Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
Let It Rein
 
Let It Rein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 96
Shes Off For More Power!!!!

It will be a long wait til the end of next week, but I know it will be worth it. She's getting picked up in a few hours and off to Tom at Speed Inc. Started out as some simple mods, but ended up doing just about everything. Kinda figured if I'm gonna do it, do it right.


Ill list details and update this thread as more unfolds.
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
BPG
Faster than you...
 
BPG's Avatar
 
Drives: 1194whp. 8.62@168. daily driver...
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein View Post
It will be a long wait til the end of next week, but I know it will be worth it. She's getting picked up in a few hours and off to Tom at Speed Inc. Started out as some simple mods, but ended up doing just about everything. Kinda figured if I'm gonna do it, do it right.


Ill list details and update this thread as more unfolds.
Mines headed for some parts this week too. Albeit not as much as you, I'm sure.

I anticipate more and more of the threads as the weather warms up.

Be sure to post the numbers when you get them.
__________________
GTR
BPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Let It Rein
 
Let It Rein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 96
Roto-Fab Intake
METCTS-V2.50 Metco 2.50" Supercharger Pulley
METMIP-100V Metco Supercharger Idler Pulley
MET-LSA0001 Solid Supercharger Isolator
METICPCTS-V... Metco CTSV Interchangeable Crank Pulley Kit, 9.10 Pulley
MIPDBR-50 50mm Crank Idler
BELTS Gates HD Belt
NGKTR7IX NGK TR7ix Spark Plugs (Set of 8)
ID850 Injector Dynamics ID850 Fuel Injectors, set of 8
ARH-CA2SHNC American Racing Headers 2" Primaries, 3" Merge Collectors, Short
System to Stock Catback (No Cats)
12558573 GM Steel Header Gaskets
Speed Inc SI9 Custom Cam
PRC675 Precision Race Component EHT .675" Spring Kit
IZM9408051 Speed Inc 5/16” diameter, 7.400” Long Chrome Moly pushrods
CAMINSTLSET Camshaft installation gaskets
-GM Water pump gaskets (2)
-GM Balancer bolt
-GM crank seal 12585673
-GM oil pump O ring
Mild2Wild-w Mild 2 Wild Wireless Exhaust Controller
AFCO80283PRO AFCO ZL1 High Capacity Heat Exchanger
LPEL300152012 Lingenfelter ZL1 High Capacity Heat Exchanger Reservoir
E85 DSX E85 Conversion Kit
Squash Performance 2010 Camaro Dual Fuel System Pump OptionsWalbro 267 - E85 and gas Fittings -6 supply and return Plug & Play Harness
YES with the Hobbs Plumbing Kit Stock supply line with -6 return
PRCLS36B260 PRC LS3 Aftermarket 6-Bolt 260cc CNC Cylinder Heads
MACHINE WO... Port Intake Manifold and SNout Work
MISC PARTS GM LS7 Gold Blade Throttle Body
GM12622033 LS9 7 LAYER HEAD GASKET
ARP134-3610 ARP LS1 Hex Head Bolt Kit, 2004 & up LS1/LS6/LS2
Dyno Tune 98-08 LSX

That pretty much sums up the build. Cant wait!!!!

Last edited by Let It Rein; 02-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
BPG
Faster than you...
 
BPG's Avatar
 
Drives: 1194whp. 8.62@168. daily driver...
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein View Post
Roto-Fab Intake
METCTS-V2.50 Metco 2.50" Supercharger Pulley
METMIP-100V Metco Supercharger Idler Pulley
MET-LSA0001 Solid Supercharger Isolator
METICPCTS-V... Metco CTSV Interchangeable Crank Pulley Kit, 9.10 Pulley
MIPDBR-50 50mm Crank Idler
BELTS Gates HD Belt
NGKTR7IX NGK TR7ix Spark Plugs (Set of 8)
ID850 Injector Dynamics ID850 Fuel Injectors, set of 8
ARH-CA2SHNC American Racing Headers 2" Primaries, 3" Merge Collectors, Short
System to Stock Catback (No Cats)
12558573 GM Steel Header Gaskets
Speed Inc SI9 Custom Cam
PRC675 Precision Race Component EHT .675" Spring Kit
IZM9408051 Speed Inc 5/16” diameter, 7.400” Long Chrome Moly pushrods
CAMINSTLSET Camshaft installation gaskets
-GM Water pump gaskets (2)
-GM Balancer bolt
-GM crank seal 12585673
-GM oil pump O ring
Mild2Wild-w Mild 2 Wild Wireless Exhaust Controller
AFCO80283PRO AFCO ZL1 High Capacity Heat Exchanger
LPEL300152012 Lingenfelter ZL1 High Capacity Heat Exchanger Reservoir
E85 DSX E85 Conversion Kit
Squash Performance 2010 Camaro Dual Fuel System Pump OptionsWalbro 267 - E85 and gas Fittings -6 supply and return Plug & Play Harness
YES with the Hobbs Plumbing Kit Stock supply line with -6 return
PRCLS36B260 PRC LS3 Aftermarket 6-Bolt 260cc CNC Cylinder Heads
MACHINE WO... Port Intake Manifold and SNout Work
MISC PARTS GM LS7 Gold Blade Throttle Body
GM12622033 LS9 7 LAYER HEAD GASKET
ARP134-3610 ARP LS1 Hex Head Bolt Kit, 2004 & up LS1/LS6/LS2
MCC6912-07 McLeod RST twin disc clutch assembly requires flywheel 460530
MCC460530 Mcleod LS Billet Steel Flywheel for use with RST/RXT
Dyno Tune 98-08 LSX

That pretty much sums up the build. Cant wait!!!!
Searched, but didn't see kitchen sink listed lol. Gonna be a monster.
__________________
GTR
BPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
Let It Rein
 
Let It Rein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 96
Sink didnt fit into the budget...LOL. I had an 09 Z06 that Speed did and it was a monster @557rwhp. This will far eclipse that and be sheer and utter chaos. Hmm, maybe thats a good personalized tag. CHAOS...or GRIMRPR...Im like a kid at Christmas!!!
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
Stephen12ZL1


 
Stephen12ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z/28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 4,204
good build...nice parts list
__________________
'15 Z/28 #325 black a/c & stereo. 2:10.9 VIR Full 1:44.74 Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit
'12 ZL1 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Mooseknuckle
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 9
What are the expected results?
Mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
white1LE

 
white1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 799
Good luck with your build! Sounds like it will be a beast! Trailering mine to Lingenfelter on Saturday for their LPE700+ package. Tis the season for HP!!!
__________________
13 ZL1 A6
LSX 427 with AGP Twin Turbos, E85 and Flex Fuel. Built and tuned by ADM Performance
1000rwhp
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Let It Rein
 
Let It Rein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 96
Conservatively looking for 650-700 on E85.
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
G Money
 
G Money's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, 2014 Denali HD
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greensboro Ga.
Posts: 444
Can't wait to see the results.....
__________________
1 7/8 ARH, 2.55 upper and 10% overdrive lower pulley, CNC ported and polished heads, ported blower, Nick Williams 102mm TB, VR heat exchanger, Rotofab res tank, LPE high flow pump,Vengeance Racing Cam, pushrods, springs, Alky control duel nozzle, Moroso catch can, ID850's, LPE isolator coupling, LS7 timing gear, Melling high volume oil pump, DSX Auxiliary fuel pump kit, All ARP bolts, etc.. 745 RWHP + 727 ft-lbs torque motor only. RPS Triple carbon disk clutch. With the Nitrous Outlet system and dedicated fuel cell spraying C16 and a 200 jet 994 RWHP + 966 ft-lbs torque. Stock block.
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
Let It Rein
 
Let It Rein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Speed Inc ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 96
Sucked to come home today to an empty spot in the garage...
Let It Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
jessrayo
Speed Freak
 
jessrayo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein View Post
Sucked to come home today to an empty spot in the garage...
Mine is out for more work too...I know exactly what you mean. You have a got a very good parts list there. Looks like you have your bases covered. I'm sure you will love driving it.....
__________________
2016 SS -AGP twin Borg Warner 7163 EFR's, LT4 mechanical pump, LT4 injectors, Walbro 255 low side, Castrol SRF. 734whp/759 tq

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, ADM trunk intercooler reservoir & EMP pump, Ron Davis S/C heat ex, and radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1200+... 203.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Ryan@Lingenfelter
 
Ryan@Lingenfelter's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
Good luck with your build! Sounds like it will be a beast! Trailering mine to Lingenfelter on Saturday for their LPE700+ package. Tis the season for HP!!!
It looks like you should have some decent driving weather for Saturday. A lot of the snow has been melting off this week too. See ya Saturday!


Ryan
Ryan@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
white1LE

 
white1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 799
It's about time!! This winter has been relentless. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Like everyone else, I'm sad John isn't still around. His work inspired me to build a 383 stroker for my 94 Z28 in the mid 90's. Then I finally got a chance to meet him in 99 when I installed an LPE cam in it and had it dynoed there by Graham. John greeted us at the door and treated us like we were spending $30,000 when it was just a dyno run for A/F. He is still part of the reason I chose LPE for this build.
__________________
13 ZL1 A6
LSX 427 with AGP Twin Turbos, E85 and Flex Fuel. Built and tuned by ADM Performance
1000rwhp
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.