Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
bindu

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Speakers harness 2014 camaro

Hi,

I am looking to replace front door speakers and rear speakers without cutting wires on my 2014 1LT non BA. Which speaker harness can i use?

I was looking at following but not sure if it will work.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207104...s.html?tp=3097

Will this work fine on my door speakers and rear speakers? Has anyone used it?
bindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2010 Silverado CC
I used those to tap into my rear speakers for a LOC on my 2014 SS, had to slightly modify them but they worked. I'm not sure about the front speakers. Search JacFab's LOC DIY and you'll see the modification I'm talking about. You simply grind down one of the corners and the connector fits nice and tight. Sorry, picture sucks.
Attached Images

760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
bindu

i saw those and i took off harness from rear speakers and thought those would work with little modification. Not sure what people have been using for front door speakers. Also trying to find video's of DIY speaker replacement. I feel its easier to watch video and do it.

Did you replace speakers? Which one you chose? I am thinking about rockford components.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2010 Silverado CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu View Post
i saw those and i took off harness from rear speakers and thought those would work with little modification. Not sure what people have been using for front door speakers. Also trying to find video's of DIY speaker replacement. I feel its easier to watch video and do it.

Did you replace speakers? Which one you chose? I am thinking about rockford components.
No I haven't replace the speakers, I just did the mod to install a line out converter for an amp and sub install. I wasn't planning on replacing the speakers, but I just score a hell of a deal on craigslist for an amp and sub that saved me a good amount of money, so now I'll probably look into replacing the speakers inside. I'm with you on watching DIY videos.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
bindu

One of my friends is also selling me his 2 rockford 15" subs and matching rockford amp for 300$ but I am going to buy new as trunk is small on this car for 2 of 15".

Tags
audio, camaro, speakers