Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #35
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 3,877
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
I picked up my 1LE in May, and have been loving every minute of it! It's been to two road courses, several autocrosses, and 22 1/4 mile passes.
I've been steadily improving my 1/4 mile times with practice, figuring out tire pressures, and getting better air. A week ago I got down to a 13.07 at MCIR in LaRue, OH, and yesterday I gave it one last shot to break into the 12's while it's still stock.
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
I'm not sure what others are finding, but I've been down, up, and in-between with rear tire pressures (20-35psi), and got my best 60' and ET's with 34-35psi. Dropping pressures just seemed to make it wheel hop more and run slower on the big end. Also, I'm walking it out of the hole from about 2500rpm, shifting a little easy into 2nd to avoid wheel spin and bog (which I've been told is the torque management) and then powershifting 3rd and 4th.
Attachment 567312
Nice run! You just posted the fastest stock 1LE time so far. You would be #1 on the 1LE fast list if you want to post. You would also be #1 on the modified 1LE fast list. I needed DRs and a CAI to run as fast as you. Also that 112 trap speed is the highest I have see anywhere for stock non-ZL1 Camaros and I think the best 60' on the Goodyears.

With LTs and no tune I am at 12.42@114 But I know there is more. I was not aware of that easing into second trick. I will have to try that. With TC off I get all three shifts to bark, I wonder if that is hurting my times?
__________________

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-26-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
I picked up my 1LE in May, and have been loving every minute of it! It's been to two road courses, several autocrosses, and 22 1/4 mile passes.
I've been steadily improving my 1/4 mile times with practice, figuring out tire pressures, and getting better air. A week ago I got down to a 13.07 at MCIR in LaRue, OH, and yesterday I gave it one last shot to break into the 12's while it's still stock.
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
I'm not sure what others are finding, but I've been down, up, and in-between with rear tire pressures (20-35psi), and got my best 60' and ET's with 34-35psi. Dropping pressures just seemed to make it wheel hop more and run slower on the big end. Also, I'm walking it out of the hole from about 2500rpm, shifting a little easy into 2nd to avoid wheel spin and bog (which I've been told is the torque management) and then powershifting 3rd and 4th.
Attachment 567312
Nice, that trap speed is what I expected out of a 1le.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #37
Bryan1LE
 
Bryan1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 34
Thanks! The tailwind was helping, the fastest I had run anywhere else was 109.9. Yesterday was also the first time that I tried powershifting 3rd and 4th. It actually seemed to be less abusive for driveline shock than a fast "normal" shift.
Early on I found that if I shifted hard into 2nd my car would either spin the tires and then bog for a split second, or just bog before taking off again (this is with traction control off). So I started shifting a little easier into 2nd and then it doesn't do that.
Bryan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
Thanks! The tailwind was helping, the fastest I had run anywhere else was 109.9. Yesterday was also the first time that I tried powershifting 3rd and 4th. It actually seemed to be less abusive for driveline shock than a fast "normal" shift.
Early on I found that if I shifted hard into 2nd my car would either spin the tires and then bog for a split second, or just bog before taking off again (this is with traction control off). So I started shifting a little easier into 2nd and then it doesn't do that.
When you say traction control off do you mean just a press of the button, double press, or the full 7 second press?
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
Bryan1LE
 
Bryan1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 34
I've run it with all 3, but yesterday was just doing single push, TC off. I don't think it makes a difference for straight line unless you're trying to use launch control, and perhaps it's not a bad idea to have the stability control on, just in case. For road course or auto-x, full 7 second push every time (although Comp mode in the wet at Mid Ohio was pretty good).
Bryan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
I
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
Very Nice!

....Now you are gonna make me install the stock intake and some 285s on back so I can go back to the track stock to try and reclaim my spot

Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #41
Bryan1LE
 
Bryan1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 34
Thanks Matt, your ET and all of the SS's in the 12's made me want to keep trying.
Bryan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #42
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 3,877
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I keep trying. My best so far 12.378@114.30. I am #212. And there is more in it if I can get my 60' down and get a tune.

Has anyone posted sub 1.9 60's with a 1LE? I just want to know it's possible.

__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #43
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,604
Nice Job! Is this stock?
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #44
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 3,877
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Nice Job! Is this stock?
No, not possible stock. My best stock time was 13.2 in the heat of the summer. Now I have a CAI, LTs, and DRs. No tune yet.
__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
Victoryred1le
American Speed Factory
 
Victoryred1le's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2ss/rs 1le
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl
Posts: 24
I went 12.350 @ 117 just trying to figure out how to upload my picture of the slip
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #46
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 3,877
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
I went 12.350 @ 117 just trying to figure out how to upload my picture of the slip
What are your mods? If you are just running bolt-ons, you will be the #1 1LE.
__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #47
umiami2312
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 237
I'm the right lane, best 60' and ET so far.

Tires used on the pass: Street
Performance Mods (if any): CAI, V-max, LTH, Tune
Category submitted for: Please List the Category or Category # Bolt on
R/T..........1.002
60'.............2.137
330'...........5.657
660'...........8.490
660’ mph...86.47
1000'..........10.883
1320'..........12.898
1320’ mph…112.28
Name of the track:PBIR
Date of pass:2/19/14
Weather conditions: (include Density Altitude, if known): 75 degree night in FL
Attached Images
 
umiami2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #48
dino2012ls3
 
Drives: 2012 ls3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: humble
Posts: 42
I'm new to camaros being a stang guy but now I'm bowtie down, lol. What's a 1LE?
dino2012ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #49
Victoryred1le
American Speed Factory
 
Victoryred1le's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2ss/rs 1le
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl
Posts: 24
I posted my time slip on the main fast thread. I went 12.050
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #50
Bryan1LE
 
Bryan1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 34
Wow, great run!
Bryan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #51
F1CAM
 
F1CAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS/RS 1LE , 1987 Turbo Buick
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Palm City, Florida
Posts: 94
I sent my request to be put on the list on the other thread.

"Bone Stock"

2.032 60'
12.853 1/4 et
108.69 1/4 mph
F1CAM is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.