Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Nice picks but love American muscle alot better.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I suggest getting to know people on this site better before making blank generalizations like that.
Agreed.

DroptheGloves, I can say from time and experience that the people you describe are in the minority on this site, believe it or not. They are a sizeable bunch, but nowhere even close to the 98% you suggest.

A couple more thing to consider before "stating facts as you see them"...

#1-- Facts cannot be seen. They simply are. Most come from scientific testing and trials. Anything that is seen or perceived is an opinion -- which yours is.

#2-- The Camaro IS the best thing since sliced bread to many people here. And that is why they are here. It is not because they are "blind", or "fanboys", it's because they like the Camaro above all others for some reason or another. You are clearly not one of these people, and that's OKAY....just don't belittle our feelings because you disagree, and try to pass it off as 'fact'...it just doesn't fly.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #28
MustangConvert

Drives: ABM 1LT Camaro
It's a nice car, but I didn't buy the Camaro just based on which car can drive the fastest.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #29
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangConvert View Post
It's a nice car, but I didn't buy the Camaro just based on which car can drive the fastest.

the gen coupe is nice, just not as nice as the camaro Imo
Old 08-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
genesis coupe looks amazing in person. When I first saw one I was like "that's a weird looking Benz"

I think i'm gonna test drive one this weekend.

But what the hell is up with the bottom edge of the rear/side window.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #31
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Do Camaro owners think that they have the best car? IDK, I can only say it is the best for me and for the price.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #32
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
I test drove a Genesis coupe 2 weeks ago.

The wife bought a Camaro ABM 1LT and I decided that I needed a new car. I had planned to wait for the Camaro convertible, but will all the delays decided that I might be waiting forever. I narrowed my choices down to a Genesis couple, Mustang GT convertible, or Camaro. I liked the Mustang inside and out, but the convertible top just cut down too much of the shoulder room inside and didn't make for a comfortable ride.

The Genesis is a sweet car. Very nice interior. Everything is layed out nice, the visibility is great, great acceleration and power, corners great, and the Grand Touring trim had almost everything that I was looking for. The MAJOR drawbacks of the Genesis are options and availability. I was told that I couldn't order a car and would have to find one. I wanted a gray, Grand Touring trim, and was told that there were only 35 in the US and the closest was 5.5 hours away. I could get the Track trim, but why pay 2 grand more for what amounts to tires, brakes, and a spoiler?

This brings me to options.... there are none. You get the trim that you buy and there are no other options. The Grand Touring has 1 (one) interior color option and its the ugliest brown color that I had ever seen. You can't change tires, wheels, packages of any kind. I think this might be their way of pushing the higher dollar track package. If you want to add anything to this car, you'd better hope you can find an aftermarket dealer.

From what I saw and what I've been told, this is a great car for the tuner crowd. The 2.0 turbo model leaves tons of room for mods and upgrades.

And it might seem like a strange reason, but this car just doesn't have any WOW factor. It looks like a decent car, but just doesn't have anything to distinguish it from every other car on the road. I could have passed a hundred of these on the road and would never have noticed. I can't come out of the grocery store without 3 or 4 people standing around my wife's car looking at it. She parks as far away from everyone to prevent scratches and door dings, but people pull next to her just because they want to look at the car. You just don't get this from a Hyundai.

So, I ended up ordering a CGM 2LT RS and I'm happy that I did. Hopefully, it will still have some trade-in value by the time the convertibles are released and I'll be even happier.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #33
GTengineer

Drives: 2004 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
I test drove a Genesis coupe 2 weeks ago.

The wife bought a Camaro ABM 1LT and I decided that I needed a new car. I had planned to wait for the Camaro convertible, but will all the delays decided that I might be waiting forever. I narrowed my choices down to a Genesis couple, Mustang GT convertible, or Camaro. I liked the Mustang inside and out, but the convertible top just cut down too much of the shoulder room inside and didn't make for a comfortable ride.

The Genesis is a sweet car. Very nice interior. Everything is layed out nice, the visibility is great, great acceleration and power, corners great, and the Grand Touring trim had almost everything that I was looking for. The MAJOR drawbacks of the Genesis are options and availability. I was told that I couldn't order a car and would have to find one. I wanted a gray, Grand Touring trim, and was told that there were only 35 in the US and the closest was 5.5 hours away. I could get the Track trim, but why pay 2 grand more for what amounts to tires, brakes, and a spoiler?

This brings me to options.... there are none. You get the trim that you buy and there are no other options. The Grand Touring has 1 (one) interior color option and its the ugliest brown color that I had ever seen. You can't change tires, wheels, packages of any kind. I think this might be their way of pushing the higher dollar track package. If you want to add anything to this car, you'd better hope you can find an aftermarket dealer.

From what I saw and what I've been told, this is a great car for the tuner crowd. The 2.0 turbo model leaves tons of room for mods and upgrades.

And it might seem like a strange reason, but this car just doesn't have any WOW factor. It looks like a decent car, but just doesn't have anything to distinguish it from every other car on the road. I could have passed a hundred of these on the road and would never have noticed. I can't come out of the grocery store without 3 or 4 people standing around my wife's car looking at it. She parks as far away from everyone to prevent scratches and door dings, but people pull next to her just because they want to look at the car. You just don't get this from a Hyundai.

So, I ended up ordering a CGM 2LT RS and I'm happy that I did. Hopefully, it will still have some trade-in value by the time the convertibles are released and I'll be even happier.
Nice review.

That is exactly what I felt when I saw my first Genesis coupe on the highway a month or so ago. At first I thought it was just another Hyundai or Nissan carbon-copy. I only realized it was a Genesis when I read the name on the back otherwise I wouldn't have given it a second glance.

It's still nice to see other brands bringing out competitive cars though.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #34
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Yep nice review,

I looked at both cars as well and drove both cars. Each was nice , had its pluses and minus's. We can all find some type of fault with any car, thats why people modify cars to get them the way (we) want. The end result was I ordered a camaro. Why? becuase I felt that the Genesis was tailored towards a younger crowd. Not saying that the camaro won't appease towards the younger crowd and vica verse on the genesis to the older crowd. just a general view from what I can see on the boards here as well as the people at the dealership. The Camaro was a car I remember as a kid and always wished I could buy. Now I will have it. Besides for the price how could you go wrong, 23k for a base ls with 300hp and the ability to modify for more. How many cars can you purchase for that price new and give you so much. STI, EVO, all are about 30k, In the end its a matter of personal choice.
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote