Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #26
omgitsmikeyC
Mike

Drives: 2012 Anniversary 2 SS auto
If you need, it would be cheaper to give one of us gas money or fly us there to do it, and buy the parts.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #27
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
If you need, it would be cheaper to give one of us gas money or fly us there to do it, and buy the parts.
Lol.

Yep, the maintenance on these 5th gens is pretty expensive. If you don't DIY. I'll be honest brakes aren't my forte but think I will ask my bro for some help. Not sure about the resurfacing/ turning rotors though. Where would one go to get the rotors done? Is it ur local auto parts place?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #28
Mighty SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'm have some serious problems with my brakes on my '13 SS Brembo brakes. I recently installed ceramic pads to eliminate squeaky which was coming from the stock OEM pads. I am now hearing even more squeaking. Can anyone recommend me some good brake pads or suggestions. Also think I may go back to semi metallic pads because the stopping power on the ceramics arent as great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Mighty SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #29
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
I would go with the Hawk ceramic pads and turn the rotors only if needed. There is a YouTube video on how to change the. Real easy to do!!
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #30
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The pricing seems a little steep, but not too bad considering the expensive cost of the stock pads. You could save some money by going with some Hawk HPS or Performance ceramics and using the DIY below.

DIY: change Brake Pads/ rotors

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro brakes cost