Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #15
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Had the same thing happen to my 2011 SS a month or so ago. The dealer removed the leaking cross fitted fitting, tapped the treads and installed a new fitting. Been fine since.

Last edited by Low Saturn; 04-24-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Low Saturn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #16
Killerfast

Drives: 2011 RS/SS2 M6 , 1992 Chevy Pickup
Thanks a lot, makes feel better. Last 3 times I drove it, never dripped. Must not be that bad. Going to get the alignment today. I'll bring to dealer next week. Storms tomorrow.
Killerfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfast View Post
Thanks a lot, makes feel better. Last 3 times I drove it, never dripped. Must not be that bad. Going to get the alignment today. I'll bring to dealer next week. Storms tomorrow.
Eric,

Thanks for the additional post. Please keep us posted on your visit.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Mine never dripped. But you could smell evaporating coolant after driving it a while. The smel was strongestt right next to the left front wheel.
Low Saturn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #19
Killerfast

Still waiting for the rain to stop, I have the ark half built. lol. I drove it last weekend, no drip, but it is wet right under the fitting for the oil cooler line. Maybe I'll luck out and only have to have it tightened. Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.
BMR 1.4" lowering springs, BMR frame ties, MBRP cat back exhaust, K & N Fresh Air Intake, Heritage Grill, GM Dovetail rear spoiler, Billet SS emblems, Window tint, GFX ground effects, MPD1 Z Force hood, Bear cross drilled/slotted rotors, painted calipers, BMR lower trailing arms & bushings.

Last edited by Killerfast; 05-01-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #20
Killerfast

Went to the dealer last Friday, they removed the fitting, cleaned it up. Then put some sealant on it. No leak, all covered. Thanks again for all the help on this forum.
BMR 1.4" lowering springs, BMR frame ties, MBRP cat back exhaust, K & N Fresh Air Intake, Heritage Grill, GM Dovetail rear spoiler, Billet SS emblems, Window tint, GFX ground effects, MPD1 Z Force hood, Bear cross drilled/slotted rotors, painted calipers, BMR lower trailing arms & bushings.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Went to the dealer last Friday, they removed the fitting, cleaned it up. Then put some sealant on it. No leak, all covered. Thanks again for all the help on this forum.
Great to hear!

Glad that the dealer addressed your concern and all is well. Don't hesitate to contact us moving forward if you have questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
delongboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Is this covered under the power train warranty? I have not noticed any coolant under the car but my recovery bottle is empty. My SS is a 2010 with 38,000 miles so I'm wondering if it would still be under warranty?
delongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #23
rpatten

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM 2SS/RS
My leak was covered under the power train warranty.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #24
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
hello guys. must know how to remove the clip, I found the sessions. need some help. thank you
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #25
Teamspeed
Invisicord Products

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
My 2011 is back into the dealer for the 4th time for trying to fix that cross-threaded fitting leak. I am not sure what to do at this point. I cannot keep taking time off work to drive this to the other end of the city to have it worked on. Sigh...
Old 02-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #26
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamspeed View Post
My 2011 is back into the dealer for the 4th time for trying to fix that cross-threaded fitting leak. I am not sure what to do at this point. I cannot keep taking time off work to drive this to the other end of the city to have it worked on. Sigh...
What did they do to fix it? Did they repair the female thread in the block? That's what they're supposed to do, not just gloop on thread sealer.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #27
Teamspeed
Invisicord Products

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The dealer tried what GM said, along with some of their own thoughts. I received a call 2 days ago from the dealer. They argued with GM, and I guess it was harder being outside the bumper to bumper warranty period (although this was opened up while under warranty). GM told them that in some cases, the block appeared to have a crack, and they had to replace the engines. So I am getting a new engine installed, GM is sending the dealer a new crate motor.

Not sure if I am happy or sad, it only had 18K miles on it, and now I have to hope that all the other things go back on correctly, including my ram air kit, and hope for no other new issues.