Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #26
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys at the limit
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
I was just about to contact you guys next! Tyler has always been the go to guy for me for these kind of questions. I am just using this car as a daily driver for now. Im looking into supercharging it and just doing some highway pulls here and there and take it up thru the canyons on sundays very seldom.

I also am trying to figure out whats the largest sized tire i can fit on my stock 2SS wheels.
I feel the RideTech coilovers will suit your wants/needs very well. They are in the same price range the Pfadt coilover were (slightly more affordable), and they honestly have a couple features that I prefer. The adjustments are easier to access and the spring height adjustment collar tightens in place rather than a set screw.

The SS actually already comes with pretty wide tires considering the wheel width. Going with a wider tire will result in better grip accelerating and braking, but will take away from steering response and will make the car feel somewhat "loose" due to sidewall flex. It's a better idea to go with a good sticky tire than try to pinch fat tires on a skinny wheel. At least until you can afford to get some wider wheels.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #27
Nighthawk89

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
I feel the RideTech coilovers will suit your wants/needs very well. They are in the same price range the Pfadt coilover were (slightly more affordable), and they honestly have a couple features that I prefer. The adjustments are easier to access and the spring height adjustment collar tightens in place rather than a set screw.

The SS actually already comes with pretty wide tires considering the wheel width. Going with a wider tire will result in better grip accelerating and braking, but will take away from steering response and will make the car feel somewhat "loose" due to sidewall flex. It's a better idea to go with a good sticky tire than try to pinch fat tires on a skinny wheel. At least until you can afford to get some wider wheels.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Awesome response! I'm going to check out the ride techs right now and I appreciate the advice on the rubber as well!

Thanks again Tyler!
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,625
Love my megan racing coil overs... same as BC, but with more adjustment.

From my Note3
__________________
GbrilliantQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #29
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
How much are these running?
I've seen Clubs as low as $2800 and just over $3000 for the set. Everything in the picture is included, front Camber plates, rear monoball shock hats that replaces the stocker which is the correct way to do it for proper rear shock dampening. Using the stock rear rubber mounts even the Zl-1 or 1LE negatively effects the dampening of the rear shock. It would be nice if BC racing made a rear monoball shock top mount for their kit to function properly.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #30
X25

 
X25's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
I've seen Clubs as low as $2800 and just over $3000 for the set. Everything in the picture is included, front Camber plates, rear monoball shock hats that replaces the stocker which is the correct way to do it for proper rear shock dampening. Using the stock rear rubber mounts even the Zl-1 or 1LE negatively effects the dampening of the rear shock. It would be nice if BC racing made a rear monoball shock top mount for their kit to function properly.
Do you know the spring rates for the Clubsports? V3 seems to be just ~5 kg/mm at the fronts (unlisted for the rears), which sounds very low to me for serious track use. Do they fit on 2012+ models?
X25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #31
ciandrew
 
ciandrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Z/28 White/AC #318
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vaughan, ON
Posts: 201
Megan Racing coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Love my megan racing coil overs... same as BC, but with more adjustment.

From my Note3
I've been looking to replace my broken Pfadt with Megan Racing. They are fairly cheap at $1450.00 CAD but no body that I spoke with ever heard of them.

Which model did you buy? Do you track the car (road track)?
ciandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #32
PolynesianPowerhouse
 
PolynesianPowerhouse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tofiga Island
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
I personally like the BC's for the money I don't think they can be beat. Will do better than what most people are ever capable of doing. Plus they actually adjust the proper way ie the shock body moves for height not the collar the spring sits on therefore effecting pre-load on the spring.
I second that as well... the bc racing set ups an entry setup thats price/feature competitive with any brand and the fact that you DO NOT lose suspension travel from height adjustment ensures the degree you lower your car doesnt affect the damper (strutss/shocks)..as all dampers are designed to operate with a certain range of motion.

If you have a need for an external reservoir used in heavy road race etc... the bc racing also has an ER version available

And if anyone hasnt noticed by now... pedders, petty racing and bc racing all come from the same base company...bc racing. Just different colors and exclusivity in pricetag. Same specs and adjustments if you look at different brands and models specs.
__________________
Don't sit around and watch everyone else live YOUR dreams...DO SUMPT'N
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #33
X25

 
X25's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 866
I'm leaning towards BC Racing ER coilovers, too. They provide three valving options with these coilovers. I'll definitely go with the track-biased valving, but I'm not yet sure if I should opt with different spring rates.
X25 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.