Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Refurbished audio...

Would you buy or consider buying a refurb'd audio system? Have any of you actually bought one? If so or if not, are there any particular reasons why?

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
shadycamaro
Imperial Stunner

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS (IBM)
Are we talking about factory or aftermarket refurb?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Performance: VMAX Ported TB / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / K&N Filter Interior: Llumar ceramic tint (20%) / Chevrolet All Weather Trunk Mat System: JL HD 750.1 / JL 300.4 / (2) JL 13tw5's / Focal Polyglass 165 V30 6.5" 2-Way Components (Front) / Focal IC 690 (Rear) / Audiocontrol DQL-8 / Stinger Wire & RCA's / Custom rear facing sealed box with chevy bowtie lit logo / Custom amp rack in rear seat opening
shadycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
BlaqWhole

Aftermarket...Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, etc.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 AM   #4
shadycamaro
Imperial Stunner

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS (IBM)
The old saying that you are buying someone else's problem is not necessarily true... but with all electronic equipment (new/open box/refurb) there is a risk involved if no warranty is provided. The gamble IMHO is at the cost savings level. If your talking about deep discounts then it may be worth it to roll the dice. However, there are plenty of online retailers undercutting the big box stores & local audio shops these days are hurting for business... therefore allowing some discounts if your savvy upon walk-in

Good luck with whichever route you take... anything over factory is going to be a huge improvement - lol

Performance: VMAX Ported TB / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / K&N Filter Interior: Llumar ceramic tint (20%) / Chevrolet All Weather Trunk Mat System: JL HD 750.1 / JL 300.4 / (2) JL 13tw5's / Focal Polyglass 165 V30 6.5" 2-Way Components (Front) / Focal IC 690 (Rear) / Audiocontrol DQL-8 / Stinger Wire & RCA's / Custom rear facing sealed box with chevy bowtie lit logo / Custom amp rack in rear seat opening
shadycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
BlaqWhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadycamaro View Post
The old saying that you are buying someone else's problem is not necessarily true... but with all electronic equipment (new/open box/refurb) there is a risk involved if no warranty is provided. The gamble IMHO is at the cost savings level. If your talking about deep discounts then it may be worth it to roll the dice. However, there are plenty of online retailers undercutting the big box stores & local audio shops these days are hurting for business... therefore allowing some discounts if your savvy upon walk-in

Good luck with whichever route you take... anything over factory is going to be a huge improvement - lol
Thanks for the info. I will make sure a warranty is offered if I get a refurb'd unit. I feel pretty confident in getting one but I just wanted to see if there is some info out there that I don't know. Thanks again.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
BlaqWhole

I decided to go with a brand new one. I have no issues with getting a used one. I just couldn't find a re-manufactured DNX-571HD anywhere.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #7
suzook

Drives: camaro
I actually try and find refurbed products. Big savings, and never had an issue.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Back in the day, I used to get some refurb stuff. Usual it was a heck of a discount and they usually offered the same factory warranty on it.

It was called "b stock" if I remember right.

I bought a heck of a Fosgate amp back then for a monster of a discount
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
BlaqWhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I actually try and find refurbed products. Big savings, and never had an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroshark View Post
Back in the day, I used to get some refurb stuff. Usual it was a heck of a discount and they usually offered the same factory warranty on it.

It was called "b stock" if I remember right.

I bought a heck of a Fosgate amp back then for a monster of a discount
Yea unfortunately I could not find a refurbished unit. The one I did see was not really a good deal. It was too close in price to the new one I bought. So I just bought new.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #10
Maiv

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
I buy mostly used audio equipment working and broken. For example I bought a 4kw mono block Memphis mojo amp for 150 broke. Paid 150 to fix it retails for $2000 same with my subwoofer. As long as u know what your buying you should be good
Maiv is offline   Reply With Quote