Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #2521
krusher
 
krusher's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oskaloosa, IA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post




Has anyone thought about putting the ABS unit right where the rubber grommet comes through the fender well shown in the picture, the spot right below the diagonal brace? That is where I was planning on moving mine any problems with doing so? Also WTF is that metal canister on EZ speed's pic. I was just going to move my ABS there and put the wires through the same hole, but then I saw that and was wondering if I am missing something.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #2522
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
Has anyone thought about putting the ABS unit right where the rubber grommet comes through the fender well shown in the picture, the spot right below the diagonal brace? That is where I was planning on moving mine any problems with doing so? Also WTF is that metal canister on EZ speed's pic. I was just going to move my ABS there and put the wires through the same hole, but then I saw that and was wondering if I am missing something.
Looks like a Line Lock solenoid to me.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #2523
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
Has anyone thought about putting the ABS unit right where the rubber grommet comes through the fender well shown in the picture, the spot right below the diagonal brace? That is where I was planning on moving mine any problems with doing so? Also WTF is that metal canister on EZ speed's pic. I was just going to move my ABS there and put the wires through the same hole, but then I saw that and was wondering if I am missing something.
I posted other pictures were ABS is mounted exactly were you are looking to put yours. I'm just not sure if they are on this thread or the suspension thread. They also had made a sheild to cover the block. Looked really clean. That's how were would do it also if we weren't mounting it in the cabin.

Paul's right regarding on line lock.
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #2524
Ace1USMC
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 236
Nathan, where did you get the pieces for the front corners of the cylinder heads to plumb the coolant through -AN lines? I'd like to get those little pieces if they are available someplace. Thanks, and keep up the inspirational work!

BLESSINGS!
Sam
__________________
By His wounds...
Ace1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #2525
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Nathan, where did you get the pieces for the front corners of the cylinder heads to plumb the coolant through -AN lines? I'd like to get those little pieces if they are available someplace. Thanks, and keep up the inspirational work!

BLESSINGS!
Sam

Hey Sam! here you go http://www.krcpower.com/ecommerce/co...pters-pair.asp

and remember to post pics, LOL BTW, what lines and fittings were you thinking of using?
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #2526
Ace1USMC
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Sam! here you go http://www.krcpower.com/ecommerce/co...pters-pair.asp

and remember to post pics, LOL BTW, what lines and fittings were you thinking of using?
Awesome! Thanks so much. I am still in the buying phase of everything, so no interesting pics yet. My car is still together. I am using black/red fittings in Jegs, with the old-school classic braided steel lines for everything - fuel, coolant, pws, etc. Still designing an auxiliary fuel pump and system, etc. Also trying to figure out all the wiring it will take to relocate the coils as well as the throttle body.

I can share some pics of what I've done so far - but it's NOTHING like the magic you've done on your car. Your car is as much a piece of artwork as ANYTHING I've ever seen in an art museum. (don't understand art - but I understand the heck outta what you are doing!) All I've done so far is beef things up underneath in preparation for what's to come under the hood, and some tunes. These pics will be snooze-fest compared to yours.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=975d834163

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=99c11195da

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b43abe160e

Did you just run the one pair at the front of the heads or did you also plumb the rear up to the front as well?

BLESSINGS!
Sam
__________________
By His wounds...
Ace1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #2527
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 4,006
Cheaper link below and it comes with the bolt despite not being shown in the pics. One of these days mine will go on with hard line plumbing, they're sitting in one of my boxes. Most would argue rears are not necessary but when driven hard on a road course it can increase the risk of steam pockets that can overheat a cylinder. 99% of people don't need the rears but if you're going to do it or build lots of power why not do it all the way.

http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3289
Synner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #2528
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.
 
LSX Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 856
The fittings are available from Kurt Urban Performance.

__________________
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, Dyno Tuned, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% under drive pulley, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Transmission cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Intake with race scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD custom auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane suspension bushings, ZL1 wheels, ZL1 spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can,
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #2529
Ace1USMC
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 236
Thanks so much to all of you guys!

That last pic LSX posted looks so nice. I had been thinking about doing something like this that I saw in Hot Rod Magazine once....but I think I'd rather do something more like Nathan's setup.
Attached Images
 
__________________
By His wounds...
Ace1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #2530
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Awesome! Thanks so much. I am still in the buying phase of everything, so no interesting pics yet. My car is still together. I am using black/red fittings in Jegs, with the old-school classic braided steel lines for everything - fuel, coolant, pws, etc. Still designing an auxiliary fuel pump and system, etc. Also trying to figure out all the wiring it will take to relocate the coils as well as the throttle body.

