Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 11-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #126
DWALEX

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT
Congrats, you deserve it!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #127
creedi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
FINALLY got my steering wheel controls working too, a Chevy dealer in Fremont, CA did it and for once they new what they were doing right away! Thanks everyone for your help!
Next project adding the MyLink!
creedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #128
Breezo22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2ls
So I went to the Chevy dealership and asked them if i could put this in my car, they said there is no way it could be done, is this true. Oh, i have a 2014 V6 LS 2!!!
Breezo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #129
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Thanks for the DIY, just installed the PDIM. Hope to get the dealer to reprogram the stereo tomorrow.
justjoshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #130
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
Thanks for the DIY, just installed the PDIM. Hope to get the dealer to reprogram the stereo tomorrow.
Did you ever get it re programed?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #131
CallmeMacc

Drives: 2010 Black LS
installed my steering wheel controls and PDIM this weekend. I took it to Rosner Chevy in melbourne fl (for people familiar with the area) yesterday my steering wheel controls work fine my PDIM charges through the usb port but does not seem to connect through anything else. Took it back to them they told me that the part I purchased is defective and/or not compatible with my 2010 LS now i'm pretty sure from reading on here that it is definitely compatible with my car. They also told me that it is supposed to be plug and play and there is no way to reprogram my radio to get it to work. How valid is this. Does anyone know of a place I can go that can do it for sure in this area.
CallmeMacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #132
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
After leaving my car with the dealership for a full day, they were unable to get my PDIM to work. I'm positive it's just a programming issue.

CallmeMacc -- it's not valid - the steps listed in the PDIM instructions specifically say you have to reprogram the radio (step #17). Insist they follow the instructions and it shouldn't be a big deal.

This is from one of the previous pages - I copied and sent it to my dealership tech:

"All they have to do is connect your car to the tech tool and talk to the GM mothership where your car information is stored. They have to navigate to the info about your options and under your stereo/sound/entertainment section they check that you now have a PDIM installed. They then just need to update your radio with this information so, the radio knows you now have a PDIM and voila... you should be in business."

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #133
CallmeMacc

Drives: 2010 Black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
After leaving my car with the dealership for a full day, they were unable to get my PDIM to work. I'm positive it's just a programming issue.

CallmeMacc -- it's not valid - the steps listed in the PDIM instructions specifically say you have to reprogram the radio (step #17). Insist they follow the instructions and it shouldn't be a big deal.

This is from one of the previous pages - I copied and sent it to my dealership tech:

"All they have to do is connect your car to the tech tool and talk to the GM mothership where your car information is stored. They have to navigate to the info about your options and under your stereo/sound/entertainment section they check that you now have a PDIM installed. They then just need to update your radio with this information so, the radio knows you now have a PDIM and voila... you should be in business."
Thanks
CallmeMacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #134
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Well it appears the dealer wasn't able to program the radio with the right settings. He says I needed a serial number which tells gm which rpo to add to my car. So he was picking and choosing off of the factory radio tunes...

Once they do program the radio, how do I do the Bluetooth streaming audio feature? Is there a setting under aux that will say Bluetooth?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #135
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCAMARO14 View Post
Did you ever get it re programed?
Yes brought it to the dealer and had it re programmed. Only thing I don't like is it has to index every time you start the car.
justjoshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #136
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Apparently it's been correct for the past few weeks - I just couldn't figure out how to access the bluetooth menu to connect my phone. I had to click the "Menu" button while in the Aux Input area to then connect my phone to the bluetooth. Streaming bluetooth rocks now that it's working!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 AM   #137
cradiaz

Drives: 2013 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
The PDIM comes with instructions on how to program. The dealer just needs to follow the directions.

A PDF: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=37
Does anybody know if there is a difference in the harness that goes from the radio to the PDIM wiring harness? I replaced everything as mentioned in this post, but the radio does not recognized th USB or aux port.
cradiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #138
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
Yes brought it to the dealer and had it re programmed. Only thing I don't like is it has to index every time you start the car.
if that is true.....and I am sure it is.....I would be willing to bet that the PDIM they installed is NOT the latest/greatest HW/SW version available.

