone in cooperation with the dealership.
I went down a similar road, except mine didn't have a cliff at the end. And I visited that road twice, Feb-Apr 2012 (gm-volt link: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....w-Car-Question), and July-Aug 2012 (GM-Volt link: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....f-the-story...)

So in 7 months, I went through 3 Volts! The last one has been phenomenal, 16mos, and about 13K miles so far.

I'm neutral, but leaning towards the OP in that he needs to be righted, and a this point, I think it has reached the point where they should provide a new, equivalent 2014 ZL1, and everyone move on.

However, I think the way the dealer's been treated, with the information we have, has been very unfair... again, with the info we have.
They've been charged, tried, convicted, and hanged in the court of public opinion, and haven't even had their day in said court.

When the Hoopers get their ZL1, their nightmare will be over.

For the dealer, it's just beginning. The internet does not easily forgive.

Do they deserve it? I dunno... time will tell. I'm a 3rd party, do not know the OP, do not know the dealer.
If they didn't, problem is, you can't erase the InterWebz. Once stuff is there, it is there forever...

My fear, is that when everything is said and done, we're all going to have an "Oh shit" moment, myself included.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #1317
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
I think ya been here as long as I have. I do not have a dog in this fight. I say you may or may not be sleeping with the owners (s)
There are a whole bunch of new people in this thread due to external links. If you're only here to call someone out then maybe you're in the wrong place. Please take a look at the site rules... specifically #1
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #1318
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 UPDATE 1/13/2014

Just a quick update for everyone...

1. I never demanded a new car. I merely stated that I should not HAVE to be forced to buy a new [read "different"] car when mine was totaled through no fault of my own. If I had been driving the car, I would accept the loss.

2. The difference in price between a good, used 2012 ZL1 and a new 2013 ZL1 is only about $5-6K considering rebates, etc.

3. Yes, the OP really was to just let everyone know what happened to #1635 that appeared on the ZL1 registry many months ago.

4. We actually made 3 payments on the car while the car was in the dealer's possession while they tried to figure out what to do about the paint issues [read "left the car there for weeks on end without actually doing anything."] I believe the last time I drove the car was the weekend of October 25, 2013.

5. GM and Berger Chevrolet (Grand Rapids, Michigan) have stepped in and are paving [not paying] the way for a new 2013 ZL1 to be sent to First State Chevrolet for me to purchase.

6. We have apologized to many of the employees at First State for the actions taken by many of the people who have been infuriated by this whole story and have called First State to voice their opinions. Anyone who thinks the dealership has not been affected by all of this must have his head in the sand.

7. We want to thank everyone for their support. We never expected this to take on a whole life of its own. A special thanks goes out to the suppliers who have so graciously stepped up to provide parts at their own expense to help ease the heartache we have experienced in this ordeal.

8. I am not the biggest tech guy out there, and I have never made it a practice to post on forums, don't have a Facebook page, etc. But I do plan to stick around on this forum, and I hope to meet many of you in person at various events.

9. When the situation is resolved, I will post photos of the new car. I understand that it will be about two weeks before the insurance check is cut, the old car is paid off, the new car arrives, and a new purchase contract will be signed by my wife and I for the PURCHASE of our new ZL1.

Thanks,
JRH (jhoop302)
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #1319
marine_142
Mark

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Nice! WTG Berger Chevy! http://www.bergerchevy.com/index.htm
Cant wait to see photos.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #1320
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post

1. I never demanded a new car. I merely stated that I should not HAVE to be forced to buy a new [read "different"] car when mine was totaled through no fault of my own. If I had been driving the car, I would accept the loss.

2. The difference in price between a good, used 2012 ZL1 and a new 2013 ZL1 is only about $5-6K considering rebates, etc.

3. Yes, the OP really was to just let everyone know what happened to #1635 that appeared on the ZL1 registry many months ago.

4. We actually made 3 payments on the car while the car was in the dealer's possession while they tried to figure out what to do about the paint issues [read "left the car there for weeks on end without actually doing anything."] I believe the last time I drove the car was the weekend of October 25, 2013.

5. GM and Berger Chevrolet (Grand Rapids, Michigan) have stepped in and are paving [not paying] the way for a new 2013 ZL1 to be sent to First State Chevrolet for me to purchase.

6. We have apologized to many of the employees at First State for the actions taken by many of the people who have been infuriated by this whole story and have called First State to voice their opinions. Anyone who thinks the dealership has not been affected by all of this must have his head in the sand.

7. We want to thank everyone for their support. We never expected this to take on a whole life of its own. A special thanks goes out to the suppliers who have so graciously stepped up to provide parts at their own expense to help ease the heartache we have experienced in this ordeal.

8. I am not the biggest tech guy out there, and I have never made it a practice to post on forums, don't have a Facebook page, etc. But I do plan to stick around on this forum, and I hope to meet many of you in person at various events.

9. When the situation is resolved, I will post photos of the new car. I understand that it will be about two weeks before the insurance check is cut, the old car is paid off, the new car arrives, and a new purchase contract will be signed by my wife and I for the PURCHASE of our new ZL1.

Thanks,
JRH (jhoop302)
Best of Luck - Look forward to seeing the pics of your new ZL1
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #1321
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
jhoop302-

We have been following this thread since the beginning and really feel bad for what you and your wife are having to go through with the loss of your ZL1. One of the things we pride ourselves on here is customer service, and since you have had to face a nightmare with this whole ordeal, we would like to show you that there are still companies out there that value their customers. I don't believe that you had our CAI on your original ZL1, but we would be honored to have our CAI on your new Camaro. We would like to offer you a brand new CAI for the replacement vehicle once you receive it. Just give us a call, ask for Bill, and I'll make sure you have something to smile about, hell, we'll even throw in a few Microfiber Detailing cloths to keep it clean!

If you want to check out the specs of the system, here they are: http://www.coldairinductions.com/201...d-black-finish

I see that PFADT racing did right by you too!!
WOW! I am beyond moved by your generosity. When the new car arrives, I will be sure to contact you.

I am SO glad to be part of this forum.
John
Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #1322
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
I'm so glad it has worked out!!!

I was looking forward to speaking to you..

Becky
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #1323
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Glad to hear that resolution is forthcoming and that it meets or exceeds your expectations.

Since you will be conducting the purchase through First State, it appears that satisfaction has been met and hopefully folks that have not done business with them will refrain from further bashing since the issue is being handled.

Look forward to the Hoopers continued participation on the forums here.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #1324
cant_get_rite

Drives: 2013 CRT/2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post

Thanks,
JRH (jhoop302)

Good luck Mr. Hooper. I hope you get the car that you want because you definitely deserve it
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #1325
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 1SS/1LE...in 2014
a resolution at last Congrats for Mr. and Mrs. Hooper on this accord, for GM and Berger Chevrolet in helping to resolve this dreadful situation that both parties were involved in. Looking forward to pics John.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1