Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
Unhappy It didn't happen today...

Well, I was all set to pull the trigger. I worked out a fantastic deal with the local dealership. Only remaining detail - CFO approval. I took this loaded 1LE (minus sunroof) home and had her drive it around for a bit. It scared the crap out of her. It wasn't so much the power as she had a modded WRX to match mine, and drove the doors off my EVO for years. It was the size/mass combined with the RWD factor. Some other practicality issues kicked in as well. She didn't like the trade-offs in losing all of the creature comforts a loaded Lexus comes with vs. the relatively spartan muscle car. All of this could of course be mitigated if we had a third vehicle in the lineup, but as we're still looking to buy a house among other things going on, I can't rationalize a third vehicle for now, until we buy a new house and are settled in.

My kids are disappointed. They were very excited and loved the Camaro. They hated the STI we drove today for sanity check purposes. I dunno... I guess it's time to sit, contemplate, and revisit this in the near future. For now, the topic is on ice. So close...

Attached Images

DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Sorry it didn't work out.
That is a beautiful car...
Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
AG1LE

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Sad to hear it didn't work out. I'm working with a dealer and trying to find a Red Rock Metallic 2SS/RS/1LE with Recaros/Nav/Dual-mode exhaust and NO sunroof...hard to find.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
Mojave

Drives: FOR SALE: 2014 SS 1LE
The Camaro will be there when you are ready. I know it sucks right now though
Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Realist

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS 1LE
Sorry to hear, your going to miss out on a lot of fun without a 1LE. I saw the exact 2014 1LE in color on the road this past Sunday in IL. Nice color and the rear end looked bad ass with the spoiler, wide rims and tires going down the road. Me likely! Oh yeah now we know who wears the pants in your household. Just kidding, you made the right choice as a 2nd car for snow and ice is highly recommend.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
sengli

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE and corvette C6Z06
I can see her point, a spartanly equipped muscle car is a definitely different animal, compared to any of these newer creature featured luxo cruisers. It all boils down to what you are going to want to do with the car.

My wife has a new 14 impala LTZ and it has all the creature comforts and safety equipment, and she paid $5k plus....... less than I did for my 1LE.