Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #51
StreetSS
 
Drives: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Jumping in here. I feel that if someone pays for a "custom" tune, then datalogging should be done. Otherwise it isn't a custom tune. Its just a canned tune that who knows how many other people have. If I have headers and an intake, and someone else has the exact same setup, and you write both of us the same tune, and that tune does not get revised, then it isn't a custom tune.

But to be fair, as I have understood it, Jannetty does offer tune revisions if you ask for it and send him the datalog. At least that is what I have read. I'm just saying that this should be standard. My tuner has updated my tune after my datalogs several times. In fact, I have to datalog once the weather gets a little warmer so my tune can be adjusted even more. Just sayin...

As far as complaints, if a person is not satisfied with a shop or vendor, then they owe it to the shop/vendor to at least contact them and express their dissatisfaction and give them a chance to rectify the problem. To just go online and put people on blast without giving them a chance to solve whatever issue there may be is just plain wrong.
Sorry. If pay for a service and am not satisfied, I owe the shop nothing. It's my money. I can cut my losses at any point.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #52
12camaroSS
 
12camaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jasper tn
Posts: 106
Wow I never expected everything to pop off, but long story short, Ted is the "man" for me with my tune, and once I get headers and cam, I will see how great the next tune shows. Thanks ted! Keep up the good and hard work, seems to be no one shows respect when tuning these cars and going over the data log is harder and much more experiences than an average everyday basis.
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #53
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Sorry. If pay for a service and am not satisfied, I owe the shop nothing. It's my money. I can cut my losses at any point.
If that is how you feel then that is how you feel. But if you are soo stubborn and arrogant that you refuse to even contact a company then that is just plain ridiculous. No company on the planet is perfect. Every single last one of them makes a mistake or two. If a person came on here and talked trash about a company and didn't allow that company to fix the problem, then I wouldn't even acknowledge what that person has to say. I had a problem with an intake I bought. I emailed the company on a Friday night. They emailed me and called me back first thing Monday morning. They immediately sent me another intake with rush shipping and a return shipping slip for the old intake. They even threw in an extra filter, a cap, and a filter cleaning kit. Point is, give them a chance to make things right and most of them will go above and beyond what is necessary to make up for any mistake.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #54
StreetSS
 
Drives: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If that is how you feel then that is how you feel. But if you are soo stubborn and arrogant that you refuse to even contact a company then that is just plain ridiculous. No company on the planet is perfect. Every single last one of them makes a mistake or two. If a person came on here and talked trash about a company and didn't allow that company to fix the problem, then I wouldn't even acknowledge what that person has to say. I had a problem with an intake I bought. I emailed the company on a Friday night. They emailed me and called me back first thing Monday morning. They immediately sent me another intake with rush shipping and a return shipping slip for the old intake. They even threw in an extra filter, a cap, and a filter cleaning kit. Point is, give them a chance to make things right and most of them will go above and beyond what is necessary to make up for any mistake.
Thanks for calling me names. Nice. Also, I did not say I would trash talk a company. I said it's my call whether to give them another chance or move on. Stubborn and arrogant is refusing to believe that some people or businesses in this world don't care about doing the right thing. If everyone was, I wouldn't have a job that supports getting billions back to people that have been taken advantage of by others. Also, to clarify, my posts are directly in response to your general comment and have nothing to do with JRE. As I recall, haven't you often argued with vendors on this site and the other with which you have never purchased products from? How is that fair?
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #55
tekteq
HT5 in the 626
 
tekteq's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: 626, California
Posts: 631
Ted tuned my L99 remotely with the SCT, absolutely no complaints thus far! Day and night difference from stock, plus the price he quoted me for the tune was FAR less than other reputable tuners. There's no doubt that somewhere along the line, one out of Ted's thousand remote tunes has had problems and I'm sure he addressed it. Don't bash on people based on what you hear from others. If you have legitimate complaints on a product YOU purchased, hit him up yourself, I'm sure he will solve the problem.
__________________

