Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 04-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #76
ORNGASM

Drives: 2013 2LT RS IOM
Installed MRT v1 a few months ago with Rotofab intake. Everything else is stock. MRT v2 sounded too quiet for me plus it costs more (not sure why).

I think my setup sounds pretty damn good for a V6, especially now that I'm at the "break-in" stage. It sounds awesome at idle and when I step on it....big difference compared to stock mufflers. There is some drone at 2700 RPM but I don't mind it. I have a stick shift so I can keep it out of that range if I want to. And the major advantage.....it doesn't sound like a raspy import which was my objective.

Meet with other members and listen to their system in person....it helps.

Good luck with it.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #77
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 LT
After reading these muffler posts for months, I've come to the conclusion that everyone likes what they have. So buy anything, chances are very high you will like it. And stop sweating the little stuff.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #78
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I had the SLP Loudmouth axelback on my 12 V6, I loved it but it was really really loud. I do not have a v6 anymore so I could not tell you what new is out there.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #79
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I agree with orngasm. Go to meets and listen to others exhausts. YouTube helps but hearing some in person is best. I just got done putting in my axle back Borlas. Now based on what I am reading most of the V6ers want their exhaust a good deal louder, not me. Borlas have a nice tone for what I wanted.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #80
crazy4camaro

Drives: 2012RSLT summit wht blk hockey stri
MRT V2.0 and Roto Fab CAI sounds very nice, makes me happy
crazy4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #81
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I just installed my Cold air intake (Injen) and a Cat-back exhaust from Pypes ...... I will admit it sounds better then I thought it would .... as soon as I figure out how to load a video of it I will, or you can just drop by my house and hear it in person, lol ....

My wife even thought it sounded good, imagine that ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #82
AndrewMinhas

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT/RS
I have a magnaflow dual in dual out resonated x pipe and 2.5 in straight back and have never had one person say they didn't like it
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #83
MDcarnut

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
Just put on the MRT V2 and I like it a lot. Drones not that bad, usually have music up anyway.
Can you go into a little more detail describing the drone you are getting?

Thanks.
MDcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #84
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
I installed Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe with muffler delete 2 weeks ago and it was very loud inside the cabin but outside it sounded very nice. After about 4 days I received my scoop and CAI so I installed it. It sounded even better and a bit louder and there is drone around 2000-2500rpm range. Now that it has been 2 weeks, the drone and total noise of the car has decreased. It seems that after a break-in period the sound gets more refined and deeper.

I've heard the MRT v2 and I personally do not like it because it's a bit too tame. However, each person has their own opinion to what sounds good to them. As others have suggested, I would try to locate a few people that have aftermarket exhausts to get a better idea.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #85
Rock It

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
I put on Magnaflow axelback. got them from Summit $400. at the same time i ordered K&N cold air. got the Magna's first. they sounded alot better than stock but wasnt the sound i was looking for. the cold air took care of that. sounds like a NASCAR race car now when i get to 2k rpm's. i would have done things a little different if i had know about this site before i did these mods... but am very happy with the sound and havent ever noticed any drone. definatly noticed a power increase with both mods. Just got my APEX catch can today and will have it installed soon.... fishing is going to take priority this weekend... lol...
Rock It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #86
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
'12 2 LS

I started with the Flowmaster axel back, American Thunder, about $550.

Liked it allot, just enough volume to constantly remind you that it is not the same ole lame system they put in it. Yes, some drone, not enough to really annoy me. Rasp, well it is rare I ever really stomp on it so yeah there was some rasp.

So I installed the Mag. res. x-pipe in place of the stock H pipe, and the rasp was gone and no drone. But now it was just too tame sounding and I was, after a few thousand miles wishing I had not added it. (This is in conjunction to the set of Flowmasters).

I was also hearing a whole lotta bang and clang after adding the M.R.X, I had tried a few times to either cusion or sandwich it better, both times fail. But it could be fixed, if I took it to a competant muffler shop, problem is, around here there are no real performance oriented muffler or custom exhaust places. Sure, sure, I could find one if I look around enough, this banging sound could be fixed, it's just that I"m not happy with it's sound.

So right now I have taken it all off up to the cats, I ordered butt joint clamps, got them and am all ready to re-install the factory H pipe, and keep the Flowmasters.

That said, it wasn't till recently that I found out that the Mag.Rex.X can be used as the sole muffler, and go straight pipes right after that. This would mean I'd have to purchase them, and at this point I don't think I want to gamble on it. I mean, than I'd be holding the Flowmasters, and the factory pipes from the H pipe all the way back.

So, though I think going Mag than straight pipes would sound good, I think I'll just put back the Flowmasters with the H-pipe. At least this way I"m sure I know I like it and it costs me no more, in fact I can sell the M.R.X really easy since it is so popular.

BTW, to add on the M.R.X to a V6, you have to cut the weld joints which connecting the factory pipes which are at two separate spots, because the center to center is about 1/2" wider than the factory H-pipe. To do this you will need to drop the whole thing, flip it and cut. Sure they didn't weld it together for no reason, I dunno? Maybe to prevent it from rattling?

Now, there is also the girth of the M.R.X, it is much larger than the factory H-pipe, the steel bracket which is located immediately after it, just barely cleared it.

I bought my clamps at Summit, at first thought I needed lap joint clamps but than realised my mistake and got the butt joint sets. (for re-installing the H-pipe)

I know it sounds like I'm downgrading, but have you seen the vids of the Z28 exhaust? Yep, same H-pipe as I have, and if it's good enough for that V8 firebreather, it's good enough for my V6.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #87
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Anyone know if MRT V2.0 will fit with the factory GFX?
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #88
dmginc

Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithier View Post
Anyone know if MRT V2.0 will fit with the factory GFX?
they make them for use with the gfx, different part #

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:06 AM   #89
Jy5988

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1Lt RS
Does anyone here have the borla atak for their v6? I read it can't be done, but I have supposedly seen some on YouTube.... or what about just ordering the axlebacks? What makes them not fit from the v8?
Jy5988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #90
masonacdc

Drives: 2LS Inferno Orange "PHOENIX"
I run mrt v2 with CAI intake and ported throttle body great sound and not so loud that people won't wanna ride with you ppl love mine at shows

PHOENIX 323HP "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"
masonacdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #91
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Solo Performance Mach X Cat-Backs. Love the sound - deep tone - not overloud - no raspy sound (ie you won't sound like a honda civic). I also have their High Flow Cats installed; however, I ran for 8 months without the cat upgrade and the cats added no sound whatsoever - I think they actually quieted the exhaust a bit - but they definitely bumped up my power. Exhaust is ~$900 - HFC ~$700.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #92
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Wow all these options.
I was wondering if anyone has a ARK NII exhaust with quad tips.
If not then what is the option for just quad exhaust for a fellow V6 ?

Performance- Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
Cosmetics - Eagle Eye Headlghts with 8K HID bulbs, CCFL Foglights with stage 3 LED bulbs, Carbon Fiber Bowtie, 20x8.5 by 20x9 XO Berlin Wheels, Gloss Black ZL1 spoiler, ZL1 Manual steering wheel, Leather shift knob with red stitching, Suede shift boot with red stitching, 4 pack auxilary Guages, Elite Catch Can more coming soon....
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #93
Jy5988

Anyone on the atak?
Old 05-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #94
Pcschwenke

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Rally Yellow
I purchased the MRTv2 exhaust and magnaflo X pipe for my wife's LXF. Prior to that I spoke to Borla about the Atak exhaust. They do not make one specifically for this vehicle. They told me they couldn't get the sound they wanted so, no Atak for the V6. I was disappointed but, the MRT sound awesome!
Pcschwenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #95
Jy5988

Hummm alright ty. These YouTube videos I've seen sound pretty good.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #96
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I have an MRT v2.0 coupled with a Volant CAI.... Nice and deep, not too loud when im cruising, but you can "open it up" whenever you want. Gets pretty loud at around 4k+ rpm, but it's a sexy type of loud.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #97
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfey View Post
I have an MRT v2.0 coupled with a Volant CAI.... Nice and deep, not too loud when im cruising, but you can "open it up" whenever you want. Gets pretty loud at around 4k+ rpm, but it's a sexy type of loud.

Yes I agree and I don't have an aftermarket exhaust. All I have is a Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake.
and around 3,500 to 5,000 RPM man does it sound awesome. That is why I would want to get a High Flow Cats with X-pipes and quad exhaust tips so not only does it hear good it sounds good as well.

Performance- Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
Cosmetics - Eagle Eye Headlghts with 8K HID bulbs, CCFL Foglights with stage 3 LED bulbs, Carbon Fiber Bowtie, 20x8.5 by 20x9 XO Berlin Wheels, Gloss Black ZL1 spoiler, ZL1 Manual steering wheel, Leather shift knob with red stitching, Suede shift boot with red stitching, 4 pack auxilary Guages, Elite Catch Can more coming soon....
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #98
NOVAK

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Summit White/Beige
This is what you want:

2010-2011

2012-2015

NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #99
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro 3.6 RS, 07 Tiburon, 03 Z4
I realize I may be a bit late to the game, but here is my story. Before I bought my Camaro, I randomly test drove one off a lot in Ann Arbor. Through out the whole drive just thought it performed OK,. That was the first time I every drove a Camaro too, I was expecting it to be epic! The car I bought came with Borla exhausts already installed and it made a world of difference. Mine also came with a K&N CAI and together they really woke up the engine and gave me the performance I had expected from the beginning. The Borla is silent most of the time from inside the cabin except for a beautiful start up burble, and then it produces a very sweet sound just about 2,000 RPM getting better and better as the RPMs increase. My old 4cyl had straight pipes that made an annoying hum at just about all speeds, so I am more than happy about the performance, sound and look of the Borla pipes. I especially love the way they hang down below the bumper! Reading through all the posts, it looks like any brand is better than stock!
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #100
A_DILLA
WHTNGHT ZLS

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro ZLS
Here is my setup! I have the Roto-fab CAI, magnaflow X pipe with deleted resonator, full boar Jones racing mufflers, custom 4 " tips with the IPF Tune. Sounds like a track car and some say it sounds like a Ferrari or exotic car after 4000rpm.. under 3000 sounds like a beast with deep tone..
Attached Images

Tags
borla, exhaust, loud, magnaflow, v6 engine