Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #1451
I call it Vera
 
Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
I really would like to know what the true facts are.
yeah, come on, tell us the facts.

Still haven't had my T/F statements refuted.
Be interesting to see if those aren't factual.
I call it Vera is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #1452
436SS
 
436SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: INDY
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
I really would like to know what the true facts are.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
436SS is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1453
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
Actually there are a few folks on here who have enough common sense to see things beyond one persons claims. A day ago I said I wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here and I won't, at least not yet but unlike you and the majority of people on here,I know both the facts and the truth.
Spit them out! What are you scared of?
__________________
cdjnight is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1454
436SS
 
436SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: INDY
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
yeah, come on, tell us the facts.

Still haven't had my T/F statements refuted.
Be interesting to see if those aren't factual.

Its all false Vera, its all false, LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck getting an answer!!!!!!
436SS is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #1455
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter
 
Drives: 2013 Volt
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
So, which one was false? Please enlighten my ignorance.
T
T
T
T

Noone denies the first 4.
5 is the standard answer, because that is usually how insurance works.
Call your OWN insurance provider, and run the scenario by them.

I called my State Farm agent, and they said this is called "subrogation." Hope I spelled it right...

They, as insurance for the car, would pay the claim, and then go after the dealer's insurance (subrogation) to cover the loss.

She mentioned another scenario she recently had...

Valet parker takes car for a joyride vs parking it, and damaged it. She (SF) paid the claim, and they went after the Hotel for recovery of damages.

She mentioned specifically, "Custody, Care, and Control" in regards to both scenarios, first being dealer responsibility, second being the hotel responsibility, in those two cases.

A little clearer?

She said it also MAY depend upon the particular insurance. She said SF does it as a matter of course, as it would speed things up, vs the lossee having to sue the at-fault party's insurance, and dragging it out if they weren't paying the loss in a timely manner.
Sharkonwheels is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #1456
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
Damn. Screwed two ways to Sunday. See:
1) I can't get the ZL1 if I get her a diamond necklace
2) No way in HELL I can say that with a straight face



Hoop, hope you enjoy your new ride, have many trouble-free and care-free miles, and we already magically know your first three mods
Two words: Cubic Zirconia

Straight face, mmmmm, you might have me on that one. Maybe tell her while watching the latest comedy movie on video, so you're laughing at the tv?
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1457
Mcarltonjr
 
Mcarltonjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
I really would like to know what the true facts are.
THIS! x1000
Mcarltonjr is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1458
I call it Vera
 
Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
T
T
T
T

Noone denies the first 4.
5 is the standard answer, because that is usually how insurance works.
Call your OWN insurance provider, and run the scenario by them.

I called my State Farm agent, and they said this is called "subrogation." Hope I spelled it right...

They, as insurance for the car, would pay the claim, and then go after the dealer's insurance (subrogation) to cover the loss.

She mentioned another scenario she recently had...

Valet parker takes car for a joyride vs parking it, and damaged it. She (SF) paid the claim, and they went after the Hotel for recovery of damages.

She mentioned specifically, "Custody, Care, and Control" in regards to both scenarios, first being dealer responsibility, second being the hotel responsibility, in those two cases.

A little clearer?

She said it also MAY depend upon the particular insurance. She said SF does it as a matter of course, as it would speed things up, vs the lossee having to sue the at-fault party's insurance, and dragging it out if they weren't paying the loss in a timely manner.
So, what you are saying is that 5 is also true?
Now, back to when you called me ignorant. I'm not clear on your logic here. You've validated all 5 statements as true and called me ignorant. Much appreciated on that. Thanks.

5 is still true. (I've always known that, tyvm. but shouldn't the dealer offer up their insurance information? As I understand it, they did not. <insert one of your scenarios> 2 parties, accident, exchange information <end scenario> That's just ballsy rude. Did the dealer offer their information?)
I call it Vera is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1459
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter
 
Drives: 2013 Volt
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Two words: Cubic Zirconia

Straight face, mmmmm, you might have me on that one. Maybe tell her while watching the latest comedy movie on video, so you're laughing at the tv?
I dunno man...

I might've used up all of my stupidity goodwill when she allowed me to get my BMW motorcycle in November. Might be pushing my luck.

Damn sexy cars, though.
Sharkonwheels is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #1460
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ572 View Post
But, I did want to comment on the vendors here who are offering to ease the pain a little. It speaks volumes of your service, and I know I can feel confident in your business. Needless to say, a LED Interior upgrade, a cold-air intake, and a nice sway bar will fit nicely for upcoming birthdays, and I'd like you to know you've caught the attention and gained a customer who might have not known about your business, had it not been for your class act in this matter! Thank you, Diode Dynamics, CAI, and PFADT!
Thank you, we really appreciate that!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1461
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter
 
Drives: 2013 Volt
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
So, what you are saying is that 5 is also true?
Now, back to when you called me ignorant. I'm not clear on your logic here. You've validated all 5 statements as true and called me ignorant. Much appreciated on that. Thanks.

5 is still true. (I've always known that, tyvm. but shouldn't the dealer offer up their insurance information? As I understand it, they did not. <insert one of your scenarios> 2 parties, accident, exchange information <end scenario> That's just ballsy rude. Did the dealer offer their information?)
You have me confused... THAT was not me, but that phrase actually means that's it's a different story when you don't know everything.

Doesn't literally mean he was calling you ignorant!
Sharkonwheels is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #1462
I call it Vera
 
Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
You have me confused... THAT was not me, but that phrase actually means that's it's a different story when you don't know everything.

Doesn't literally mean he was calling you ignorant!
You're right. wasn't you. I apologize on that. Sorry.
I call it Vera is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #1463
436SS
 
436SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: INDY
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
I dunno man...

I might've used up all of my stupidity goodwill when she allowed me to get my BMW motorcycle in November. Might be pushing my luck.

Damn sexy cars, though.

Get rid of the bike; you made a rash decission!!!!! Feed her mind a lil bit. Im sure you know how to play this game! LOL
436SS is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #1464
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter
 
Drives: 2013 Volt
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
Get rid of the bike; you made a rash decission!!!!! Feed her mind a lil bit. Im sure you know how to play this game! LOL
Niiiiiiiiice! Was that intended?!?

Dude... the bike is reeeeeeally nice, though.

K1300GT Sport Tourer. loaded, all options. Heated seats. Heated Grips. Electric windshield. Electronic suspension. Electronic cruise control. BMW/Garmin navi. Traction/stability control. ABS with partial-linked brakes.
Sharkonwheels is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #1465
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
that is true, perhaps unproven is the better description of his accusations.
but then that leads to why, without knowing the whole story, he went from just defending the dealer to attacking the Hooper's intentions?
just reading the PQ posts that I quoted, I wouldnt say that is level headed.
I got stronger in text because I was groing ever more baffled at the one sided opinions when we only had one side of the story.

Again, I do not know John Hooper or his wife. Don't think that I did not see that it may appear as if I were blasting the man personally.

Tell you what .... Go back and read them again and just put 'Person X' in all of my references of Hooper and put 'Person Y' in all of my references of the dealer. That's all I was saying. I said 'The OP' many times to try and keep that conveyance. My points were in that intention. Only as to how it appeared to me.

But never mind the appearance of me attacking John and his wife. My only intention was to try and get everyone to see that we only have one side of a complex story.
__________________
PQ is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #1466
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,403
We've gone as far as we can with this thread

We're closed
__________________
.
mlee is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.