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #56
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Thanks for calling me names. Nice. Also, I did not say I would trash talk a company. I said it's my call whether to give them another chance or move on. Stubborn and arrogant is refusing to believe that some people or businesses in this world don't care about doing the right thing. If everyone was, I wouldn't have a job that supports getting billions back to people that have been taken advantage of by others. Also, to clarify, my posts are directly in response to your general comment and have nothing to do with JRE. As I recall, haven't you often argued with vendors on this site and the other with which you have never purchased products from? How is that fair?
I never called you any names Street. And yes, I have argued with vendors and members on this site and all the other sites I'm on. I get into arguments when people say things that are either unfair, impractical, impossible, or ignorant. I just thought that what you said was a bit unfair. I've never argued against facts or data when they are presented. And like I said, the way you feel about something is the way you feel. Your original comment tho was in contest to my statement that a person owes it to a company to rectify a problem. Regardless of how you feel, as far as mutual respect and common decency goes, yes a person absolutely does owe it to a company to at least contact them first if an issue arises. Yes it is your money and your choice on what you will do. I never said it wasn't. But people are talking about all these ghost issues that others have had with Jannetty. Well if they never contacted him, or if they just went online and started bashing first, then I say that they are wrong to do that. Give the company the benefit of the doubt or the chance to make up for any problems that may arise. In my example of the intake I bought, I went online and started bashing before I allowed the company to make things right. And after they contacted me and did right by me, I humbly sent them an apology email and even apologized on the thread I made. To this day I feel like an ass for jumping the gun. But hey, we all make mistakes. And I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong and apologize. Thats all I'm getting at really.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #57
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Thanks for calling me names. Nice. Also, I did not say I would trash talk a company. I said it's my call whether to give them another chance or move on. Stubborn and arrogant is refusing to believe that some people or businesses in this world don't care about doing the right thing. If everyone was, I wouldn't have a job that supports getting billions back to people that have been taken advantage of by others. Also, to clarify, my posts are directly in response to your general comment and have nothing to do with JRE. As I recall, haven't you often argued with vendors on this site and the other with which you have never purchased products from? How is that fair?
BTW, if you don't mind telling me, what is your S/N over on the other site? You can send me a PM and tell me if you want. I totally understand if you'd rather not share that info.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #58
AMMUSCLE
 
AMMUSCLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 307
JRE
I can only speak from my experience.
Bought CIA and headers off of JRE.
Ran them first and then bought the SCT tuner and Ted sent over the Tune he had logged.
After the tune, car pulled so much better.
Then I went down for the 100 RWHP 91 tune package and Dyno.
Ted emailed me the results. I called him back later and he put it back on the dyno for a 93 tune same day. Yes I paid for it, well worth every penny.
Love the package and work. Put about 2000 miles on and I'm extremely happy with it.
I'm heading back down for the cam package in May.
What from what I have experienced, great customer service, great work.

I have a business and its been around for 57 years, I have been at it for 40 years. It is always nice when something goes wrong or a customer is unhappy, that we get the chance to fix this. That is all we ask for. It works 99% of the time when the customer gives us the opportunity. That is why it's been 57 years.
I think JRE or any company always wants the opportunity to communicate and fix any problems.
Yes there are many great companies out there, its about finding one that your happy with and building a relationship that keeps you coming back for more.
__________________
JANNETTY RACING 750 ROUGH IDLE CAM PACKAGE
(681 RWHP & 643 RWTQ) = 783 CRANK HP & 740 CRANK TQ
AMMUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #59
StreetSS
 
Drives: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
BTW, if you don't mind telling me, what is your S/N over on the other site? You can send me a PM and tell me if you want. I totally understand if you'd rather not share that info.
I use the same name. Honestly, I typically try to give polite feedback as my first choice and follow your methods. But I have also dealt with some people (like contractors that left with my money and did not complete the job) that I have determined that it is best to move on w/o any more effort on my part. For others, like the company that built my pool, every interaction was horrific. Lots of lies and deceit. It took 2 seasons for them to complete the items on the final inspection punch list. But the investment was so high I just stuck it out. I wrote them two nice pages of constructive feedback, contacted the ceo (who was very apologetic) and still got nowhere in the end. Like most situations the correct answer depends. So I guess on that particular day, I got a little charged up on the one-size-fits all approach.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #60
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekteq View Post
Ted tuned my L99 remotely with the SCT, absolutely no complaints thus far! Day and night difference from stock, plus the price he quoted me for the tune was FAR less than other reputable tuners. There's no doubt that somewhere along the line, one out of Ted's thousand remote tunes has had problems and I'm sure he addressed it. Don't bash on people based on what you hear from others. If you have legitimate complaints on a product YOU purchased, hit him up yourself, I'm sure he will solve the problem.

__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.20s in the 1/8!
11.26 @ 124.11 mph in the 1/4
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.