Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #57
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
ill give her a good spanking for you!

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #58
whan

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
ill give her a good spanking for you!
whan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #59
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
When my kids were little, I was always after them to keep my vehicles clean: don't track mud into the car, don't get fingerprints on the window, no eating the car, and so forth. One day, my daughter opened a just- shaken Coke in my Silverado that wasn't even two- weeks old. Sprayed everywhere, of course, and I yelled at her... at my seven- year old.

It hit me then: I realized that my priorities were WAY out of whack. I even had an epiphany that very moment, when I realized that if anything ever happened to my kids, that THEN I would give ANYTHING to see fingerprints on my window, muddy foot tracks on the floor, or Cheerios on the back seat.

I never, ever again got pissed off over things like that. Of course, I try to guide the kids to NOT make messes, especially in the car... but if and when they do, well, it's on me to clean it up later. The almost- psychotic obsession I have with keeping a perfectly clean and detailed car is MY psychosis, and shouldn't make anybody else suffer. I clean the car, inside and out, many times each week. It's MY obsession!

Now that the kids are older (with driver's licenses!), I simply keep in mind that dings, dents and scratches are just like muddy footprints and fingerprints, only more high dollar. Dents, scratches, even entire vehicles are replacable. Treating my kids like crap is not worth it... you can't take back cruel words, ever. Of course, yes, I want them to treat my stuff with respect, but, I still let the kids borrow the Camaro on ocassion, even if it leaves me biting my nails and in a cold sweat. So far, not a single mishap... but... I am ready for it, if it ever happens... and while the offender will need to pay the cash value, there won't be any hollering, screaming, or belittling. Stuff is stuff, people are so much more important.
Awesome story. Nothing wrong at all with teaching kids respect and how to take care of things, but there's a way to do it and you my friend seem to have it right! Harsh words and a good old fashioned spanking are needed now and then, but an accident in a car that can be cleaned, meh life goes on. Great chance to teach the kid how to properly detail the truck and spend some time bonding together.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #60
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
dang sucks.