If it were the DB/DD version you would have that issue.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #139
HotelCali

Drives: SS
New York PDIM programming
Me and my friend installed the USB/aux pdim ourselves because dealership was charging 180-250 for install and programming. So I took my car to the dealership after DIY installation and their charging me more. Three different dealerships saying its gonna take hours to program. New Rochelle Chevy, la sorsa and central ave Chevy. I really needed the pdim because
As a young guy I'm always on my phone and like technology. I've seen on this forums that people are paying next to nothing or free to get there programming done by dealerships or dealerships are doing it because it's under warranty. Where can I go or what dealership will Not try to hurt my
Pockets just to charge my iPhone and play music
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #140
Iangoth16

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS White
I need some help figuring what I need to do about my Camaro. I have 2013 2LS and I have hands free Bluetooth for phone calls, however; I want to be able to stream music through bluetooth on my IPhone. I know about this PDIM but is this just a USB installment or does this allow me to stream music? If this is what I'm looking for where should I get it from as far as websites go? Thank you'
Iangoth16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #141
Tigerfan

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iangoth16 View Post
I need some help figuring what I need to do about my Camaro. I have 2013 2LS and I have hands free Bluetooth for phone calls, however; I want to be able to stream music through bluetooth on my IPhone. I know about this PDIM but is this just a USB installment or does this allow me to stream music? If this is what I'm looking for where should I get it from as far as websites go? Thank you'

I have a 2LS also. I'm looking to put this in my car too. I found a link but I'm concerned that no one has really confirmed that it really will work for our cars.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2169
Tigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #142
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
So I just installed this pdim myself. The arm rest was a total b@#$h to get out. But besides that, not too shabby. Anyway it does not work yet, but does charge the phone. I know I need the radio flashed etc. But before I do that I cannot figure out how to check the version. Is it possible to check the version before the radio flash? Someone here said to go to USB mode and hold down menu to see, but I cannot figure out how to go to USB mode to check. Can some one clarify this?

Thanks
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #143
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post
So I just installed this pdim myself. The arm rest was a total b@#$h to get out. But besides that, not too shabby. Anyway it does not work yet, but does charge the phone. I know I need the radio flashed etc. But before I do that I cannot figure out how to check the version. Is it possible to check the version before the radio flash? Someone here said to go to USB mode and hold down menu to see, but I cannot figure out how to go to USB mode to check. Can some one clarify this?

Thanks
You can't check which version until you get the head unit flashed, it won't know its there, thus you can't get to the menu. right now its just getting power, thus you are able to charge your phone.

do you know which PN# you installed?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #144
nikitis

I installed the DB/DB. I just flashed at the dealer in Rock Hill, SC. Burns Chevrolet. Highly recommend them! They charged $40, which is what should be for this radio flash. The dealer in Charlotte, NC wanted $130 for any type of program. If you are in the near area it is worth the drive, and they know how to do this upgrade now with confidence. I told them that I know how to do it when I first got there and if they had any issues to let me know and I could help out, and they did call me back to the back. I went over it with them. They had already had the equipment set up properly but was only unsure of which update needed. They were also convinced that the upgrade was going to take 2+ hours because most radio flashes do for them. I explained that this will on take 5 to 20 mins. Mine did take 15 mins, but they did it through the OBDII interface which they prefer because wireless gets interrupted. To their surprise, it was way shorter then they thought, and I was out of there in 30 mins total for explanation and flash. The tech was an older gentleman who shot the breeze with me while it updated. Very friendly. They deserve high marks!

The module was tested today and is sweet! I love Bluetooth audio! Pairs fine with my nexus 5 phone and nexus 7 2013 model tablet. HW-DB / SW-DB works with no cackle or scratchy noise. Audio was engulphing and serene. I first tried the Tron Soundtrack, highly recommended test.

Thanks guys for you posts, and thanks Burns Chevrolet!
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #145
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Where did you purchase the PDMI at?
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:26 AM   #146
nikitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
Where did you purchase the PDMI at?