Sam if you can please post pics of how you cut your lines, I'm sure theres a lot of guys that can benefit from it.

For the TB, I have a harness extension that allows you to run it though the water pump cavity and hide it better. Let me know if you want it and I will send out to you.


On the coils, you can call Brandon at Casper Electronics and get an extension or just splice the wires. I saw your pics on the great job you did with some of your wiring so that wouldn't be a problem for you.

I can share some pics of what I've done so far - but it's NOTHING like the magic you've done on your car. Your car is as much a piece of artwork as ANYTHING I've ever seen in an art museum. (don't understand art - but I understand the heck outta what you are doing!) All I've done so far is beef things up underneath in preparation for what's to come under the hood, and some tunes. These pics will be snooze-fest compared to yours.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=975d834163

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=99c11195da

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b43abe160e

Awesome pics! Love the switches. Keep up the great work

Did you just run the one pair at the front of the heads or did you also plumb the rear up to the front as well?

I just did the front but thanks too Synner , now I have some else to contemplate.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Cheaper link below and it comes with the bolt despite not being shown in the pics. One of these days mine will go on with hard line plumbing, they're sitting in one of my boxes. Most would argue rears are not necessary but when driven hard on a road course it can increase the risk of steam pockets that can overheat a cylinder. 99% of people don't need the rears but if you're going to do it or build lots of power why not do it all the way.

http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3289
Great ....... more work Be easier if our intake had space betwen the valley plate. Perhaps when the Vararam comes in I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
The fittings are available from Kurt Urban Performance.

Hey Chris thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm

Quick update:

Been working on the brakes lines. This has been another learning experience.There's so much to learn when you've never done something like this before!


Here is my first attempt at bending stainless steel brake lines. just kinda playing around right now.

Name:  006 (2).jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  154.1 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  148.3 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  128.4 KB

Ran out of time, I will add text to the pics tomorrow.
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #2531
Ace1USMC
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 236
Nathan,

I promise I will take lots of pics and post them when I start getting my hands dirty again.

You know, as impressive as your work, and attention to detail is, it's nothing compared to the generosity of spirit you display. I've been following this build thread for well over a year now, I think. In that time, I've always been impressed - actually blown away - by how you share your time, insight, experience, knowledge, resources - all freely and cheerfully. You have helped so many people with ideas, projects on their own cars, finding parts, offering advice and help. You've blessed a LOT of people.

That, to me, is WAY more impressive than what you've done with your hands. I commend you, and thank you.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
__________________
By His wounds...
Ace1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #2532
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Nathan,

I promise I will take lots of pics and post them when I start getting my hands dirty again.

You know, as impressive as your work, and attention to detail is, it's nothing compared to the generosity of spirit you display. I've been following this build thread for well over a year now, I think. In that time, I've always been impressed - actually blown away - by how you share your time, insight, experience, knowledge, resources - all freely and cheerfully. You have helped so many people with ideas, projects on their own cars, finding parts, offering advice and help. You've blessed a LOT of people.

That, to me, is WAY more impressive than what you've done with your hands. I commend you, and thank you.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Hey Sam I really appreciate your kind words. We are really gratifull for all the help we gotten from a bunch of the guys here. We try to reciprocate whenever we can. Thanks again


BTW, I was thinking about your idea of running traditional braided stainless steel lines. What were you planning to use for the end that connects to the plastic barb at the radiator?

This might be an option for you if you hadn't though of it already. It will cover the wires as they tend to flare out at the ends.

Name:  150-00-R.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  32.9 KB
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #2533
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Sam I really appreciate your kind words. We are really gratifull for all the help we gotten from a bunch of the guys here. We try to reciprocate whenever we can. Thanks again


BTW, I was thinking about your idea of running traditional braided stainless steel lines. What were you planning to use for the end that connects to the plastic barb at the radiator?

This might be an option for you if you hadn't though of it already. It will cover the wires as they tend to flare out at the ends.

Attachment 591284
Thats such a clean way to use that kind of hose clamp!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #2534
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Thats such a clean way to use that kind of hose clamp!
+1
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roto-Fab | Engine Covers - S/C | Fuse Relay Cover | Radiator Cover | Billet Oil Cap+ AutoAgenda Exterior Parts & Accessories 14 02-06-2013 08:43 PM
New Texas Speed & Performance Engine Machining Center! Trevor @ Texas Speed Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 01-16-2013 03:46 PM
Hawk Performance Brake Pads part HB247Z.575 $85.00 Rogan USA - Florida 2 10-07-2011 12:10 PM
Acronyms? KEEP RT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 20 03-11-2011 08:57 PM
Great Read and Info on Oil Weight Banshee Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 1 11-23-2009 09:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.