Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
Would you post a link to this? Not able to find it on your website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
Vendors are not allowed to post external links in the technical sections. Here is the LINK to our sale thread in the vendor section. You can follow the links in there, or feel free to give me a call toll-free at 888-308-6007 and I would be happy to assist you over the phone!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #27
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
@ Nick S or CHMSC...

I'm getting my Stage 2 kit tomorrow....besides putting down lots of towels and getting a pair of long needle nose pliers do y'all have any other tips? thanks!

Edit: read the first post....Before i pump the clutch several times or so...so i'll need to wiggle the new hose to get all the air out of the hose to get the fluid to flow in....My question is when will i know to do this? will there be air bubbles in the small reservoir?

Last edited by Lil' Nasty; 06-08-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE / 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
@ Nick S or CHMSC...

I'm getting my Stage 2 kit tomorrow....besides putting down lots of towels and getting a pair of long needle nose pliers do y'all have any other tips? thanks!

Edit: read the first post....Before i pump the clutch several times or so...so i'll need to wiggle the new hose to get all the air out of the hose to get the fluid to flow in....My question is when will i know to do this? will there be air bubbles in the small reservoir?
Yes if you wiggle the hose and move it around with the new clutch reservoir cap off you will see the bubbles coming out and bubbling up. Make sure to do this until you cannot get any more bubbles to come out. You should have to refill your new clutch reservoir at least once after the initial fill of fluid. This will be due to the air bubbles coming out and the clutch fluid flowing into the new clutch hose and taking the place of the air in the hose. So if you don't need to put additional fluid in at least once then you probably don't have all the air out.

2013 Victory Red 2SS/1LE W/RS/NPP
2002 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS 6-speed Manual
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #29
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
@ Nick S or CHMSC...

I did it a different way since I put in a tick high flow clutch line when I installed the res. you could do a similar task to get the air it of the line by disconnecting the clutch line from the tranny and having someone fill the res and flush the air out of the line, when its flushed, reconnect it to the tranny and then bleed the clutch. Yes, bleeding the clutch is not the easiest thing in the world to do but not impossible. Helps to have a few helping hands when doing this. One to fill the res, one pumping the clutch pedal and the other under the car cracking the bleeder. You can do it with two people just easier with three. After every pump make sure the res has plenty of fluid so you don't get air in the system. I wanted to bleed the clutch to make sure all the old fluid was out and the all the air as well. Easiest if you have your head towards the driver side and feet towards the passenger side. Here is a good vid to show you how to bleed the clutch and watch it carefully, he gives great info and made the job a lot easier. 8mm open ended wrench to bleed the clutch.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be
Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Thanks guys, appreciate y'all's help! Went back to my car and there were barely any bubbles....now for the test drive lol
Old 03-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
X25

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
One issue I see with this mod is that the clutch fluid reservoir is now tiny, so the clutch fluid will get overwhelmingly dirty (just like what happens to C5/C6 Corvettes) in no time. The fluid slowly backfeeds into the reservoir (which is why we pump the pedal to clean the system), so that very dark fluid is everywhere in the clutch system now. When that happens, the clutch pedal will start to 'stick' to the floor, which can even get downright dangerous. It happened to me back when I owned a C5 Corvette Z06.

Yes, I don't want to contaminate the brake system's fluid with the nasty clutch fluid, but I think it would be much better if we use a much bigger reservoir. The Corvettes have pretty much the same system with that little reservoir, and any Corvette owner who actually drives his/her car knows that it needs to be cleaned-up at least once every time you get gas (so called Ranger method) to keep it running flawlessly.

Any chance you guys could come up with a (much) bigger reservoir for the clutch fluid? This way, I'd know that the clutch will not fail during a weekend of an HPDE event
X25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #32
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Just throwing out a tip for the spillage of the brake fluid.....like the OP says, put towels down pretty much everywhere you can but also keep a bottle of water handy. If brake fluid somehow gets on your paint pour the water on it as fast as you can. Water is bad news for brake fluid. So, keep it away from the reservoir but have it handy for the spills.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #33
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
One issue I see with this mod is that the clutch fluid reservoir is now tiny, so the clutch fluid will get overwhelmingly dirty (just like what happens to C5/C6 Corvettes) in no time. The fluid slowly backfeeds into the reservoir (which is why we pump the pedal to clean the system), so that very dark fluid is everywhere in the clutch system now. When that happens, the clutch pedal will start to 'stick' to the floor, which can even get downright dangerous. It happened to me back when I owned a C5 Corvette Z06.

Yes, I don't want to contaminate the brake system's fluid with the nasty clutch fluid, but I think it would be much better if we use a much bigger reservoir. The Corvettes have pretty much the same system with that little reservoir, and any Corvette owner who actually drives his/her car knows that it needs to be cleaned-up at least once every time you get gas (so called Ranger method) to keep it running flawlessly.

Any chance you guys could come up with a (much) bigger reservoir for the clutch fluid? This way, I'd know that the clutch will not fail during a weekend of an HPDE event
Old 03-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #34
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
This shows what crap goes into the brake fluid. You want this crap in your brake fluid? I don't. The new rezzy size is what just about every other car has with a seperate rezzy.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 AM   #35
X25

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
This shows what crap goes into the brake fluid. You want this crap in your brake fluid? I don't. The new rezzy size is what just about every other car has with a seperate rezzy.
But most other cars' system does a much better job at keeping the contaminants out.
X25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:34 AM   #36
Deputy 702
Zombie Hunter. . .

Drives: 2011 2ss/RS
Some one peed in your new clutch reservoir. That's just straight mean...

JK that's a sweet mod i'm going to look into this a little bit more. nice install.
Deputy 702 is offline   Reply With Quote