Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 01-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #101
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I'm curious for the charity auctions if the money even needs to be paid in lump some. It's obviously for tax purposes but would they allow them to pledge the 650k or several years

Tax write off or not it's still a lot out of pocket.
I can't address with absolute certainty the first half of your post regarding the payment of the purchase, but I can speculate that what the buyer signs at the charity auction close is the same Barrett-Jackson purchase contract as any other sale, with payment terms spelled out (whatever those terms may be.)

In regards to the second part of your post, to the wealthiest 1% of the world's population $650,000 might as well be $65. As the Fitzgerald quote goes, the very rich are different.
Mikebrinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #102
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post

In regards to the second part of your post, to the wealthiest 1% of the world's population $650,000 might as well be $65. As the Fitzgerald quote goes, the very rich are different.
No way man. It's the richest 1% of the top 1% throwing this kind of money around

400k - 500k household income a year gets you in the richest 1%. No way these people see 650k as $65
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #103
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
No way man. It's the richest 1% of the top 1% throwing this kind of money around

400k - 500k household income a year gets you in the richest 1%. No way these people see 650k as $65
Whatever the exact percentage, to clarify the reference see page 10 here:

http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload...ted_120722.pdf
Old 01-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #104
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
85 people own as much as the bottom 1/2 of the worlds wealth. That is disgusting!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #105
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
85 people own as much as the bottom 1/2 of the worlds wealth. That is disgusting!
Personally, who or how many people have great wealth never bothers me. What bothers me on a case-by-case basis are the singularly materialistic people, those that lack any concern for helping their fellow man. I have no way of knowing who is, or is not, acting purely in this way, or on some hidden agenda. It's none of my business, anyway.

But what this charity auction did was precisely showcase the opposite of this tendency toward selfish greed, and we should (or at least I would) impute to this buyer (and others) a generous heart for his fellow man.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #106
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Personally, who or how many people have great wealth never bothers me. What bothers me on a case-by-case basis are the singularly materialistic people, those that lack any concern for helping their fellow man. I have no way of knowing who is, or is not, acting purely in this way, or on some hidden agenda. It's none of my business, anyway.

But what this charity auction did was precisely showcase the opposite of this tendency toward selfish greed, and we should (or at least I would) impute to this buyer (and others) a generous heart for his fellow man.

I'll agree. However things can become terribly lopsided. The problem is the so called middle class is picking up the majority of the burden. Both the top and bottom have subsidies, but not so much the middle.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #107
Mikebrinda

Quote:
I'll agree. However things can become terribly lopsided. The problem is the so called middle class is picking up the majority of the burden. Both the top and bottom have subsidies, but not so much the middle.
You are most correct. But the remedy does not run through painting an expressed or implied bullseye on the wealthy, as some commentators, etc. propose. Class warfare already has a name, and it is called communism. Since that has failed everywhere it has been tried, we already know that system doesn't work.

The solution to the lopsidedness you cite . . . resides in the heart of man.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #108
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
You are most correct. But the remedy does not run through painting an expressed or implied bullseye on the wealthy, as some commentators, etc. propose. Class warfare already has a name, and it is called communism. Since that has failed everywhere it has been tried, we already know that system doesn't work.

Yes the world lacks reasonableness and fairness.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #109
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:

Just playing devils advocate , to some it failed because it hasn't been tried right yet
But once that crowd have their chance to do it ( right ) and it fail again , they will blame the other side for it
They will as always have to blame the other side , and ignoring that the basic thing that drives humans to move up to a better life , is knowing that if they take risk , hard work and perseverance they will get there
But on the other hand , if there is none of that , ( who cares syndrome ) moves into that society and eventually collapse under its own weight
Has been proven before , that if one gets paid the some by doing nothing , why would one make That extra effort by working better , harder , longer than their fellow camerad *****
You got the point , I hope
Old 01-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #110
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Just playing devils advocate , to some it failed because it hasn't been tried right yet
But once that crowd have their chance to do it ( right ) and it fail again , they will blame the other side for it
They will as always have to blame the other side , and ignoring that the basic thing that drives humans to move up to a better life , is knowing that if they take risk , hard work and perseverance they will get there
But on the other hand , if there is none of that , ( who cares syndrome ) moves into that society and eventually collapse under its own weight
Has been proven before , that if one gets paid the some by doing nothing , why would one make That extra effort by working better , harder , longer than their fellow camerad *****
You got the point , I hope
please refrain from using the words "hope" and "change". I have to go to the toilet every time I hear those word.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #111
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
...it takes money to make money, and I'm one of the have nots in the grand scheme of monetary things. Working stiffs keep the system afloat. I get your point....and understand the reality of it. And beside all the imbalance, we as a society are so very fortunate to be here in the US. Despite the imbalances and differences. So, I feel blessed.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #112
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Looks like Seven-Oh Joe nailed it.

Where's he been, lately?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #113
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Yes the world lacks reasonableness and fairness.
SEE ALSO: The World Isn't Fair
Old 04-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #114
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Yes as I stated before those at the top and bottom use those in the middle to their advantage. No more subsidizing.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #115
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Like Marcus Aurelius asked, "Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself?"

When and if you understand why inflation helps the 1% or whatever and why deflation terrifies them so, you will get what is going on.

Geez, walked away from this a long time ago.
Chigurh looked out the window, the shotgun across his knee. Getting hurt changed me, he said. Changed my perspective. I've moved on, in a way. Some things have fallen into place that were not there before. I thought they were, but the werent. The best way I can put it is that I've sort of caught up with myself. That's not a bad thing. It was overdue.
It's still a good payday.
It is. It's just in the wrong currency
."
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote