Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #5901
PsychoRS
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Picked up a new toy today!

Springfield XDS .45

I need to go to the range now and try it out.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:42 PM   #5902
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Put a down deposit on this bad boy.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #5903
Jinxsters

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro
I love this site. Not only do you guys love camaro's but you also enjoy guns! MERICA!!!

here's my collection.

the AR is a Colt Commando, with a Gemtech G5T suppressor. The scope is a Eotech red dot with a Eotech 3X magnifier.

The 1911 is a Wilson Combat XTac compact 45 Which is my carry gun.
The other pistol is a Glock 22 gen 4 the 40 caliber pistol.
Jinxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #5904
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxsters View Post
I love this site. Not only do you guys love camaro's but you also enjoy guns! MERICA!!!

here's my collection.

the AR is a Colt Commando, with a Gemtech G5T suppressor. The scope is a Eotech red dot with a Eotech 3X magnifier.

The 1911 is a Wilson Combat XTac compact 45 Which is my carry gun.
The other pistol is a Glock 22 gen 4 the 40 caliber pistol.
agree, nice collection
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #5905
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
Picked up a new toy today!

Springfield XDS .45

I need to go to the range now and try it out.
I have a Springfield xdm .40 and love it
Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #5906
Jinxsters

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartens View Post
agree, nice collection
Well whenever you're around Louisville and you want to shoot a few rounds give me a holler.
Jinxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #5907
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
How many Colts can you spot?'
Old 05-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #5908
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
You guys make me want to sell my car and spend absurd amounts of money on guns
Old 05-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #5909
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Put a down deposit on this bad boy.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #5910
Denis

finally gonna put some rounds through these two this coming weekend.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #5911
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
How many Colts can you spot?'
I see one assault rifle capable of using a 30 caliber magazine clip, two hunting rifles, and 9 Glocks.

#Trollololol

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #5912
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I see one assault rifle capable of using a 30 caliber magazine clip, two hunting rifles, and 9 Glocks.

#Trollololol

Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #5913
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

#Trollololol
you've been paying attention!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #5914
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Well, I'm about to sound like a total noob...and well quite frankly I am when it comes to rifles. I want to pick up an AR here in probably a month but I have no idea where to start as in whats good/not good. I'm sure its probably better to buy your parts and build one yourself but I have no idea how so I'm just gonna buy one from the store. I'm looking to spend $800-$1200 and I know that isn't going to get me anything fantastic, but its a start. In that price range, what do you guys suggest I start to look at? I was probably going to go with .223 unless you all think there is something else I should go with?

I'm open to any suggestions good or bad. I currently own 3 guns...my 20 gauge shotgun my parents got me ages ago as a gift, my marlin .22, and my ccw gun, a springfield XD9 sub compact.

Thanks.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #5915
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
When it comes to AR's, ask the vendor if the rifle is Mil spec or Commercial spec. You want Mil spec simply because 90% of the parts out there are designed for Mil spec rifles so it will be easier to mod the gun if you decide to later.

Also your $800-$1,200 limit is too high. If you spend that much your stupid. AR-15's can currently be had for $600-$700. Don't be fooled by someone saying the big names are better and thus worth the extra money, all you are paying for is the name, that's it. There is only 4 companies that actually make the main parts of an AR, they just etch whatever companies name on the parts and charge extra. A $600 Delton will shoot just as good, be just as accurate, and be just as reliable as a $1,800 Colt.

If you're buying the gun, stick with .223. Other calibers that come in AR-15's require you build some and will be over your limit.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #5916
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
When it comes to AR's, ask the vendor if the rifle is Mil spec or Commercial spec. You want Mil spec simply because 90% of the parts out there are designed for Mil spec rifles so it will be easier to mod the gun if you decide to later.

Also your $800-$1,200 limit is too high. If you spend that much your stupid. AR-15's can currently be had for $600-$700. Don't be fooled by someone saying the big names are better and thus worth the extra money, all you are paying for is the name, that's it. There is only 4 companies that actually make the main parts of an AR, they just etch whatever companies name on the parts and charge extra. A $600 Delton will shoot just as good, be just as accurate, and be just as reliable as a $1,800 Colt.

If you're buying the gun, stick with .223. Other calibers that come in AR-15's require you build some and will be over your limit.
Where should I go to buy them for that price. I've only really looked at Academy's prices and most I see are well over the $600 price hence where I got the $800-$1200 range.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #5917
Mr_Draco

Academy is overpriced on their guns. Check you local gun shows and Walmart. Every Walmart near me has at least 4-5 AR's to choose from in that range.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #5918
Bhobbs

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
The M&P 15 is a good place to start or if you want a higher quality, the Daniel Defense DDM4 or LMT Defender are good rifles.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #5919
kalimus

Colt makes some good entry level AR's, as does Windham Weaponry. I personally would stay away from DPMS.

I do disagree with Draco that 800-1200 bucks is too high, but it really depends on how "basic" of a rifle you're looking for (he and I might have a different idea of "basic"). Like anything else, not all AR parts are truly equal. Some manufacturers really charge for the name (POF comes to mind), but some are better than others. Some come with different accessories, for instance the 1400 dollar Sig AR comes with a quad rail and flip up irons, instead of a plastic hand guard with no sights... etc etc.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #5920
shank0668

Drives: 1998 Sahara
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Well, I'm about to sound like a total noob...and well quite frankly I am when it comes to rifles. I want to pick up an AR here in probably a month but I have no idea where to start as in whats good/not good. I'm sure its probably better to buy your parts and build one yourself but I have no idea how so I'm just gonna buy one from the store. I'm looking to spend $800-$1200 and I know that isn't going to get me anything fantastic, but its a start. In that price range, what do you guys suggest I start to look at? I was probably going to go with .223 unless you all think there is something else I should go with?

I'm open to any suggestions good or bad. I currently own 3 guns...my 20 gauge shotgun my parents got me ages ago as a gift, my marlin .22, and my ccw gun, a springfield XD9 sub compact.

Thanks.
It's REALLY easy to build an AR. Just start reading into it. We could help you with any questions.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #5921
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The M&P 15 is a good place to start or if you want a higher quality, the Daniel Defense DDM4 or LMT Defender are good rifles.
Thanks, I check them out!

Quote:
Colt makes some good entry level AR's, as does Windham Weaponry. I personally would stay away from DPMS.

I do disagree with Draco that 800-1200 bucks is too high, but it really depends on how "basic" of a rifle you're looking for (he and I might have a different idea of "basic"). Like anything else, not all AR parts are truly equal. Some manufacturers really charge for the name (POF comes to mind), but some are better than others. Some come with different accessories, for instance the 1400 dollar Sig AR comes with a quad rail and flip up irons, instead of a plastic hand guard with no sights... etc etc.
That's what I thought. I don't want basic basic. I want a quality AR that isn't going to jam, fu*k up, ect but not buy one of those $2,000 one

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
It's REALLY easy to build an AR. Just start reading into it. We could help you with any questions.
If you guys point me in the right direction I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #5922
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

That's what I thought. I don't want basic basic. I want a quality AR that isn't going to jam, fu*k up, ect but not buy one of those $2,000 one

If you guys point me in the right direction I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #5923
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Just added a Springfield M1A .308 and S&W M&P 9mm to my collection tonight

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, ZL1 Style Front Splitter, Barton Short Throw
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #5924
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Some come with different accessories, for instance the 1400 dollar Sig AR comes with a quad rail and flip up irons, instead of a plastic hand guard with no sights... etc etc.
You can buy both of these for about $100. You're really better off buying just a basic gun and then adding the things you want, you'll save money in the end.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #5925
kalimus

Quote:

Well that again depends on what you mean by basic. The majority of AR's sold aren't going to jam up unless you feed them crappy ammunition. For that matter, most of their parts won't wear much faster than others (except possibly barrels). Accuracy for example could be affected though, if the parts fit losely... but it still won't be terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
You can buy both of these for about $100. You're really better off buying just a basic gun and then adding the things you want, you'll save money in the end.
100 bucks? You're going to get a heavier crappy drop in 2 piece quad rail instead of a free-float, and polymer sights (although if you don't plan on ever dropping it, no big deal)... and still exceed $100. And sure, by "heavy" I mean another 6-8 ounces, but start adding 2 or 3 things that are 6-8 ounces heavier than a nicer piece... a 7 pound AR will turn into a 12 pound AR real quick.

I do agree that buying a basic gun and adding is a good idea in general, but the build quality of a basic gun is still different if you were to compare a "basic" DPMS to a "basic" Sig or a Colt. There is a reason DPMS rifles are as cheap as they are. Just like anything else, the materials used are cheaper, allowing for a cheaper rifle. Tolerance is looser on the parts. The Wal-Mart Sporticle has no chrome-lined barrel, no forward assist, no sights, no case deflector, and a plastic handguard, and it costs about 700 dollars (not on sale). That's bare-bones basic, and you'll ultimately spend just as much adding or replacing those things as you would if you just spend the extra 200-300 dollars in the first place. DPMS used just as an example, because I had one when I was younger. I would never buy another.

ETA: I should point out that things like chrome-lining are not necessary and are really a preference more than anything. A non-lined barrel will work great, and if cleaned properly. My preference for chrome lining is more prior military preference (they're easier to clean, and less prone to corrosion... both of which might not matter to another person).

Tags
camaro gun