Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #141
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I have thought about swapping out my 3d carbon vent fenders for a set of Garys. To much other mods going on though. Looking good. Losing my reverse hood this month for a new hood coming from MPD. One of a kind fabrication
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #142
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Sucks to hear about the fenders man, how bad we're they ruined?
Bad. With the entire lip cut off they lost their shape. Once that happened due to wind pressure the door hit it the first time I opened it after stopping and it is both damaged and no longer lines up with the door almost all the way from top to bottom. The only repair would be to cut sheet metal using the OEM panel as a guide and then tack it on the back side of the fenders to reshape it. By the time you get done with that, body work on them, and new paint. Might as well throw them away and start over.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #143
Buschman

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Bad. With the entire lip cut off they lost their shape. Once that happened due to wind pressure the door hit it the first time I opened it after stopping and it is both damaged and no longer lines up with the door almost all the way from top to bottom. The only repair would be to cut sheet metal using the OEM panel as a guide and then tack it on the back side of the fenders to reshape it. By the time you get done with that, body work on them, and new paint. Might as well throw them away and start over.
Man that's too bad I don't think I would have handled that very well. Hope the shop gets a new set for you.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #144
elarson5757

Car back Monday minus the vented fenders...The wait from Gary was a week or two and that's longer than I had to leave the car due to other projects. I'll go back to them but most likely in the off season late this year.

Car back Monday with all the BMR parts installed! Anvil spoiler arrived today so I'll get that done next week as well as a couple other cosmetic things.

Next big project is to tear into the front bumper...new ports, heritage grill, custom badging, leds, and custom projector headlights...
Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #145
elarson5757

Anvil spoiler on...to late for pics. Gotta run and get a full alignment tomorrow now that the suspension work is done. It's clearly way off as I can feel it driving in the way the back end is reacting to the road.

Then time to tear into the front end.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #146
elarson5757

Decided to install the hash marks today given I didn't have time to get into the front end removal. I went a different route and changed the hash marks to black carbon fiber pattern from the original matte black of the rest of the graphics. This will tie in the hash marks with the CF Anvil spoiler and the custom badging I'll do tomorrow which also has CF in the pattern.

Not very bright in my garage so pics don't do it justice but I think its perfect.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #147
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Love the contrast and your car bro!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #148
elarson5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Love the contrast and your car bro!
Thank you...IT LOOKS AMAZING with the contrast. Looking forward to a wash, wax, and some photos outside in the sun IF the damn weather ever improves here...

The hash marks incidentally were cut PERFECT...never seen anything like it. I literally put them on in 15 minutes and never trimmed even a sliver....

Last edited by elarson5757; 03-19-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #149
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Thank you...IT LOOKS AMAZING with the contrast. Looking forward to a wash, wax, and some photos outside in the sun IF the damn weather ever improves here...

The hash marks incidentally were cut PERFECT...never seen anything like it. I literally put them on in 15 minutes and never trimmed even a sliver....
Thank you Eric. It is nice to see someone that appreciates the effort we put into making the kits.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #150
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Thumbs up

Your car is incredible. I like your style.
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #151
elarson5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLAWAY11 View Post
Your car is incredible. I like your style.
Hey thank you very much!!

Your is absolutely beautiful as well. Hopefully we can connect at some point as we sure the same state and I am sure will end up at an event or two at the same time I suspect!

Eric
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #152
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Thank you too. My car is pretty much "stock" according to callaway, lol. I am getting a lot done in the next 3 weeks though. I can't wait. That would be awesome to see your car in person. I am pretty sure, If I see it, I will know who's car that is. Looking forward to this summer and hopefully bumping in to you along the way.
Marc
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #153
elarson5757

Getting some work done on engine bay dress. Red CAI couplers, ShowStopper accessories, painted the Whipple shaft cover letters, and added some matte edge trim to the inside fender edges. Topped of with polished billet caps with logos.

Have my 1LE strut tower brace out for paint right now in Victory Red finish and then the Livernois logo in matte black on top.

Still wondering if I should do the throttle body in matte black or Victory Red. Your thoughts??
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #154
elarson5757

Exciting day for the Scorpion Build!!!

Next big round of changes in final preparations and off to paint!!

They include:

ACS Custom Hood Liner for the T-10 Window Hood Insert in Matte Black
ACS Rear Functional Quarter Ports in Matte Black
ACS T-3/S Front Bumper Ports in Matte Black w/3 Eagle LEDs Verticle per side as DRL's

My Strut tower brace and throttle body both in Victory Red should be done at the same time!!

Note that I don't think ACS was ready to ship the rear ports yet to those waiting but they were very supportive in getting me the two external pieces so I could paint this stuff in bulk at a better price. They have just been awesome to work with and I am so pleased with all the workmanship and support!!!
Attached Images