Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #826
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Just got back into the gym after a 2 year and 20 pound gain. Only 3 pounds lost but it's only been 2 weeks. Feel better already. I used to lift and exercise religiously for almost my whole life then the past 10 years I lost my motivation and ate all the wrong foods and, worse, started drinking.......a lot. Went from an in shape 185 pounds to a disgusting 220. While people tell me I don't look fat I know better. While I don't have this huge belly sticking out I know I'm way out of shape. Good thing is that since I used to lift so much I still have some muscle so think that's why people say I don't look that fat plus it will be easier to bring back the muscle I had. I'll wait a few months and see about posting some before and after pics. ...............maybe!
I'd still be laid here on my own..........wasting my life away.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #827
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
It's Friday! Where has everyone been?

I'm going to squat tonight for the first time in 2 weeks.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #828
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
It's Friday! Where has everyone been?

I'm going to squat tonight for the first time in 2 weeks.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #829
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Bump.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #830
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
been at CamaroFest. Now back to the ol job and some gym time.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #831
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
http://youtu.be/7kbSfFFEvxw

I thought many people would enjoy this video. It cracked me up pretty good lol. I have not clue how to embed videos, so my apologies.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #832
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post

I thought many people would enjoy this video. It cracked me up pretty good lol. I have not clue how to embed videos, so my apologies.
Lmao to funny
Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #833
Yendor

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stress is a killer. I am sticking to my diet and my work outs and the results are that while I am getting more fit, I haven't lost a pound in months. Very frustrated that I am feeling good after a workout, but nothing is happening, I'm not shrinking in the any part of my body nor am I losing weight. in fact today I was up to 217!!!!

Work stress is killing me, I am a Senior Manager of Customer Support and well there is a lot of stress in my job. A lot of stress. Been doing some reading on cortisol and I may have to quit the caffeine for a bit along with taking some rhodiola. Anyone have any input on this?

2012 RY 2SS/RS Manual/Factory Installed Hurst short throw shifter, IVS Havoc Wheels, Doug Thorley Cat back. *Coming Soon* CAI intake and Stainless Power 1 7/8" headers.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #834
kream88

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS RS
Didn't read all 34 pages. But I went from 350 pounds starting in Jan. of 2013, now down to 272 pounds as of this morning. Goal 240-250. For a full 100 pounds lost.
kream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #835
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Quote:

That one is funny. I like the one about crossfit too!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #836
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

well all I can say is its LEG DAY!!! Gonna go back over 700lbs on squat. Heaviest I have went since back problems, so hopefully all goes well.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #837
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
well all I can say is its LEG DAY!!! Gonna go back over 700lbs on squat. Heaviest I have went since back problems, so hopefully all goes well.
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #838
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
How did it go?

Quote:
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!!
Lol...seeing that makes me think about working out in high school. Good times!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #839
PHXLT1

wow weighed myself today. Gained 5 pounds?! wtf? haha.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #840
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:

This guy's a friggin Genious! He summed it all up from start to finish! How TRUE it is, I see sooooo many of these guys that get consumed by working out that their entire life is in the gym. The only guys they hang with are other gym rats, oh and of course their best friend, the guy in the mirror. LMAO!!!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #841
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
wow weighed myself today. Gained 5 pounds?! wtf? haha.
All muscle!!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #842
13lstuner

Quote:
How did it go?

Lol...seeing that makes me think about working out in high school. Good times!

That is what it reminds me of as well. Ahhh me and my friends were stupid in HS lol.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #843
PHXLT1

Quote:
All muscle!!
yeah that's what my wife said as she smacked my belly. I still feel better though.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #844
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I'm still having shoulder trouble but still do leg work and some bi's and tri's. I suppose painting my house isn't helping my shoulder any. lol Which brings me to a whole new problem, I'm getting ready to put my house up for sale and am moving back to my house at my shop, in the process of moving stuff around I realized I have no place for my gym, I may be selling off some of my equipment but need my power rack and that is the problem.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #845
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
hrpiii great lifts, congrats!...tomorrow going to deadlift weighing in at only 145 I'm going to do 355lbs no straps just chalk, going for 10 reps! last week i did 325lbs for 10, I know this is ambitious but I really am motivated to get 10 reps....currently in a 450 caloric deficit, can't wait!

Last edited by stt816; 05-07-2014 at 08:04 PM.
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #846
Yendor

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, I decided to do some more drastic things to get myself on track. As noted, I am working my butt off for 0 results. I am increasing the level of effort for my HIIT training and getting better at it.

After reading many articles on stress I am making some changes to hopefully counteract it. First off caffeine, I love coffee, but it is not helping. It can raise cortisol levels 30% in an hour. So I will have to have some healthy shakes for my morning commute or perhaps some herbal teas. I am also adding in Rhodiola Rosea as a supplement, it is supposed to relax you and help fight off Cortisol. I am hopeful. Finally, I am not going to drink the craft beers I love for a month to see what the results are. Tired of being fat.

2012 RY 2SS/RS Manual/Factory Installed Hurst short throw shifter, IVS Havoc Wheels, Doug Thorley Cat back. *Coming Soon* CAI intake and Stainless Power 1 7/8" headers.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #847
stt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Well, I decided to do some more drastic things to get myself on track. As noted, I am working my butt off for 0 results. I am increasing the level of effort for my HIIT training and getting better at it.

After reading many articles on stress I am making some changes to hopefully counteract it. First off caffeine, I love coffee, but it is not helping. It can raise cortisol levels 30% in an hour. So I will have to have some healthy shakes for my morning commute or perhaps some herbal teas. I am also adding in Rhodiola Rosea as a supplement, it is supposed to relax you and help fight off Cortisol. I am hopeful. Finally, I am not going to drink the craft beers I love for a month to see what the results are. Tired of being fat.
you work can your butt off ALL you want, but if you are over consuming calories you will not lose weight. Simple as that, people love to make it complicated....how many calories are you eating a day? Are you tracking them accurately? How did you find your caloric intake goal?

Yes, while stress does not help fat loss it wont impact you that much that you wont lose weight at all. Do not drop the coffee, bad idea...coffee is actually great when dieting as it aids in an appetite suppression (between the hot beverage and the caffeine content)....Drop the supplements, and there is no reason you cant have your beer moderately if you can fit it in your calories.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #848
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post

Please please watch this. Unless high cortisol levels are sustained for long periods of time, it has no detrimental effect....

Don't believe me, believe Dr. Layne

http://youtu.be/rxwXIgnmAOI
Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #849
stt816

Quote:
Please please watch this. Unless high cortisol levels are sustained for long periods of time, it has no detrimental effect....

Don't believe me, believe Dr. Layne

http://youtu.be/rxwXIgnmAOI

Layne norton is IMO the best in the industry, here's the problem....

most people who say their diet is good, do not track calories...theyll post what they eat, ok well how many calories is that? They'll reply i dont know I just eat really clean and no progress is being made...they always have a "clean diet"....News flash "clean foods" wont help your weight loss if you over consume them...you can get just as fat off lean chicken breast as you can chocolate cake....it comes down to portions, it's simple....download myfitnesspal and start tracking, if you already are, you need to lower your calories
Old 05-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #850
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
Layne norton is IMO the best in the industry, here's the problem....

most people who say their diet is good, do not track calories...theyll post what they eat, ok well how many calories is that? They'll reply i dont know I just eat really clean and no progress is being made...they always have a "clean diet"....News flash "clean foods" wont help your weight loss if you over consume them...you can get just as fat off lean chicken breast as you can chocolate cake....it comes down to portions, it's simple....download myfitnesspal and start tracking, if you already are, you need to lower your calories
I hate the utmost pleasure of spending a weekend around Dr. Layne, Ben Pakulski, and Dr. Jake Owen. I attended a weekend of seminars and at lunch with them for two days.( my major is Biochem just like Layne so they graciously invited me out after the seminar at the university of Tampa). I'm sure they were completely tired of me by the end of the weekend, but I took 12 full pages of notes from them. Each one of those guys have to be the most intellectual, cerebral, and well spoken individuals I've ever met. Not to mention they are all some of the nicest most helpful people I've ever known. I truthfully believe Layne has a lot of good things coming for him and rightfully so.