Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #51
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3 View Post
^^^ This is a perfect example of the Ted I've dealt with over the past 21/2 years. It's his way or no way. So. This is how you propose to resolve the issues with the work your shop performed? Fight or go to dinner? Who's first in line?
I too had Jannetty work on my car. Correction I had Jannetty build my car.
Everything from front to back his 416 forged motor. Everything on my car was hand picked by Teddy.
To say the least. I was had. Same as superchargedss and nyny69.
I have had no part of anything these guys have had to say about JRE and their shop till now.
I feel obligated to share my experiences with JRE.
Considering over the past 2 1/2 years I've been ripped off and screwed by Ted and JRE.
I will be posting my own vendor review sharing everything Ted and JRE have done to my car as well as everything that has either broken or blew apart.
Could you imagine spending in excess of 70 k and the motor not last 3000 miles?? Or how bout a broken timing chain and some bent valves costing 11 k??
Oh. It's a nightmare.
I will be posting everything I have from Ted and Jannetty racing.
To say I was taken advantage of. That's probably the nicest thing I could say.

I fully except the Responsibility. I never heard anywhere that Ted or Jannetty take responsibility for anything.
Once he has your car. Ted himself said it best. Money hungry monster.
Hello Joe,

I am happy to discuss any of your concerns, and Quite honestly I am Blindsided by your post.

I have not heard even the slightest of complaints from you Ever, and have not heard from you in 9 months.

You definitely come across as a guy who does not hold anything back, we have had a lot of good laughs about it.

Your Total expenditures at JRE over a 2 yr period were 55,560.40, Not 70K

As I recall your car had been at a previous shop and we were left to correct and rebuild the carnage that you brought us.

Your Last invoice was 9758.00, which included in the total above, of this invoice;

Your broken timing chain and bent valves repair which included a complete removal tear down inspection and reassembly Machine work Premium Valves fresh valve springs oil pump etc was right around 5500.00

The rest was repairs was for carnage from your clutch install Done outside of JRE, replacing wire harness smashed between the bell housing, removing broken bell housing bolt and thread repair for stripped threads, etc.

Installing a New Slave cylinder, and bleeding, installing your supplied used clutch.

R&R of the Trans, then sending your trans to RPM for a Freshen up and Billet shaft upgrade, shipping both ways.

New gauges you requested, boost and wide band on pillar wired on relays and installed.

Touch up the tune on the dyno for the smaller pulley you installed.

I am Sorry you are unsatisfied, I left 2 messages on your phone I await your response.

P.S The comment about fighting or going to dinner is a common Saying here in the northeast amongst us Old Guys

I apologize if it offended anyone. I can't get used to the politically correct thing but I am learning.

It is absolutely NOT a threat of any kind, with the Ultimate goal of Solving any issues and coming out as Friends.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Sounds like everything is an excuse or "It wasn't our fault" reply in this thread to be honest. I don't see any other shops not owning up to their faults, and always making it seem like it was the customer's negligence instead of their own. I hope this helps a lot of people in the future. Great review.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #53
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Sounds like everything is an excuse or "It wasn't our fault" reply in this thread to be honest. I don't see any other shops not owning up to their faults, and always making it seem like it was the customer's negligence instead of their own. I hope this helps a lot of people in the future. Great review.
Every response to a issue or complaint I've read he's always responded this way. Just own it already.

D1SC Procharger 780/661
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Old 03-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #54
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We do not tolerate personal attacks on members or vendors. If you have something objective to add to a review, positive or negative, please limit your response to your experience. We're not here to judge one another or their character. We're here to talk about Camaros and make them even more awesome than they came from the factory. There's a whole forum to explore. I'd encourage more than a few posters to visit other sections of the site before they end up getting this thread closed.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #55
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I don't understand why businesses just can't admit they are in the wrong (regardless of the situation here - I'm talking big picture).

There are so many satisfied customers from JRE, there are bound to be a few unsatisfied ones too. That's how businesses work. No need for the business to get defensive, just own the issue, do your best to rectify, and move on.

Ben Carson is one of the best neurosurgeons in the world - has saved countless lives and done great work at Johns Hopkins. My buddy had a brain tumor and Dr. Carson looked at the file and recommended a treatment. My buddy got a second opinion who recommended a different course of action. He went with Doctor #2 - they cut open his head, took care of him, and got him back on his feet. Doctor #2 said that if they went with Carson's recommendation, he probably would have hemorrhaged during surgery and died.

Sometimes even the best make mistakes or have an issue - it's the cost of doing business. It just comes off as petty when a company comes on and tries to defend point by point. Take some responsibility, do your best to fix the situation, and if the customer doesn't want to work with you any further and/or they want to share their story, that's their right as a consumer.

EDIT: I was typing this as Blur made his posting, so I did not see his in advance. Feel free to modify/delete if deemed appropriate - just adding my 2cents.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #56
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We do not tolerate personal attacks on members or vendors. If you have something objective to add to a review, positive or negative, please limit your response to your experience. We're not here to judge one another or their character. We're here to talk about Camaros and make them even more awesome than they came from the factory. There's a whole forum to explore. I'd encourage more than a few posters to visit other sections of the site before they end up getting this thread closed.
Blur,

If you feel the need to clean up stuff in this thread you find inappropriate by all means please do. I'd like to keep thread open.

And Thank You
Old 03-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #57
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Blur,

If you feel the need to clean up stuff in this thread you find inappropriate by all means please do. I'd like to keep thread open.

And Thank You
this is a very informative thread with nothing but facts being stated.

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #58
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
This is why I do most of my own work, $55k+ in 2 years, wow. And I was accused of having deep pockets lately lol. If something Fs up all I have to do is go to the mirror to confront who may have been responsible. Granted some may not have the time or facilities to do their own work and you gotta do what you gotta do. Its hard to get GM to step up to the plate much less a shop so I do my own work and have a good friend tune for me.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #59
jam3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hello Joe,

I am happy to discuss any of your concerns, and Quite honestly I am Blindsided by your post.

I have not heard even the slightest of complaints from you Ever, and have not heard from you in 9 months.

You definitely come across as a guy who does not hold anything back, we have had a lot of good laughs about it.

Your Total expenditures at JRE over a 2 yr period were 55,560.40, Not 70K

As I recall your car had been at a previous shop and we were left to correct and rebuild the carnage that you brought us.

Your Last invoice was 9758.00, which included in the total above, of this invoice;

Your broken timing chain and bent valves repair which included a complete removal tear down inspection and reassembly Machine work Premium Valves fresh valve springs oil pump etc was right around 5500.00

The rest was repairs was for carnage from your clutch install Done outside of JRE, replacing wire harness smashed between the bell housing, removing broken bell housing bolt and thread repair for stripped threads, etc.

Installing a New Slave cylinder, and bleeding, installing your supplied used clutch.

R&R of the Trans, then sending your trans to RPM for a Freshen up and Billet shaft upgrade, shipping both ways.

New gauges you requested, boost and wide band on pillar wired on relays and installed.

Touch up the tune on the dyno for the smaller pulley you installed.

I am Sorry you are unsatisfied, I left 2 messages on your phone I await your response.

P.S The comment about fighting or going to dinner is a common Saying here in the northeast amongst us Old Guys

I apologize if it offended anyone. I can't get used to the politically correct thing but I am learning.

It is absolutely NOT a threat of any kind, with the Ultimate goal of Solving any issues and coming out as Friends.
I picked my car up on 8/29/13.
That's not 9 months ago. And you called me 2 weeks ago after you heard I called ATI.
Plan and simple. Everything on my car has broken or blew up.
Engine,transmission, rear differential. what hasn't blown up or broken ?
3000 miles and 13 passes in the 1/4.
No point in me attempting to write a review in someone else's thread.
My experience will be told start to finish in my own thread.
Feel free to comment once it's posted.
As side from that I will not be posting in this thread again.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #60
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I don't understand why businesses just can't admit they are in the wrong (regardless of the situation here - I'm talking big picture).

There are so many satisfied customers from JRE, there are bound to be a few unsatisfied ones too. That's how businesses work. No need for the business to get defensive, just own the issue, do your best to rectify, and move on.

Ben Carson is one of the best neurosurgeons in the world - has saved countless lives and done great work at Johns Hopkins. My buddy had a brain tumor and Dr. Carson looked at the file and recommended a treatment. My buddy got a second opinion who recommended a different course of action. He went with Doctor #2 - they cut open his head, took care of him, and got him back on his feet. Doctor #2 said that if they went with Carson's recommendation, he probably would have hemorrhaged during surgery and died.

Sometimes even the best make mistakes or have an issue - it's the cost of doing business. It just comes off as petty when a company comes on and tries to defend point by point. Take some responsibility, do your best to fix the situation, and if the customer doesn't want to work with you any further and/or they want to share their story, that's their right as a consumer.

EDIT: I was typing this as Blur made his posting, so I did not see his in advance. Feel free to modify/delete if deemed appropriate - just adding my 2cents.
I Do or I would not be trying to resolve, It is how we improve as a business.

I am sure you can understand when inaccuracies are Posted I have to Clear them up.

Another one that is out there is a customer spent 200K at JRE to make is car number 1 on the fast list, in Fact was 92,863.06 over a 4 year period.

That is Quite a discrepency and hurts the public opinion of JRE.

I agree with you, thank you for your comments.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
Old 03-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #61
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I Do or I would not be trying to resolve, It is how we improve as a business.

I am sure you can understand when inaccuracies are Posted I have to Clear them up.

Another one that is out there is a customer spent 200K at JRE to make is car number 1 on the fast list, in Fact was 92,863.06 over a 4 year period.

That is Quite a discrepency and hurts the public opinion of JRE.

I agree with you, thank you for your comments.

Ted.
I would suggest you leave Jamie out of this. This is Dan's thread on your work. Not your thread on everyone. A lot of people including myself enjoyed seeing Jamie's car being built and watching go a 1/4 mile at a time. Now he's had to stop speaking his story from all the attacks and backslashes he got. If you have a problem with him or anyone else besides Dan, maybe you should make your own thread discussing it like everyone else.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #62
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread is closed.

The word "you" is being loosely used to apply to the mob that has entered this thread. Here's what you've done wrong:
  1. You've all repeatedly attacked fellow members. That is a flagrant violation of the rules. Negative reviews and follow-up information should be objective. If you added to this thread but you didn't add any objective details, you were wrong.
  2. The people you attacked responded, as they were well in their rights to do—this is a forum. If you tell the rest of us that a vendor did poor work for you, then they can say things, too. They are members, just like you.
  3. You set rules on whether other people should make threads when you do not administrate Camaro5. Members are equals. Do not tell other members what to do.

I've been more than forgiving as to these complaints, and I've entertained a lot of petty nonsense over the last few days. Now, you got a thread closed, and future members won't be able to continue this discussion. If another thread on this situation appears, it will be closed. If members continue to attack one another, infractions will be issued. I will not issue another warning on this issue.

Closed Thread