Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
The time has come...

Well, it's inevitable that all things change and it seems changes have been running rampant: I said good bye to Chakita today. I had an offer for her and couldn't pass it up. She will hold a special place on the walls with the other cars and bikes from over the years.

You're probably thinking I went to "the dark side" and that would be completely wrong. I was driving a 2013 2SS since yesterday while I decided what to do and yeah the power was nice, fun to drive but it's the old saying "been there, done that." So I took the SS back.

I turned the wife loose at the dealer and gave her instructions of find me something to drive that is 1) fun to drive and 2) an automatic (for her). She texted me off and on all afternoon about colors, options and likes / dislikes but never anything about models.

I get home and now find myself the owner of a new 2014 1.4L Turbo, Atlantis Blue Metallic Chevy Cruze. Now you have to bear in mind I still have a stoopid fast 10 second Harley Bagger and a new Ultra Limited in the garage - so don't start with the "what the hell are you thinking?!?!" Lol, I jumped head first into the LLT with cams and heads, there is no telling where I'll end up with a 1.4L Turbo!!

I'll be checking in now and then but will be on the other forum: thanks to all of those on the forum: BaylorCamaro, KeepitShut, V6Owner, Sycraft, KMPrenger and many others who offered support and encouragement when things were tough.

For those who are wondering, yes I have some items I'll be posting in the classifieds: set of heads, Strut Brace, etc.

Yellow_Glide

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
ratfinkharley

Drives: 12 2LT/RS, 00 S10 & 73 Vette
I have an 11 Cruze; love it. In many ways I like it more than my 11 Camaro 1LT.

My only beef with my Cruze is that it is underpowered but that can be easily cured.
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Well I hate to see you say goodbye to the Camaro but we all have to do what we need to in our lives. Enjoy the new car & don't be a stranger around here.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Once a camaro owner, always a camaro owner !
Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
So sorry to see you sell you nice Camaro. But at least you bought another Chevy. Enjoy playing with this new one. Hopefully you can do some mods and get as much enjoyment out of it as you did your Camaro.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Once a camaro owner, always a camaro owner !
Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
I guess a cruz is a lot more practical!
About halfway thru reading i thought you were goimg to say she got a new stingray!
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
(What the hell are you thinking) lmao...
Old 02-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
The diesel cruze is a beast almost 300 torque you can make those a beast the cruze is a new cobalt ss can make the cruze faster then a lot camaro with less mods
717Stunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Old 02-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
The Cruze will be perfectly fine and provide you the necessary transportation... til the Gen6's come out!!
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
hkemp

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS Camaro
What kind of strut tower brace do you have? Sorry to hear that sold the camaro. How close are you to Baytown, Tx, if we make a deal I could pick it there? Let me know please. And of course Pics are always helpful.
hkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #13
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Just don't let you know who touch it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #14
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Lmfao

Sad to see you go but congratz on the new ride!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I was given a 13 Buick Verano 2.0 turbo to drive as a loaner while my 14 was getting worked on at the dealer... It was a blast to drive... I was kind of disappointed with the camaro once I got it back. Not sure how the 1.4 compares to the 2.0, but I feel like turbos can make anything fun to drive.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Jim...it sure has been an adventure with you and Chakita hasn't it?? You and that yellow RS have caused quite a bit of excitement here on the forum for good and bad reasons, but one is for sure...you've helped us learn more and push forward new things in the modding world for the LLT.

Sad to see you go, but thats just the way it goes. I hope you like that Cruze, and I suspect you will! Not sure if you want to tune that little 1.4 or not, but I've seen where you can get some nice power with just a tune on the bugger. lol.

On the subject of LLT cams... looks like we have another owner ready to dive head first into it. Another member here recently bought MACE cams and is hoping the HPtuners tune comes through....so we might have another chance to see what a cammed LLT can do.

Hope to see you pop in from time to time!
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Jim...it sure has been an adventure with you and Chakita hasn't it?? You and that yellow RS have caused quite a bit of excitement here on the forum for good and bad reasons, but one is for sure...you've helped us learn more and push forward new things in the modding world for the LLT.

Sad to see you go, but thats just the way it goes. I hope you like that Cruze, and I suspect you will! Not sure if you want to tune that little 1.4 or not, but I've seen where you can get some nice power with just a tune on the bugger. lol.

On the subject of LLT cams... looks like we have another owner ready to dive head first into it. Another member here recently bought MACE cams and is hoping the HPtuners tune comes through....so we might have another chance to see what a cammed LLT can do.

Hope to see you pop in from time to time!

Hi KM,

Chakita was a fun project, hopefully it helped others and we all gained some knowledge. I was talking to a friend of mine over the weekend while we were put on the bikes and he was surprised about Chakita, but he looked at me and said "Not surprised, with you it's not the destination but the journey." Seriously, I've had a great time on the forum and will continue to check in. When HP releases their product things should get really interesting and hopefully there will be others who take the steps and do cams and heads. There is untapped potential in the LLT it's just needs to be coaxed out.

LOL, I'm supposed to pick up the Cruze Wednesday and already found VTuners Performance: 38hp increase with tune only! And for paltry $465! OMG, where's my credit card!!!!

Talk to you soon!!

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote