Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
IMHO - if you're starting with a car that is only a few ticks slower than LT1 cars were from the days of yore, I don't feel that's a bad thing one bit. It should be all about what you want, and not what others think. Obviously, that plays a little role (otherwise - why do many people spend so much time and money going faster and looking better ) but if you like how the car felt, and it fits your needs, then go for it, IMHO. If you have no intention on having a little safe fun at the occational stoplight, and don't plan on going to a track, and just want a great car that runs really good, then get the V6. It's less expensive and you can equip it, trim-wise, with everything the SS has.

IMHO - get what's going to fit you, and no one else. It's your $$$.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
If guys have plans of tuning the snot out of this motor so they can race it with the big dogs stop torturing yourself get the V8 and be done with it. If u just want a cool looking car with a bit of kick that use's cheap gas and lower costs over-all then you have the right car for you. Just have realistic goals about the V6. Its an amazing motor for a V6 but there are a ton of cars more faster and powerful then it.
and there are a ton of cars that are a lot faster and powerful than the SS...... so what's your point?
scrming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
Fire
 
Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
and there are a ton of cars that are a lot faster and powerful than the SS...... so what's your point?
And... for the money, what's much quicker than the V6 at it's price, and also for the V8, at it's? Pound for pound for nearly the last 20 years the Camaro has offered some of, if not THE most, hp per dollar than anything on earth. In fact that was definitely the truth of the 4th gen V8 cars. Now it can certainly be said for any trim of the Camaro today.
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #29
fastal
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2000 Z28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 146
In the end it comes down to each driver. If I didn't have my 405 rwhp 00 Z28 in my garage I doubt the 2LT/RS I have would have enough power. Since this is a daily driver for me, the 304HP is great. Enough power to safely pass and still have fun with the car.

I'll likely only do minor mods on this one and may even leave it stock.
fastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #30
cstproductions
 
cstproductions's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 257
Thanks for all of your help. Im sorry I wasnt able to reply sooner but my internet has been messing up. Anyways alot of you have convinced me that it has enough power but im still a little iffy. I know that with a couple mods ill be able to beat the genesis coupe which i was disappointed that it beat the camaro in some things. The only thing more I want in the v6 is more lower end torque.
__________________

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #31
glambert1
HOMER
 
glambert1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee10 View Post
I am happy with my V6 although a dealer nearby finally got in the same car in a V8. However, that would of costed me another $$175 a month as it would be about $10,000 more compared to the lucky price I got on the V6. I am just getting a little tired of the fixed up mustangs on the road growling at me when I turn off the road. They like reving their engines. Maybe they are scrared or jealous.
you know I've noticed that too , why do so many Mustangs out there just seem like all muffler growl and add on plastic parts they look a little toyish to me sometimes
__________________
....do it yourself and be proud when you brag about your mods...
glambert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #32
Eddy9
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 136
V-6

My V-6 (304HP) Camaro is more than enough. I actually had a V-8 1997 Camaro Z-28 but my new 2010 V-6 seems to have more power than the V-8!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #33
Eddy9
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 136
Yes, I've also noticed this about the Mustangs too or as I call the Pootangs. They all pull up next to me and have to make their mufflers growl. I just give them a like whatever look! I think their intimidated by my Camaro.
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
Venom40k
No... not the SS...
 
Venom40k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS *Red*
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 114
There are so many mustangs on the road that sometimes I feel like we are in some type of communist country that issues these rides out to everyone. I do love the growl of the Gts though (runs and hides!).
Venom40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #35
cstproductions
 
cstproductions's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 257
The ammount of mustangs are ridiculous... but anyways will the cobalt ss beat the v6 camaro 0-60?
__________________

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #36
bub
 
bub's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT RS & '08 Corvette Z06
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 182
I have to tell you, this 1LT V6 M6 DI VVT engine is quicker than the '91 L98 ZF6 Vette I had several years ago...

Pulls like mad once the revs build.

Just crossed 500 break-in miles and so I let her eat a bit.

This is gonna be a fun daily driver.
__________________
SOLD 2010 Camaro:
1LT RS (RPO WRS) Manual (RPO MN6)
Color & Trim:
Black w/ Black Interior
Options:
RPO WRS RS Package
RPO UQA Boston Acoustic Premium Sound

Order # NDVK94
Built 6/10/09
Delivered 7/18/09
(Previous R6P from Bozarth in Topeka)
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #37
calflan
 
calflan's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 477
O.K. puttin this question to bed :

1967 Camaro – 230 CI S6 – 140 HP
1967 Camaro – 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1967 Camaro RS – 350 CI V8 – 295 HP
1966 Z/28 - introduced high-compression 302 CI V8 - 350 HP
1969 Camaro - 307 V8 – 225 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 255 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 250 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 295 HP
1969 Camaro – 327 V8 - 210 HP
1969 Camaro – 327 V8 - 275 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 375 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 325 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 350 HP
1969 COPO Camaro – 427 V8 – 425 HP
1969 COPO Camaro – 427 V8 – 430 HP

1970 Camaro - 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1970 Camaro – 350 V8 – 300 HP
1970 ½ Z28 Camaro – 350 LT1 – 360 HP
1971 Camaro - 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1971 Camaro – 350 LT1 – 255 HP
1973 Camaro – 350 V8 – 245 HP
1974 Camaro – 250 V6 – 105 HP
1974 Camaro – 350 V8 – 155 HP
1976 Camaro – 305 V8 – 140 HP
1976 Camaro – 350 V8 – 165 HP
1977 Camaro - 350 V8 – 170 HP
1978 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 185 HP
1980 Camaro – 229 V6 – 115 HP
1980 Camaro – 231 V6 – 110 HP
1980 Camaro - 267 V8 – 120 HP
1980 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 190 HP
1980 Camaro – 305 V8 – 155 HP
1981 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 175 HP
1982 Camaro – 2.5 Liter 4 Cyl – 90 HP
1982 Camaro – 2.8 Liter V6 – 112 HP:(
1982 Camaro – 5.0 Liter (305 CI) V8 – 145 HP
1982 Camaro Z28 Crossfire Injection – 5.0 Liter V8 – 165 HP
1983 Camaro Z28 L69 – 5.0 Liter – 190 HP
1985 IROC-Z Z28 Camaro – 5.0 V8 – 215 HP
1987 IROC–Z Z28 Camaro – 5.0 V8 – 225 HP
1987 Camaro Z28 – 5.0 V8 – 165 HP
1989 Camaro – 5.7 V8 – 240 HP
1990 Camaro – 3.1 V6 – 140 HP
1991 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 245 HP
1993 Camaro – 3.4 V6 – 160 HP
1993 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 275 HP
1995 Camaro – 3.8 V6 – 200 HP
1996 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 285 HP
1996 Camaro SS – 5.7 V8 – 305 HP
1997 Camaro Z28 SS – 5.7 V8 – 330 HP
1998 Camaro – 5.7 V8 – 305 HP
1998 Camaro SS – 5.7 V8 – 320 HP
2001 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 310 HP



Of the 15ea. Z28's offered over the past 34 years of Camaro history, only 4 have had more power than the 2010 V6.

Of all the 53 engines offered, only 11 have had more Horsepower than the 2010 V6.

Comparatively, the 2010 weighs best against the 2nd gen models; 1970 – 1981. Of the 2nd gen models, only 1 engine has offered more Horsepower than the 2010; the 1970 ½ Z28.

The 1st gen models weighed in at approx. 3040 lbs.
The 2nd gen models weighed in at approx. 3700 lbs.
The 3rd gen models weighed in at approx. 2940 lbs.
The 4th gen models weighed in at approx. 3440 lbs.
The 5th gen cars weigh in at approx. 3700 lbs.

If you’ve been a fan of the Camaro and it’s heritage, the 2010 V6 is amongst the top 25% of the most powerful Camaro’s produced in all 5 generations of this model car.

The SS, at 426 HP, is amongst the top 3%.
__________________
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
You really need torque numbers though. I'm not sure HP has much meaning compared to torque.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #39
JTinFL
 
JTinFL's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 310
The V6 definitely needs a turbo on it
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #40
Nova65
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
O.K. puttin this question to bed :

1967 Camaro – 230 CI S6 – 140 HP
1967 Camaro – 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1967 Camaro RS – 350 CI V8 – 295 HP
1966 Z/28 - introduced high-compression 302 CI V8 - 350 HP
1969 Camaro - 307 V8 – 225 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 255 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 250 HP
1969 Camaro – 350 V8 – 295 HP
1969 Camaro – 327 V8 - 210 HP
1969 Camaro – 327 V8 - 275 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 375 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 325 HP
1969 Camaro – 396 V8 - 350 HP
1969 COPO Camaro – 427 V8 – 425 HP
1969 COPO Camaro – 427 V8 – 430 HP

1970 Camaro - 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1970 Camaro – 350 V8 – 300 HP
1970 ½ Z28 Camaro – 350 LT1 – 360 HP
1971 Camaro - 250 CI V6 – 155 HP
1971 Camaro – 350 LT1 – 255 HP
1973 Camaro – 350 V8 – 245 HP
1974 Camaro – 250 V6 – 105 HP
1974 Camaro – 350 V8 – 155 HP
1976 Camaro – 305 V8 – 140 HP
1976 Camaro – 350 V8 – 165 HP
1977 Camaro - 350 V8 – 170 HP
1978 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 185 HP
1980 Camaro – 229 V6 – 115 HP
1980 Camaro – 231 V6 – 110 HP
1980 Camaro - 267 V8 – 120 HP
1980 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 190 HP
1980 Camaro – 305 V8 – 155 HP
1981 Camaro Z28 – 350 V8 – 175 HP
1982 Camaro – 2.5 Liter 4 Cyl – 90 HP
1982 Camaro – 2.8 Liter V6 – 112 HP:(
1982 Camaro – 5.0 Liter (305 CI) V8 – 145 HP
1982 Camaro Z28 Crossfire Injection – 5.0 Liter V8 – 165 HP
1983 Camaro Z28 L69 – 5.0 Liter – 190 HP
1985 IROC-Z Z28 Camaro – 5.0 V8 – 215 HP
1987 IROC–Z Z28 Camaro – 5.0 V8 – 225 HP
1987 Camaro Z28 – 5.0 V8 – 165 HP
1989 Camaro – 5.7 V8 – 240 HP
1990 Camaro – 3.1 V6 – 140 HP
1991 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 245 HP
1993 Camaro – 3.4 V6 – 160 HP
1993 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 275 HP
1995 Camaro – 3.8 V6 – 200 HP
1996 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 285 HP
1996 Camaro SS – 5.7 V8 – 305 HP
1997 Camaro Z28 SS – 5.7 V8 – 330 HP
1998 Camaro – 5.7 V8 – 305 HP
1998 Camaro SS – 5.7 V8 – 320 HP
2001 Camaro Z28 – 5.7 V8 – 310 HP



Of the 15ea. Z28's offered over the past 34 years of Camaro history, only 4 have had more power than the 2010 V6.

Of all the 53 engines offered, only 11 have had more Horsepower than the 2010 V6.

Comparatively, the 2010 weighs best against the 2nd gen models; 1970 – 1981. Of the 2nd gen models, only 1 engine has offered more Horsepower than the 2010; the 1970 ½ Z28.

The 1st gen models weighed in at approx. 3040 lbs.
The 2nd gen models weighed in at approx. 3700 lbs.
The 3rd gen models weighed in at approx. 2940 lbs.
The 4th gen models weighed in at approx. 3440 lbs.
The 5th gen cars weigh in at approx. 3700 lbs.

If you’ve been a fan of the Camaro and it’s heritage, the 2010 V6 is amongst the top 25% of the most powerful Camaro’s produced in all 5 generations of this model car.

The SS, at 426 HP, is amongst the top 3%.
good job!
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #41
jschuler
WildCat
 
jschuler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT Imperial blue/biege
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 150
But is it possible to tune the 2LT, add a cold air intake and exhaust in order to squeeze a few more ponies out of it? How much would it cost to do this? Because I'm looking for a way to get a little bit more power out of my V6 (not the SS by a long shot) and keep the gas milage. Does anybody know of the brand of parts I should get if this works? I'm quite the rookie here.
jschuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #42
Brokinarrow


 
Brokinarrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
The V6 definitely needs a turbo on it
or two
__________________
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #43
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuler View Post
But is it possible to tune the 2LT, add a cold air intake and exhaust in order to squeeze a few more ponies out of it? How much would it cost to do this? Because I'm looking for a way to get a little bit more power out of my V6 (not the SS by a long shot) and keep the gas milage. Does anybody know of the brand of parts I should get if this works? I'm quite the rookie here.
There are plenty of threads on this. As far as CAI, it looks like Airaid makes a good one. Not sure how much info we have on it. Also, any cat-back or axle back exhaust should boost your HP slightly as well as fuel efficiency. Combined you might get around 20HP. As for a tune, it seems nobody has a proven method for tuning the DI LLT in the V6 yet. It's coming, we just haven't seen results yet.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #44
theholycow


 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: RI
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
O.K. puttin this question to bed :
Eh, not quite...but nice work anyway!

Quote:
Of the 15ea. Z28's offered over the past 34 years of Camaro history, only 4 have had more power than the 2010 V6.

Of all the 53 engines offered, only 11 have had more Horsepower than the 2010 V6.
{...}
The SS, at 426 HP, is amongst the top 3%.
Actually, the 426HP SS is probably the most powerful one. The horsepower standard has changed a couple times...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#SAE_horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
You really need torque numbers though. I'm not sure HP has much meaning compared to torque.
Agreed. That leads us down the road a little further, where we can then say you need dyno charts to see how much torque there is at idle when you take off from a red light, etc. Then there's the question of the gear ratios, drivetrain losses, how sticky the tires are...we can follow that discussion forever and never get anywhere.

What we really need for a numeric comparison over the internet is results. So, how about some 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times for that long list of Camaros?

Wait, that sounds like a lot of work!
__________________
Removing weight has surprisingly little effect on fuel economy
Engine break-in procedure | Gear ratios
2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 5.3 (190,000 miles and going strong)
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #45
oldag92
 
oldag92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS - SIM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hurst, Tx
Posts: 60
Sorry I don't have the time to put it all into a nice clean post, but the link below will take you to a page that has the HP, torque, 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for basically every Camaro up through the 4th gen. You can see that as far as performance is concerned, our new V6 has PLENTY compared to the V8s of prior generations.

http://musclecarfacts.net/camaro-statistics.html
oldag92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #46
PieNsky

 
PieNsky's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 1,895
You have to note that those numbers would be faster if they were on todays tires. They were spinning on skinny bias tires.
My brother had a 396/375 Chevelle with a 4:11 and thought that the clutch was slipping, it was the tires.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #47
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,890
If anyone has doubt's for getting the v-6, you should read this. Wards 10 best engines. Sorry if posted before.

http://wardsauto.com/reports/2009/te...0_best_081219/
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #48
MontyCarlo

 
MontyCarlo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstproductions View Post
Thanks for all of your help. Im sorry I wasnt able to reply sooner but my internet has been messing up. Anyways alot of you have convinced me that it has enough power but im still a little iffy. I know that with a couple mods ill be able to beat the genesis coupe which i was disappointed that it beat the camaro in some things. The only thing more I want in the v6 is more lower end torque.
If you want to beat the Genesis coupe specifically, work on the suspension. The Genesis' handling in corners is its only major advantage over a V6 camaro.
__________________
FAQs:
1. No, I do not have any strong opinions about the Monte Carlo.
2. Yes, I know what my name looks like.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #49
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
What we really need for a numeric comparison over the internet is results. So, how about some 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times for that long list of Camaros?

Wait, that sounds like a lot of work!
Rather than posting just a section, look here:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

great site... I use it frequently! LOL
scrming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #50
RyanotheDyno
 
Drives: 2001 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 40
I haven't tested the new v8 yet but i know from the few other v6 and v8 models that the v6's are ever nearly as powerful. That being said, whether or not it has enough power depends on many factors: the driver, the location, roads, transmission, and all that good stuff. Yea i think the v6 is powerful enough, but don't try to compare it to a v8; compare it to other v6's. No it won't force you back on nice stretches of interstate or kick as hard when you floor it, but for the price and the and and weight its quite powerful. Most people don't have any reason to go fast, especially not on public roads (but we do it anyway cause it fun ). So through all of my ranting that didn't really have many points, yea it's powerful enough, just don't compare it to a v8
RyanotheDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody Spray'n their SS yet - nitrous ? WeeZee Forced Induction - V8 37 12-29-2012 09:56 PM
Nitrous System ?????s PoleCat2SSRS2010 Forced Induction - V8 29 12-08-2010 05:55 PM
V6 Camaro Owners! 2010 V6 Zex Nitrous System now available! Kris@BMCPerformance Forced Induction 3 01-23-2010 02:41 PM
Well sunroof question answered (PIC) Black5thgen 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 152 08-29-2009 10:23 PM
Turbocharge your way to efficiency.....and power! Mr. Wyndham Forced Induction - V8 20 07-06-2008 12:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.